The current negativity and how will it effect next season?

edgar allan

I don’t have any issue at all with the style of play that Mou has United playing. I actually enjoy every match, but that is probably because of how much worse the football was under LVG. Nothing can get that bad.
Your expectations are very low for 400 million plus investment.

edgar allan

And as soon as there is a sign of things going wrong or a bad patch of form the negativity will return 10-fold - 'No more excuses', 'he's in his 3rd season', 'money spent' etc. Basically people won't be satisfied unless we do what City have done this year in the league which is not going to happen.
That is so not true. If we were to try and play good positive football and give City a contest in the league this year that would be a huge improvement over last year and I think many would take that as a sign of progress.

I don't see many of Jose's critics suggesting that we must win the league this year but I do dread another year of cautious negative and ultimately unsuccessful football.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Personly thinks it's going to go two ways next year, either we win the league playing the pragmatic football we have been, or we don't Mourinho has a bit of a meltdown falls out with the fans players and the board and leaves or is fired because his position has become untenable.
Exactly this. But I wouldn't put it at fifty fifty.

edgar allan

I expect the club to mount a title challenge this season, my point is, I enjoy watching United play. I get excited for the weekend to see us play. I don’t even mind the way we play.
Fair enough, it could be so much more exciting with a different approach though.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Few decent results and it’s happy days. If we exterminate the utterly shite performances (see: most games against promoted teams last season) we will win a hell of a lot and this place will be happy.

red_john

We start by winning. True fans will be behind us from the beginning!

Nikelesh Reddy

Was having a think about next season and whether I see a genuine title challenge from us or not and came to the conclusion the answer probably relies on two factors

1- New signings
2- whether the current negativity subsideds before this season ends

I was looking at where it all went wrong for Mourinho at Chelsea and it started with not being backed in the transfer market the summer before his exit, that I don't believe will happen here as we've always backed our managers in the transfer market. The current negativity around the club though does worry me

1- the fans aren't happy with the manager's comments and his style of play
2- The Pogba situation
3- The left wing position to which the media are putting pressure on us to play Rashford, the fans want Martial and Jose obviously prefers Sanchez

I can't quite pinpoint when the negativity really came to the forefront but certainly a lot weren't happy even before the UCL exit (a lot weren't happy with the performances in the wins against Chelsea and Liverpool for example)

Anyone else feel next season could be destablised before it's even begun due to the above issues (or others) before it's even started and if so what do you think we should do to address them?
Theres absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the negativity has put even more pressure on the players,and Jose has only himself to blame for that.If we get off to a bad start on Friday,then the pressure will be ramped up even more.We have to get off to a good start this season...

If we get off to a good start,then this negativity will slowly dissipitate...But if we get off to a poor start,then the season could spiral out of control pretty soon.So we just have to get off to a good start this season...

Fosu-Mens

Was having a think about next season and whether I see a genuine title challenge from us or not and came to the conclusion the answer probably relies on two factors

1- New signings
2- whether the current negativity subsideds before this season ends

I was looking at where it all went wrong for Mourinho at Chelsea and it started with not being backed in the transfer market the summer before his exit, that I don't believe will happen here as we've always backed our managers in the transfer market. The current negativity around the club though does worry me

1- the fans aren't happy with the manager's comments and his style of play
2- The Pogba situation
3- The left wing position to which the media are putting pressure on us to play Rashford, the fans want Martial and Jose obviously prefers Sanchez

I can't quite pinpoint when the negativity really came to the forefront but certainly a lot weren't happy even before the UCL exit (a lot weren't happy with the performances in the wins against Chelsea and Liverpool for example)

Anyone else feel next season could be destablised before it's even begun due to the above issues (or others) before it's even started and if so what do you think we should do to address them?
If you were to address the most important issue, the one affecting all football related elements, you would change the governance of this club. Idealy you would change the ownership first, but this is highly unlikely as long as the Glazers get their dividend and we can pay of debt at the same time.

Negativity is just an effect of a club being run inefficiently.
We will not be challenging for CL or EPL trophy in the future as long as the club is governed as it is.