The devil's advocate

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They taken a billion pounds out of the club since their take over which is why fergie went with the "there is no value in the market bulllshit".

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would have taken him over the four we have so far but pep was always the guy to me. Not sure who I would take now seeing as both of those options are dead, Poch seems like a good option but I’m still not sold on him.
Rather him than Ole

Dve

The difference is that Poch seems to prefer a playstyle that is not outdated, and based on the progress Tottenham had without spending stupid amount in the market were able to improve the team through training and coaching... Two elements that would make him less impacted by having an assumed incompetent organization above him fumbling around in the transfermarket.

Going from an extreme possession-oriented manager like LVG to the complete opposite with Mourinho does not make sense... Would be equivalent to manufacturing pens one year and then producing pencils the next. While they are both used for writing, the manufacturing processes and materials used are completely different.
The most significant difference is that while there are proofs of van Gaal and Mourinho´s failure, there are none of Poch´s success.

Dve

Random bolded words make me look like I have a point.
Ridiculing makes it look like you have an argument.

The bolded words helps the reader. If you don´t care to read the whole thing, you can easily jump to the arguments. I should actually a added a couple more. It´s not a bad way to present a longer text, the arguments we may have on the Glazers aside.

Zed 101

When David Moyes who successfully managed Everton to regular top 6-8 finishes bombs, Van Gaal who has one of the most successful managerial career in football history bombs, when Mou the special one bombs..... well I reckon a fool just blames the managers, there is something rotten in the state of Denmark and something pretty stanky in Old Trafford.

I am not sure of all the pieces that do not currently fit and of all the tweaks that are needed but there is one thing certain sure our club is in decline, how far it has to fall before it plateaus is anyones guess, but we better buckle up and start gritting teeth because nothing is changing anytime soon.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Ridiculing makes it look like you have an argument.

The bolded words helps the reader. If you don´t care to read the whole thing, you can easily jump to the arguments. I should actually a added a couple more. It´s not a bad way to present a longer text, the arguments we may have on the Glazers aside.
No it doesn't, it's just an eye sore when it's used so liberally for something that doesn't require emphasis.

Gehrman

The most significant difference is that while there are proofs of van Gaal and Mourinho´s failure, there are none of Poch´s success.
That really depends on whether you think Poch should have the won the PL and CL with spurs or southampton. I suppose a FA Cup would have been nice.

wolvored

Initially when they bought the Club with this PIK debt perhaps. But the "campaign" did not stop after the loan was managed downward, nor it stopped after Utd went back to stock market hence further reduce debt. The goal post might have been shifted but I am pretty sure it was the same group.
How much is the debt now compared to when they put the club into debt?

wolvored

In the Fergie years the Glazers on the whole chose not to back him with big bucks. This is why he spouted the stupid 'no value in the market' mantra.
Playing the advocate; Since Fergie went and especially since VG joined the club have had ample money to build a fantastic team, but the wrong players were bought in. We also havent had the right manager come in , and it is the luck of the draw, as shown by Liverpool and the amount of managers they have had, before they got it right. the same as pre-Fergie.
There is a lot of fault on the Glazers and Woodys side, but if they were to bite the bullet and pass the team building over to a proper footballing man, a worldwise DOF that wants to play attractive attacking football, and can attract the right manager with the same views, then in a single season we would see the improvement straight away.

TRUERED89

That really depends on whether you think Poch should have the won the PL and CL with spurs or southampton. I suppose a FA Cup would have been nice.
He could of won it the year Leicester did, they were in it until almost the end.

Gehrman

He could of won it the year Leicester did, they were in it until almost the end.
True, but that really applies to every big club that season. But it's a fair enough critism, on the other hand Leiceister sacked Raineri the season after they won. Poch until his final season at spurs has managed to deliver consistently what all our big spending managers post-fergie have failed to do. We could hire Raineri because he won the league with Leicester but there is a reason we are not isn't there?

Gehrman

Succes is relative to the expectations of the club. For the worst PL clubs, not being relegated is a succes.

TRUERED89

True, but that really applies to every big club that season. But it's a fair enough critism, on the other hand Leiceister sacked Raineri the season after they won. Poch until his final season at spurs has managed to deliver consistently what all our big spending managers post-fergie have failed to do. We could hire Raineri because he won the league with Leicester but there is a reason we are not isn't there?
True it was a horror show for the usual top 6 that season. Spurs and funnily enough Arsenal (who ended up 2nd place) were the only one's fighting that year. Chelsea had their collapse which saw Jose fired, us and LVG were too busy putting the fans to sleep and City were just scrapping for 4th (last day, beat us on goal difference again :mad:).

As far as Ranieri... :lol: No comment

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Keanu Reeves likes this.

Dve

Succes is relative to the expectations of the club. For the worst PL clubs, not being relegated is a succes.
No, that´s not what I meant. My point was more, who can be certain about the future. When you are judging someone´s decisions by hindsight only, you bear great risk of being unfair.

Falcow

Liverpool have spent approx 300m on just 5 players in recent seasons, how come they ain't on the OPs list?

cyril C

How much is the debt now compared to when they put the club into debt?
I am not geared to answer your question so can only quote what is on the web.

"...Most of the capital used by Glazer to purchase Manchester United came in the form of loans, the majority of which were secured against the club's assets, incurring interest payments of over £60 million per annum. The remainder came in the form of PIK loans (payment in kind loans), which were later sold to hedge funds. Manchester United was not liable for the PIKs, which were held by Red Football Joint Venture and were secured on that company's shares in Red Football (and thus the club). The interest on the PIKs rolled up at 14.25% per annum. Despite this, the Glazers did not pay down any of the PIK loans in the first five years they owned the club. In January 2010, the club carried out a successful £500 million bond issue, and by March 2010, the PIKs stood at around £207 million.[1] The PIKs were eventually paid off in November 2010 by unspecified means..."

According to MU annual report, as of 2018, our long term debt is 554m GBP, our total finance cost is 24m, obviously much lesser than the 60m p.a. on Year 1. FYI our original valuation was 800m GBP.