Gaming The 'Don't get excited but if I did a new FM Experiment' thread

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Hey guys, although I don't post as much as I used to, I'm still on here daily.
Some may remember, but I did the San Marino Vs Gibraltar experiment, and yes, I completed it!!!

Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of doing a new one in the near future, but would like some feedback or idea's.

Initially, I wanted to make around 20 player managers and put them in the lower leagues, but then realised it would just create big gaps as teams funnel through the leagues.
I could just do a 20man super league type of thing. Just a single league, no euro competitions, just a cup or two.

My idea would be. 20 teams. Each with you as a manager/player. No other players, no staff, nothing, but each with the exact same club stats (budget, stadium, rep etc)
Ideally, I'm not sure if I could do it, but maybe something like how the NFL plays out, smaller groups that work towards a superbowl (without the half time events)

Also, rather than updates through pictures, although I could do both, would any of you be interested in maybe a twitch sort of play through?
I could skip to certain events, end of transfer windows, mid season, cup finals, final day etc.
Ideally one stream per week, an hour or so, where we could go through certain things, and people could ask for things they want to see etc

Any feedback or potential ideas and I could try and piece something together for a future save
Obviously, I'd only want to do the twitch side if there was enough interest in that.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I'd be down. Not sure I'd be able to watch the streams live but some sort of video update would be a cool idea.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I did a club one years ago, it was rather more work than the player ones to set up, as I recall. I basically used Malta to create a RedCafe nation, and created two divisions with clubs of equal starting positions - and then made all the top players (or even all the players? I can't remember) in the world out of contract. I did consider doing a draft of some kind, but the logistics of doing a snake draft with twenty people for a full squad scared me straight. I may have given clubs some starting players based on value, I can't exactly remember.

Making it completely insular like the US could be a better idea than what I did, since inevitably half the clubs had to be in the second division in mine. I wanted to have promotion and relegation though. The player ones are easy to set up, you basically just create players and let them loose in the world, but with a club one there is a lot that can go wrong. The nation has to be correctly set up, as do the divisions, and any other competitions. It's doable, though.