The Daredevil Draft | Winner - Enigma

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I like how the draft community have finally started rating David Villa in drafts. He's a good player and a very useful option in many different setups.
If my memories are right, it is @Enigma_87 who pushed hard some years ago to highlight his skills and versatility.

Ecstatic you dummy :mad: first you take Leo Junior and then my backup in Lerby. Now I've got to look up players again. Damn you.
At this stage, still 3-4 similar players for each of these 2 players.

I had an initial plan: the initial story was to build a robust team around Maradona/Pele/Di Stefano/Zico... but could not make it :{

Last edited:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Ecstatic you dummy :mad: first you take Leo Junior and then my backup in Lerby. Now I've got to look up players again. Damn you.
Stop thinking that Lerby's going to be available until the end, it's not the first time you've got let down by this belief :)

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Where are these examples of Villa actually and suddenly being rated? Him being picked in round 8 or we have an actual game where he has been considered for what he is? One of the best strikers of his generation and some kind of difference maker.

If we had such games, am sorry as I missed it.

David Villa for Spain:

- Most international goals

- Most goals scored in one season

- Most hat-tricks scored

- Most consecutive games ended with at least one goal

- Top scorer in World Cup finals

- Most goals scored in one World Cup

- Most goals scored in consecutive matches at World Cup

- Most goals scored in one European Championship

- 40 goals in 59 matches just counting competitive matches or 0,67 goals per game ratio (only Di Stefano higher)
And that is not mentioning his fantastic club career and ability to be a perfect attacking foil for GOAT striker, AM...

*Will send you the rest in PM Pat.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I remember the David Villa debate.

I think the general consensus was he was an extremely consistent (obviously also talented) player but his absolute peak is no where near as any of the greats. I personally rate even Torres' peak quite a bit higher than Villa's.

His Spain statistics will obviously be all time Goat levels because I can't remember Spain producing many or any great all time contenders in that position.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Where are these examples of Villa actually and suddenly being rated? Him being picked in round 8 or we have an actual game where he has been considered for what he is? One of the best strikers of his generation and some kind of difference maker.

If we had such games, am sorry as I missed it.

And that is not mentioning his fantastic club career and ability to be a perfect attacking foil for GOAT striker, AM...

*Will send you the rest in PM Pat.
Think it's just him getting picked more regularly, I had him in the last game I played I think.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Villa was phenomenal:drool:
Personally i have him very near Eto'o and above both Suarez and Torres. Performances on the pitch probably dont justify him being above Suarez but if i had a game to save my life im going with Villa without even blinking.
Reasons of him being underrated are a bit of bad luck and him being satisfied with sporadic role rather then seeking a team where he would be a n1 striker. Looking at what he won, of which team he was part of and the pleasure of playing with possibly the best player ever at his absolute best i seriously doubt he is having sleepless nights over it.
I have zero doubt he would match anything Suarez did with right wing version of Messi if not surpassing it at his peak. Eto'o and Suarez had GOAT playmakers feeding them while Villa was "feeding" Messi with his selflessness and movement.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

I remember the David Villa debate.

I think the general consensus was he was an extremely consistent (obviously also talented) player but his absolute peak is no where near as any of the greats. I personally rate even Torres' peak quite a bit higher than Villa's.

His Spain statistics will obviously be all time Goat levels because I can't remember Spain producing many or any great all time contenders in that position.
2006 - 2010 Villa in Valencia was immense. 2006/07 he was leading the league in assists scoring 20 goals in the process. And than he scored 81 in the following 3 seasons. Torres for example has only one season on that level imo (in terms of scoring, Villa was always a better all around player).

Think it's just him getting picked more regularly, I had him in the last game I played I think.
He gets picked often, I just don't see the effect to suddenly claim he is being rated. For me, Villa pretty much elevates his partner along with being a fantastic scorer. Bottom line, I still think he is very underrated.

Then again, I love him to bits (or those type of players), so it is also maybe a slight overreaction. :wenger:

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Villa was phenomenal:drool:
Personally i have him very near Eto'o and above both Suarez and Torres. Performances on the pitch probably dont justify him being above Suarez but if i had a game to save my life im going with Villa without even blinking.
Reasons of him being underrated are a but of bad luck and him being satisfied with sporadic role rather then seeking a team where he would be a n1 striker. Looking at what he won, of which team he was part of and the pleasure of playing with possibly the best player ever at his absolute best i seriously doubt he is having sleepless nights over it.
I have zero doubt he would match anything Suarez did with right wing version of Messi if not surpassing it at his peak. Eto'o and Suarez had GOAT playmakers feeding them while Villa was "feeding" Messi with his selflessness and movement.
Hear, hear...

SirScholes

Surely can’t be 16 hours if I’ve got it right? Got tagged at 1am
Or is it a collective total?

Round 9 - Pick 1

GodShaveTheQueen

1. Sjor - Dejan Savicevic
2. Himannv - Riccardo Ferri
3. Sir Scholes - George Weah
4. Physio - Luigi Riva
5. Michael - Manuel Neuer
6. EAP - Gordon Banks
7. Enigma - Manuel Neuer
8. Ecstatic - Wolfgang Overath
9. BorisDeLeFora - Didier Drogba
10. Zlatan - Franck Ribery
11. Isotope - Pierre Littbarski
12. Pnut - Steven Gerrard
13. Jim - Pierre Littbarski
14. Skizzo - Luigi Riva
15. Pat Mustard - Dunga
16. Gio - Tarcisio Burgnich
17. 2mufc0 - John Terry

BorisDeLeFora

My rugby team is coming along almost as planned, now for someone to boot the ball into the corners and another to take the throw ins

Round 9 - Pick 2

GodShaveTheQueen

4. Physio - Christian Vieri
5. Michael - Iker Casillas
7. Enigma - Sepp Maier
11. Isotope - Robert Lewandowski
13. Jim - Jose Luis Chilavert
14. Skizzo - Kevin Keegan