The Daredevil Draft R1 | Jim Beam vs BorisDeLaFora

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Look at what you've done to us @Fortitude :lol:
To be fair, I don't remember such an imposing team in terms of the aerial threat, and this is not all about height (Robson was about 1,75m tall, for example, and it's obvious that a relatively short Baresi won't be an issue either*).

*"Franco Baresi won't be an issue". I can't believe that I've even typed that, ffs :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This is the most arieally dominant team I've seen since O'Leary!! Which is in Scottish league so semi professional.

I don't want to argue anymore as me and Boris (shut up will send you PM) have big plans.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Can't decide, both teams are ace and I can see either side winning it. Going for a draw.

Good game!

Jim Beam

Romario : “The most ruthless monitoring of my entire career”

I just have to put it here... He didn't deserve to lose it.

BorisDeLeFora

Yeah that is an issue with my side, the way it's set up and particularly against a team with feckin Xavi and Iniesta in cm, you could argue that the likelihood of a scrappy draw is as big ad a win.

I'd fancy mine team to score but how on earth do you maintain concentration for 90 minutes against that lot and not concede a big chance or two.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Excellent game this. I can't recall seeing such a stark contrast in tactics between two teams that have went properly balls-deep with their respective themes. Now logically my head is telling me that in the year 2020 Pep tactics should prevail against Jack Charlton and Egil Olsen-approved 'lump it up to the big man', but I'm really struggling to pull the trigger against Boris as so many of his players are perfect for the system. Probably going to fanny out of making a decision as usual and call it a draw.

BorisDeLeFora

The sheep part of the draft didn't go as planned for me, in that I hoped most people would get stuck with one so I could shoehorn Delap in without completely ruining the team.

That would have been where Drogba and Ederson would have come in, literally fire the ball toward the corner up to Drogba and let him bully people enough that a high percentage of balls the opposition defender wins go out of play, and dive about the place looking for soft fouls.

Absolute shit on a stick football but something I would find hilarious in real life, especially against the likes of Pep and Klopp type managers.

Drogba would be ideal for that kind of trolling level football whereas idk if Charles had that streak in him.

Probably ended up ahoehorning Charles in a little then as a reputation call.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
The sheep part of the draft didn't go as planned for me, in that I hoped most people would get stuck with one so I could shoehorn Delap in without completely ruining the team.

That would have been where Drogba and Ederson would have come in, literally fire the ball toward the corner up to Drogba and let him bully people enough that a high percentage of balls the opposition defender wins go out of play, and dive about the place looking for soft fouls.

Absolute shit on a stick football but something I would find hilarious in real life, especially against the likes of Pep and Klopp type managers.

Drogba would be ideal for that kind of trolling level football whereas idk if Charles had that streak in him.

Probably ended up ahoehorning Charles in a little then as a reputation call.
brother is that you?

Been a good year if not more that im trying to find a system where i could hide Delap for an all-time draft :D

BorisDeLeFora

brother is that you?

Been a good year if not more that im trying to find a system where i could hide Delap for an all-time draft :D
:lol:

I think you need Rojkaard first and foremost, but Gullit is perfect foe the deep lying target man/man marking/win the first ball flick on role that stoke had.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Romario : “The most ruthless monitoring of my entire career”

I just have to put it here... He didn't deserve to lose it.
I just re-watched this full match (it's on youtube) last night, to see close how was Benarrivo.

Baresi was just incredible, and so did Maldini. But Romario really troubled that Italy's defence. And the ref was brutal.

Also a bit interesting to see young Cafu playing as a winger. He's fast, but lack end product.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Great write-ups

If Jim wins, I would suggest him to replace Camacho, Finney and David Silva by players who attack the space. Having taken Busquets would have been boring, would probably have picked Pirlo instead of Voronin to make Guardiola who tried to sign the Italian in the real life. I am a big fan of Thiago Motta too another former Barcelona player. Camacho is limited offensively buy you can argue you marry the best of the modern Spanish era with the guy who symbolizes la Furia. Think the alliance of the old-school Spanish styleplay with the modern one may have been another interesting story to tell. I don't know if Finney really like to cut inside. Strangely, David Silva makes your team a typical tiki taka team Pep could hate.

If Boris wins, I would suggest him to replace Mascherano by a pure box-to-box player (see Manchester United in the old days wih Cantona, Kanchelskis, Giggs, Keane and Ince etc.). A well-built 442, a defensive, conservative and aggressive back line. The passings skills of Hierro are great if my memories are good.

I can see Iniesta and Gullit having a great impact.

No clear winner for me in terms of storyline and I tend to underrate players who plays in black and white.

BorisDeLeFora

Fair play Jim, you have 3 of my favourite players in that side so I didn't want to bad mouth any of them.

Jim Beam

Fair play Jim, you have 3 of my favourite players in that side so I didn't want to bad mouth any of them.
Xavi, Iniesta, Baresi?

It was an interesting and refreshing idea. Me and bepo thought doing the same theme, but gave up in the end. Should have chosen Delap as 12 pick as a tribute and a part the team imo. :D Thank you for the kind debate... I do apologize to all people from Glasgow. The team is/was generally shit, but I actually loved the city and atmosphere at the game. :wenger:

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Congratulations on the win @Jim Beam

@BorisDeLeFora , would you be interested in continuing to participate in this draft?

I want to run 2 parallel drafts, one with the winning teams of round 1 and another with the losing teams of round 1