The David Beckham Appreciation Thread

EricaNo7

I doubt you will find any Utd supporters who did not appreciate how good he was and what he did for the club.

You will find some (like me) who does believe he was a tad overrated though.
thank heavens for a voice of reason.
I realise he was a wonderful player for us, but you'd think he was our greatest player EVER in this thread. But then I never did understand his iconic status.......

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
EricaNo7; said:
I never did understand his iconic status.......
Home grown, instrumental player at a defining point in our history, treble winner.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It was great seeing him back at OT pinging balls around, looked like he really enjoyed himself too. Think he was also quite mindful that it wad Gazs night, not wanting to take the free, refusing to do a lap of honour with him.

I also really enjoyed seeing Butt back, another class player and great servant to the club.

We were unbelieveably privileged to have witnessed these lads come through at Utd.

I'm always right

It was great seeing him back at OT pinging balls around, looked like he really enjoyed himself too. Think he was also quite mindful that it wad Gazs night, not wanting to take the free, refusing to do a lap of honour with him.

I also really enjoyed seeing Butt back, another class player and great servant to the club.

We were unbelieveably privileged to have witnessed these lads come through at Utd.
Totally, Butt surprised me more than all of them, thought he did a very good job.

Beckham is a class act, doesn't surprise me at all that did everything to make sure that it was all about Gaz and not himself. And wow, that boy can still play football, one of the best passers I've ever been lucky enough to see.

kietotheworld

He did miss a Galaxy game for Neville's testimonial, don't know if he'd be cheeky enough to repeat the trick.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
As I get older I realize more and more what a classy player and individual he was for us. United legend.

mufcwarm92

That is some of the most horrendous goalkeeping from a corner I've ever seen. Nice goal though.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Hasn't he got to be the best passer of the ball of all time? Who else has ever had that ability to hit 70yrd passes on such a super humanly consistent basis?

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Hasn't he got to be the best passer of the ball of all time? Who else has ever had that ability to hit 70yrd passes on such a super humanly consistent basis?
That young ginger fella who retired this summer?

Minkaro

David and Victoria aren't very good at naming children.

Congratulations to them though.

Unam333

He named his daughter Harper Seven. Seven is an allusion to his shirt number at United, right?
Interesting name. I like it. Don't like the "Seven" though. Hopefully she won't get obese: Harpoon Beckham.