---McTominay---Pogba---
Sancho---Fernandes---Rashford
-----------------Martial-----------------

-----------------Romero-----------------
Dalot--Bailly--Tuanzebe--Williams
-----------Fred-----------Matic-----------
Greenwood--Mata--James
------------------Ighalo------------------
Your 2nd 11 is clearly a non-starter; as we saw this season.

Chances Bailly and Tuanzebe will certainly be fit over an entire season are low.
Mata and Matic are both too slow to play in the same mid-field.
Lindelof + Maguire are collectively too slow to play in a partnership.

At the very least, you need another faster CB to partner Maguire. I'd also play Mata, Garner and Fred, or Matic, Pereira and Fred in the same midfields. Never Mata, Matic and Fred.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Your 2nd 11 is clearly a non-starter; as we saw this season.

Chances Bailly and Tuanzebe will certainly be fit over an entire season are low.
Mata and Matic are both too slow to play in the same mid-field.
Lindelof + Maguire are collectively too slow to play in a partnership.

At the very least, you need another faster CB to partner Maguire. I'd also play Mata, Garner and Fred, or Matic, Pereira and Fred in the same midfields. Never Mata, Matic and Fred.
:rolleyes: Always someone that misses the point entirely

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This won't happen, and will never happen.

Stop making FMish assumption based on FMuppet shortlist, it seldoms works if not never works.
Yep. Try and buy Aarons on footy manager and see how far you get. Let alone in real life, for a position we bought a slightly older player for 50m just last summer.

Mark Pawelek

These players should leave. Either due to injury record or not being up to it. Sometimes both. Potential total market value is from £106 m to £186 m; but in most cases I would expect to get less than values listed below.

Out:​
Fee​
Contract to:​
Reason for sale​
AM​
Alexis Sánchez​
0.0​
Jun 22​
failed​
AM​
Andreas Pereira​
14.0​
Jun 23​
AM​
Jesse Lingard​
16.0​
Jun 21​
AM​
Juan Mata​
6.0​
Jun 21​
LB​
Luke Shaw​
16.0​
Jun 23​
injuries​
CB​
Phil Jones​
11.0​
Jun 23​
CB​
Eric Bailly​
16.0​
Jun 22​
CB​
Marcos Rojo​
6.0​
Jun 21​
?​
Timothy Fosu-Mensah​
5.0​
Jun 21​
RB​
Dalot​
16​
Jun 23​
B2b​
Paul Pogba​
80.0​
Jun 21​
lacks commitment​
Total :​
£106 m​
to £186 m​

The only players leaving, above, who make us weaker are Pogba and Shaw. Players we need to sign are :
2 fullbacks, right-winger and striker. Ideally another centre-back too. Pogba was already replaced by Fernandes; but we need another creative midfielder to substitute for Fernandes (also 4 AMs to leave).

In:​
Minimum​
Maximum​
LB​
20​
30​
Fode Ballo-Toure + Pervis Estupiñán
RB​
move Williams​
CB​
11​
Salisu. TFM + Linderof combination cannot work as they don't have the aerial dominance.​
RW​
25​
85​
Traore or Sancho. (Sancho is only coming if Pogba leaves )​
AM​
30​
45​
Nkunku (RB Leipzig), or Grealish, Maddison, ...​
CF​
25​
Plea (Mönchengladbach). Can also play RW.​
CDM​
25​
Bellingham understudies for Matic. McTominay and Fred play Box2box.​
Total:​
£136 m​
£221 m​

Last edited:

jesperjaap

I dont even think its a question of deadwood and back ups, its also about the attitude and form against value of players, as well as youngsters comign through. Personally I think there are arguments to sell lots of our players to raise funds towards a major spree if there are buyers. I wouldnt sell all of these, but these are my personal choices I would consider selling:

DeGea: We have a fantastic international and experienced back up keeper who has never let us down, has generally been fantastic everytime Romero has played and we have a fantastic young English keeper on loan. DeGea doesnt seem the keeper he once was.....time to cash in?

Dalot: I actually think he has a lot of talent and has been stunted by injuries. Same token, for me Bissaka is one of the best right backs in the world, thought that before we signed him. We also have a very good full back in Laird waiting in the wings. Are we the right club for Dalot to grow at for him or us?

Rojo: Had a good few months but nothing more than a squad player

Jones: Done very little in several years here, a huge flop when thinking of the player we signed from Blackburn

Smalling: I think he is a decent defender, better than most still at the club, but his ability on the ball been questioned and will his stock ever be higher than his season at ROma?

Lindelof: Personally I dont rate him at all, is so average in most areas and really poor in others

Pogba: Lets forget the ability and the circus that goes with it. Judging him solely on performances over the time he has been here he has been exceptional probably 10% of them and abysmal in 20% of them. You can say he hasnt had great players around him but that never stopped Bryan Robson. If the fee we paid for him is on the table, Id snap there hands off personally, performance wise he has never even got close to justifying the price tag regularly. Take away those first three months Ole was in charge and he has been a dire flop.

Perreira: I actually had high hopes for him and wanted to see him get opportunities. He has had plently this season and hasnt grasped them at all

Lingard: He is what 27 now and has had one decent season.

James: I just dont see a player here at all, may be young but his decision making and final balls look dreadful to me. Reminds me of a poor version of Walcott, quick and a decent finisher.....nothing more

Sanchez: Was actually one of my favourite players outside of our club over the last decade, all been soured with his time here. Tremendous talent but doesnt even need explaining this one does it.

The lot of them would be well over £200m even in these times, I would think more over £300m. That in itself buys you Grealish, Bellingham and SAncho. Add a quality centre back and a decent cheap striker and we would have a great squad.

Personally if it was possible I would sell all of them bar DeGea, think Henderson needs more time before he is ready and though not been his best season, DeGra is still one of the best in the world for me. Though Pogba has all the physical attributes and ability, I think performance wise through his whole career, even at Juventus, he has been one of the most over rated players performance wise that is suposedly world class I can ever remember

Jesse > Messi

completely concur with this sentiment, I must put my hands up and say I’ve done this before - you definitely can’t infer a player footballing ability based solely on there name alone, this is a serious cardinal sin (one I can imagine a lot of people have made) :lol:

SambaBoy

GK: De Gea and Romero. This combo has worked fine for years, and Henderson is too good to sit on the bench. Another year of PL experience will work wonders for him.

RB: AWB has done well and will improve so no problems as no1 RB for now. Laird is a very talented youngster but injuries are holding him back. Dalot hasn't really shown enough to be considered our future RB but again injuries have affected him so give him another year.
CB: Rojo, Smalling and Jones gone leaves Maguire, Lindelof, Bailly and Tuanazebe. I would strengthen in this position to compete alongside Maguire.
LB: Shaw and Williams are not fantastic but it's not an area that require immediate attention. Let them battle it out next season before potentially improving if they don't show enough to be our future LB.

CM: Fred, McTominay, Pogba and Bruno is a good quartet all with different qualities. Matic has come back into form but I would look to get rid of him whilst we can for a fee, but I doubt that's going to happen after the new contract he has just signed. We should be looking at a DM our deep lying playmaker then our options will be very good. Loan out Garner and Gomes.

Attack: Need one more player in the forward positions, hopefully Sancho. Rashford is a top player and can operate from LW and CF. Martial is another one, but he needs to add consistency to his game and score more goals. James has been thrust into the first team too quickly, he's a good option to have but he shouldn't be starting every week. Let him develop and see what sort of player he is in 1-2 years. Greenwood the same, I actually want to see him more often rather than for the last 15-20. We haven't seen much from his all round game yet and he looks off it physically but his finishing is fantastic and he's a goal threat whenever he's on the pitch. One of Pereira/Lingard have to go, too similar players and have both been poor in the last 12 months. Keep one as a rotation/bench option as they both have great off the ball energy and can press high up the pitch. We should sign someone in the ilk of Ighalo if we can't keep him. Someone who knows he is there to be back-up but also good enough to make an impact when needed. Mata has been dreadful for years now and needs to be sold ASAP.

So ideally that's Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Lingard/Pereira, Mata, Matic. Loan out Henderson, Garner, Gomes and possibly Laird. Probably get £40-80m for all of them.

Then go out for a CB, DM/DLP and Sancho however I appreciate this may cost in excess of £200m once we purchase Sancho so it depends on the current situation and what options are out there.

ROFLUTION

Smalling to Newcastle makes much sense for both clubs imo. Hope that happens and we can cash in 20-25m for him. Jones too if they like.

Would be nice if we could fund Grealish by selling 3 out of 4 of Pereira, Smalling, Jones and Lingard. Would leave us money for Sancho too and clear some deadwood.

Mark Pawelek

Ole seems to have an agreement with United's board to change the team carefully and slowly.
In 2019, 5 players left: Fellaini, Lukaku, Herrera, Valencia, Darmian
Only 1 in 2020: Young
With three more going on loan: Sanchez, Smalling, Rojo.

In the light of evidence, I'm changing what I said before. At most, I expect no more than 5 first team level players to leave this summer. From: Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Sanchez, Andreas Pereira or Lingard. In that order. I wouldn't be surprised if only the first 3 or 4 left. I can't see Sanchez going anywhere except China.

I think most fans want(ed) more players to leave, more quickly.