The curious case of Jon Moss

OldTrevil

Absolute hack job of refereeing, for the whole team tonight. Embarrassment to the PL

fergiesarmy1

He seemed very keen on giving fouls and cards against us but I could t even tell he awarded us a penalty from his body language. That last offside against us in injury time an all by the linesman wasn’t good.

Ace of Spades

I didn't think that was a foul, he got in front of him because he wanted it more and was physically stronger.
It was a foul, he got ahead by kneeing Jessica in the back. That is as clear a foul as any.

Moss is just a terrible ref.

Djemba-Djemba

Does VAR not look at corner kicks and bookings or stuff like that?

Because it would have taken 5 seconds to see we should have had a corner right before they scored and the AWB "handball" clearly wasn't a handball.

drdoityourself

4 mins added. Wolves make a sub in injury time that takes 45 sec off the clock. He adds four seconds.

Both our yellow cards were wrong, other small decisions just random.
Poor referee who always looks like he's out of shape and out of breath.

Never get a good feeling when he refs United games. He's what Mike Dean is to my Arsenal supporting friend.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
@GifLord

Can we see a side-by-side comparison on the non-foul on James by the touchline where he goes through the back of him and then the 'foul' right at the end before Shaw takes his shot? Just to see what he deems a foul on one end and not the other.

Not sure about the time-stamp on the James foul, can't rewind :(
Need time stamps ;)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Letting Neves off with the most obvious second yellow card ever was so infuriating.
I couldn't believe that.
This! Absolutely should be taken to the cleaners for that. Happy to book young players but let the others off.
Wanker!
The AWB booking as well was a joke. He totally guessed it based off the crowd reaction, it was pathetic.

romufc

4 mins added. Wolves make a sub in injury time that takes 45 sec off the clock. He adds four seconds.
Normally we see 4 added mins. There was a minute VAR check? I would have thought 5 mins and 30 seconds for the sub in added time. Was bizarre.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Was poor yesterday.

That Martial offside that wasn't clearly and obviously offside and actually looked onside was called, when it should be allowed to come to a conclusion and review via VAR if it gets to that stage.

If the ref and their assistants do no apply VAR properly, it has no chance of being implemented right.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Its hilarious how he instantly drops out of the picture in the first video once the counter starts after James is fouled. Guys around him who're running back look like usain bolt next to his "acceleration".
But great to see how sexist pundits congratulated the female ref in the super cup final for keeping up with the pace while no one seems to bother with Moss walking around.

Coleyoscar

About a decade ago Fergie got into trouble for accusing a ref (Alan Wiley) of being unfit.: "He takes 30 seconds to book a player so that he can catch his breath". I think of this every time I see Moss struggling to keep up. Truly awful referee.

Baxter

The foul they got by Maguire on Traore, that they hit the post from, was no different to what James got booked for.

Hughie77

VAR has been brought in because of refs like him! He's huffing and puffing after every play, I think he blows for a rest!

He's a typical homer the crowd screams he reacts, everytime James got the ball crowd was screaming no matter if it's a foul or not they influenced a weak fellow really!

Foxbatt

Is he the guy who SAF thought was the fat bloke who is unfit to be a referee?

Le Red

What's the problem with the EPL and all the fat geriatric referees?