The disgusting way fans treat journalists

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You're not going to stamp this out of the game so long as there is anonymity on social medias. As the second person discussed in OP, you just have to be thick-skinned and understand these are mostly kids and adults who are venting their frustration, they don't know you as a person, and above all they don't matter one bit. Sure, it's disgusting, but who the hell really should care about comments on social media? It's a pointless exercise.

Canuckred64

To be fair, the writers of the articles won't write their own headlines.

A journalist writes the story who then sends it on to the editor for sign off, then the editor sends it off to the headline writer to make a catchy headline to make people click on it. The headline is not necessarily wrong or misinformative, but it will be worded in such a way to get you to click.
That's one of my biggest complaints with Journalist's stories, most of the time the headline has very little to do with the story.

R'hllor

Abuse is disgusting in general but huge majority of them aint journalists, just bunch writing for news paper.

Bole Top

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Chat shit get banged

Majority of them made up bullshit news they're bound to get called upon at one point

(I don't condone racist/violent threats etc, but being called a fraud is fair game)
completely agree.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If you're on twitter you can't really complain about people being vile twats on it. Because that's literally its prime reason for existing
It doesn't have to be that way. All of social media is pretty much a cesspit and a sad reflection on humanity.

spiriticon

The internet, while a fountain of knowledge, is the most dangerous thing to human mental health there ever has been.

Use with caution.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People, including a lot in here and in this thread, lack the brain capacity to realise that when these writers write a transfer story and it doesn’t come off it doesn’t mean it’s “made up.” That is such a childish view but it seems it’s how most operate. Transfers are made up of lots of moving parts and all sorts of motivation are at play and something can be true at the time of writing then not true by the time it’s published. All information will be sourced and carefully weighed up before the story is written.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
People, including a lot in here and in this thread, lack the brain capacity to realise that when these writers write a transfer story and it doesn’t come off it doesn’t mean it’s “made up.” That is such a childish view but it seems it’s how most operate. Transfers are made up of lots of moving parts and all sorts of motivation are at play and something can be true at the time of writing then not true by the time it’s published. All information will be sourced and carefully weighed up before the story is written.
And you don't realize this is the mindset they take advantage off "oh well it was there. Didn't happen. My bad!" There's a lot of BS amongst journalists.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
And you don't realize this is the mindset they take advantage off "oh well it was there. Didn't happen. My bad!" There's a lot of BS amongst journalists.
I’d be willing to bet there actually isn’t much BS at all, the info they’re given might be inaccurate but they aren’t making it up.

I’m not talking about the rag papers here also, talking about the more reputable publications, both print and online.

GenZRed

I do agree with the sentiment expressed in the OP on this thread but the internet is the internet. Doesn't matter what field you are in, people are going to be mean to you.

Whether it is politics, football or any other sport. Any topic where people have strong opinions about something are going to be toxic, if expressing themselve sover the internet, sometimes in face-to-face situations too.

shaky

Breaking news. Out of the 320 million twitter users, some of them are douchebags. If you solicit attention by tweeting things, some of that attention will obviously be negative. Get over it.

Falcow

I don’t go on Twitter, and that’s far worse as it’s unregulated. But it’s pretty bad in here a lot of the time.

I’m not sure fans actually watch the football, they just want to complain, and complain about everyone and everything.

I agree I don’t think it’s just a football thing. Clearly those people who spout off like this will do it for every aspect of the miserable lives.

I don’t frequent other forums, but our fans have been horrific this summer. There seems very little room for constructive debate and opinion.
Yes, the negativity surrounding the club is unbearable. So many have nothing positive to say whatsoever and are full of bile towards the club. It honestly seems that some of our fans now hate us more than they do pool and their ultra cool idol Klopp.

On topic...No big issue with these guys being calling frauds....go get a real job. But people wishing covid death however goes without saying is absolutely despicable. Online bullies are my number one hate.

Pav1878

Mighty long OP for something no one cares about.

These journalists bring it on themselves by spouting so much nonsense and lies to get likes and follows.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I’d be willing to bet there actually isn’t much BS at all, the info they’re given might be inaccurate but they aren’t making it up.

I’m not talking about the rag papers here also, talking about the more reputable publications, both print and online.
The way it works (imo) is they do get reliable sources but no journalist consistently gets reliable source. They get 1-2 reliable ones then 5-6 are made up then 1-2 again and so on. They are carving a career out of it.

K_Ash

for months: "Personal terms agreed"..."personal terms not a problem".."Bid of $$ rejected" . We don't even know when a bid was made exactly. You can't just expect to get away with it, if nothing happens, at the end. Those frauds should be called out for what they are! F R A U D S

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Zero sympathy for these journo's and hacks. They create the news and very rarely report the news. Be it transfers, inside scoops or whatever, stories are manipulated, key text or comments left out to suit their narrative or agenda.

Duncan Castles hating on United pre Jose. As soon as Jose is manager his position on United, Players and the club changes. That other alice band wearing thundercnut from the Daily Mail, constantly sniping at United but does he show his face at any of the pressers, does he feck.

Can't find the video unfortunately but Simon Jordan ripped into the guy from The Daily Mail or the Sun the other week after Greenwoods incident with England in Iceland. In a nutshell the reporter maid it very clear that if they had a scoop they would usually approach the player or club first. If the club then offers something favourable like an exclusive interview with marquee player further down the line, they will dumb the story down or bury it.

The problem with the journo's is they have zero accountability. They can write what they want when they want and about who they want and hide behind, 'Confidential Sources' or some other claptrap.

Twitter is a cesspit and if you want to go and spout utter made up crap that most people see through then you will get your fair share of people calling you out.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Don't agree with violent threats but let's be honest they can simply block people and I doubt that they're in much real life danger.

They get paid well to write about football and enjoy a high standard of living. Moreover they get away with writing any old rubbish. If they were in a different area of journalism they'd probably be scrutinised more.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Social media is not real life. It is a fantasy land.

These journalists should just not read comment sections and get on with it. If they know they are diligent and credible who feckin cares what a 12 year thinks in a DM.

Withnail

Oh really? He's always on about being ITK. He posted the telles transfer and marked out some part of the document as if it was some big discovery after the club announced it!
The document that said 'Press Release' with a massive United crest at the top? :lol:

RedChisel

Football fans seem to be some of the most unhinged members of society judging by social media. How people get so worked up over things like football transfers is beyond me. Don't get me started on the bile aimed at ours players on here and elsewhere.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Doesn't help that a huge number of people can't tell the difference between an actual journalist and someone who just tweets about transfers during windows.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Social media is toxic as feck (thankfully forums like the caf are much more moderated) - and the responses are indeed over the top in some cases.

But, I echo the claims that its way too easy to pretend to be a journo or an ITK. I am always fascinated with documentaries, movies etc about true investigative work by some of the world's leading publications. Now its way too easy to throw your hat in the mix. Though I had fun muppeting in the Sancho thread for instance - I think I made it pretty clear that generally I presume 99% of tweets and articles about transfers to be complete and utter bollocks. Its really like being a horoscope writer- if you do it well you can always make it seem like there is something true and wrong about what they said - depending on the conviction of the reader.