The decision to sell Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Like I said, I don't think that stat represents the whole truth. Him and Rojo are two players who made me worry about us winding up with 10 men.

I TOTALLY agree on the abuse from fans, though. I mean, I was really pissed off when he got subbed on and cost us a win against Everton by immediately clumsily fouling in our box and giving them a penalty, but booing your own players and the vitriolic abuse he got on social media is definitely not on. We still see that with Ashley Young, for example.
Yeah, I don't disagree with anything with you wrote.

Shark

@NotShark
How did this joker manage 5 years at our club?! Absolutely unbelievable, car crash of a signing.
Hardly a car crash of a signing. A key player at stages under both LVG and Mourinho. Scored some important last minute goals to contribute to trophies. If you want a car crash signing, look at players like Bailly, Fred, Rojo and Jones who Ole has given a 5 year contract for reasons unknown. They contribute nothing.

Hardly a car crash of a signing. A key player at stages under both LVG and Mourinho. Scored some important last minute goals to contribute to trophies. If you want a car crash signing, look at players like Bailly, Fred, Rojo and Jones who Ole has given a 5 year contract for reasons unknown. They contribute nothing.
agreed. Fellaini wasn’t a great player, but he had a purpose (on occasion), and unlike half the squad gave his all (despite his obvious limitations). Would take him over any of the players you have named, and I’ll also add Sanchez and Lukuku. Unfortunately it’s not really praise as all the players mentioned should never be playing for us.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I keep seeing people saying we didn't replace Fellaini, but to me it's quite clear that he was let go due to the emergence of McTominay

It's Herrera who needed replacing as Garner is not quite ready

DRM

I keep seeing people saying we didn't replace Fellaini, but to me it's quite clear that he was let go due to the emergence of McTominay

It's Herrera who needed replacing as Garner is not quite ready
100%

Although if you ask me, if rather have fellaini over perreria anyday!

The Bloody-Nine

I don't miss Afro at all, though he did have his uses. Anyone know how he's done since he left?

Nikelesh Reddy

Now, I didn't like the sight of Fellaini starting games for us, as much as anybody. While he had his uses, he didn't represent what I wanted to see from a Manchester United player. But we appear to have replaced him with Andreas Periera. And to be honest, it's not even a contest. Fellaini is miles better than them based on what we've seen of both thus far.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes but you don't sell disappointing players by replacing them with already in house and much worse ones. Surely Ole was involved in this absurd call? This and Herrera being replaced by Mctominay are two extremely weird pieces of squad building.

I never thought I'd miss Fellaini. fecksake this club.
The decision to sell him was absolutely right.The decision to not sign a central midfielder last summer,despite selling 2 midfielders in 6 months is unpardonable in my view.Its nothing less than a criminal negligence...

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He was a useful player to have - could have kept him around until it was obvious we didn't need him anymore. We're nowhere near closer to playing this much fawned attacking football and Fellaini has been gone for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.