"The dressing room is just a disaster"

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If he starts disciplining and dropping them, we won't have a team left.

The players who follow his instructions; Fred,McT,Sancho,Elanga,Ronaldo,Lindelof/Varane when they're fit. Half a team. He can't throw academy kids into this situation either so that's likely why.

They will get their rewards in the summer when they're shipped out.
We have half a dozen good young midfielders, why have they not had any minutes if Bruno or whoever has been acting up? And why are we signing the guy to a new deal if that's the case either? Do it next year when he's got a coach he respects. I don't buy it, he's just a shite manager.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You do wonder if its simply a case of Scholes believing everything that Lingz and possibly someone like Rashy tells him.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We have half a dozen good young midfielders, why have they not had any minutes if Bruno or whoever has been acting up? And why are we signing the guy to a new deal if that's the case either? Do it next year when he's got a coach he respects. I don't buy it, he's just a shite manager.
How can you point the finger at Rangnick, when these players gave up on him halfway through his 1st match, and decide from one match to the next whether or not to follow his instructions? I seriously don't get it.

If these players stay, they will 100% do the same to Ten Hag next year too, he will also be a shit manager I'm guessing?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How can you point the finger at Rangnick, when these players gave up on him halfway through his 1st match, and decide from one match to the next whether or not to follow his instructions? I seriously don't get it.

If these players stay, they will 100% do the same to Ten Hag next year too, he will also be a shit manager I'm guessing?
No he's actually not a shit managerial appointment, there will be nowhere to hide.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Scholes hatred for Ralf is so weird. He’s an interim manager. ETH wasn’t available. So what was Scholes’ great idea then? Hire some lesser manager who just so happened to be available? Brilliant.
Maybe he's realised that the golden egg ticket, known as jobs for the boys has finally closed on ex players faces. I'm sure there were plenty of them ready to get into the action but unfortunately for them that golden hen seems to have died so now they don't mind stirring the shit within the club.

Moiraine

The entire squad bar CR7 and DDG (and sancho) needs to be sacked. Fired, kicked out. McTominay, Fred, Telles and Dallot should be given consideration …. As they do put in some effort. Lindelof is a bug question mark.

Pogba, Mata, Cavani, Lingard, Matic are already going out, perfect timing for the new manager. Kicking out Shaw, AWB, Mguire, Rashford, Henderson, Jones are no brainers and are a necessity. If they stay, they will hinder and pollute any possible cleanup at old Trafford.

RedDevilRoshi

I don’t think ETH comes across as someone you’d want to piss off tbh and if any of these prima donnas attempted to, I don’t think they’d have a leg to stand on.

I’m sure he’ll want to stamp his authority from day one that he’s the boss going forward. If any of these imposters don’t want to buy into his philosophy and vision, I’m sure he’s not going to be weak in telling them to unpack their locker and f*** off elsewhere. I’m sure us fans would back him in these big decisions especially after the shit these wage thieves have served up this season.

buchansleftleg

The club under Woodward tried to maintain an image of professionalism and slick commercial decisions, when in reality there have clearly been chaotic decisions, bad organisation and rivalries in the dressing room, Carrington and at the Boardroom level too.

We've had players who tried their best for us get treated badly, while others get cosseted by the club because of their commercial value no matter how badly they perform/behave.

We've also potentially been complicit in hiding some behaviour that has gone on to shame individuals.

Maybe we should have learnt by now that sunshine is the best bleach, to sweep away the cobwebs and filth left by previous regimes, their hangers on and for that reason I want Ralf to continue to excoriate the club until every stone has been upturned.

I suspect the announcement of Pogba being let go will be the start of the avalance of further revelations as players and staff finally see one of the golden calf statues being melted down.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Well I for one would never talk to Scholes about anything private again.

L1nk

Scholes hatred for Ralf is so weird. He’s an interim manager. ETH wasn’t available. So what was Scholes’ great idea then? Hire some lesser manager who just so happened to be available? Brilliant.
I hate how a lot of these pundits like Scholes also keep coming out and saying, why don't we get ETH to come in now instead of the end of the season, why didn't we go and get any manager in the world that we wanted when we sacked Ole, their reasoning being 'We're Manchester United we should be able to go and get any manager we want.' They are completely living in the past and constantly want us and the club to live in it as well because it's all they've known, they'll give ETH a lot of stick too because they wanted Prem Proven Pochettino©

Moriarty

The club under Woodward tried to maintain an image of professionalism and slick commercial decisions, when in reality there have clearly been chaotic decisions, bad organisation and rivalries in the dressing room, Carrington and at the Boardroom level too.
Yep. As my mum used to say, 'all fur coat and no knickers.'

NoLogo

How has there not been a scrap behind the scenes yet? Does no one care that their careers are on the line and their team mates are letting them down? I find it hard to understand why we haven’t seen someone with a black eye yet.
I think one of the reasons why everything went south after the Ronaldo honeymoon period was over could have been a bust up of sorts. If the Ronaldo I saw in the Juve docu is anything like the Ronaldo we got, he ain't shy about trashing his teammates if he thinks they aren't giving 100%. Probably bruised a couple of egos and the subsequently went into sulking mode.

Oldtraffordboy

Still find it odd that many believe there is some kind specific conspiracy with the English players and ex players.

Again, everyone knows the dressing room is a disaster, and with scholes literally saying it out loud and quoting a source it's not really a 'leak"

caid

Managers and players at the club really need to rethink how they approach the likes of Scholes and other former players in future. Passing this information on is a shitty move on Scholes part, just kicks us when were down. Leaking information when things are good really doesn't help us but it feels so much worse when things are bad and were trying to pull our shit together and former players are feeding the sharks. Scholes in particular is a shit pundit and his making his living on gossip mongering and shitting on his former club.
He can be an objective pundit or a club legend but not both. Being biased towards us and a bit of a cheerleader is a requirement of the second.
Has to be the same with the players and others staffs attitude to him and other former players. You cant talk shop with them if they're going to repeat it on tv.

madzo2007

You can be sure that no current player will be talking to Scholes again about what's happening at the club if he's just going to throw them under a bus on TV.

big_jeffstar

How bout time to step up and call them as it is? Acknowledging the problem is the first step.

You'd be fumming if he glossed them up and say it's all rosy

That's the thing though isn't it, they have acknowledged it, repeatedly.. the club have recently gone against the wishes of the players by hiring the next manager who they apparently weren''t keen on. How many more times have we got to hear that the dressing room is toxic?
i'm not suggesting he should say everything is amazing, but there's a time and a place to talk about the dressing room.. is it really when we've just actually played well for the first time in weeks? Arsenal were on the ropes for most of it, save for some very questionable decisions we'd have won that match.. but the focus is now back on problems behind the scenes, because that's where he's diverted the narrative

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
All this noise will vanish once the football under Ten Hag gets going which I'm pretty sure it will.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I remember a time when Ole was talking of a team brimming of United DNA who knew what playing for this club was all about. Meanwhile murtough was talking about how they improved recruitment

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
You can be sure that no current player will be talking to Scholes again about what's happening at the club if he's just going to throw them under a bus on TV.
And I'm very glad. I don't know... how on Earth could he even imagine it's good to mention something like that and name the player, too.

Scholes has been an average pundit.

steffyr2

What’s sad is this didn’t happen over night, it’s been a number of years that it’s infested in this fashion. And we all watched it.

Ole bent over and took it (no offence to Ole that’s his nice guy personality) encouraged it by doing so, and now they all think they’re something special. And willing to blame everyone and anything else than themselves (case in point our captains attitude). When in fact, they’re a joke. That everyone else in the league is laughing at.

Didn’t watch the game yesterday, decided to go out and enjoy the day instead. Thankful I did.
Ole is what the fans wanted after Mourinho. Don't you remember? Mourinho called out the players for bad attitudes and/or play. The fans were offended.

It's a cycle.

Skills

Snitch
Should the dressing room be anything but a disaster considering the fecking state we're in at the moment?

I'd be more concerned if everything was all rosy in there.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Ole is what the fans wanted after Mourinho. Don't you remember? Mourinho called out the players for bad attitudes and/or play. The fans were offended.

It's a cycle.
Yeah. We got that wrong. I mean Jose was an asshole. Who knew all the players were too?

BlueHaze

It's a cycle.
The one he labeled a virus was his own signing so I have little sympathy for him.

Denis79

It's a cycle.
Well now we see the rot ourselves. Mourinho was impossible to like by the end of his tenure but it seems he was right about some things.

Robertd0803

I find it quite amusing that Scholes is such a shit tv personality that he outed his source :lol: If I was in charge at BT he would be gone in the morning simply because he shows how clueless he is as a pundit.

Comical.

m1tch

I think one of the reasons why everything went south after the Ronaldo honeymoon period was over could have been a bust up of sorts. If the Ronaldo I saw in the Juve docu is anything like the Ronaldo we got, he ain't shy about trashing his teammates if he thinks they aren't giving 100%. Probably bruised a couple of egos and the subsequently went into sulking mode.
I can fully imagine Ronaldo losing his shit all the time this season, it must have been the most frustrating experience of his career. I don't suppose the underperformers have taken the chastisings well, they wouldn't know what it takes to get to Ronaldo's level and given the money they're on they no doubt don't respect him that much at all.

In Rainbows

It's a cycle.
Not exactly. It's not like the fans wanted Ole right after Mourinho. They warmed up to him after his great start. In terms of treating the players, fans wanted someone who will not throw the players under the bus to excuse his own faults. For example, one key difference between Ralf and Mou is that Mou would literally name individuals. Remember him saying something like "fans wanted to know why always Lukaku, well now you know." At the time, Rashford and Martial were fairly young and he threw them under the bus for something they had nothing to do with. All because he wanted to feed his own ego (prove he is right to fans). He was never willing to accept fault, and any hint of it would throw even the club's stature to satisfy it.

There's a difference to what fans want out of ETH compared to Mourinho.

steffyr2

The one he labeled a virus was his own signing so I have little sympathy for him.
Is there a rule that once a manager hires a player, he's stuck with them forever?
Not exactly. It's not like the fans wanted Ole right after Mourinho. They warmed up to him after his great start. In terms of treating the players, fans wanted someone who will not throw the players under the bus to excuse his own faults. For example, one key difference between Ralf and Mou is that Mou would literally name individuals. Remember him saying something like "fans wanted to know why always Lukaku, well now you know." At the time, Rashford and Martial were fairly young and he threw them under the bus for something they had nothing to do with. All because he wanted to feed his own ego (prove he is right to fans). He was never willing to accept fault, and any hint of it would throw even the club's stature to satisfy it.

There's a difference to what fans want out of ETH compared to Mourinho.
It was obvious that the players downed tools for Mourinho, and then picked them right back up again once Ole came in. I don't remember a whole lot of concern about that happening...maybe there was?

Interesting how you say Mourinho's behavior was to serve his own ego, rather than it being to keep the team running well. A good example of what I'm pointing out. At the time, there was at lot of chatter on Redcafe about how players were different now, and Mourinho wasn't moving with the times. Well, it seems like the times didn't change, we just had a bad system and bad players who were kept on for 4 more years of bad performances.

It seems like the fans should be a bit less certain in things they believe.

Ahmer Baig

Keeping Lingard when he wanted to leave was a huge mistake. Same with Dean and others. If they want to leave facilitate it because keeping them here on the bench helps no one.
Just like Romero and how he was treated by Ole. He should have been allowed to leave when you don't intend playing him.

nainaisson

Woodward was negotiating with Raiola for Pogba before Mourinho became manager, and every top club wanted Pogba at that time. People forget how much his stock has plummeted since then.

Tee27

I just hope we weed out and get rid of players who are constantly in the media making noise and commenting on how they don’t trust the manager etc.

It shows such a lack of disrespect for the club and they just come across as such divas.

roseguy64

Even if it is a family member, the player involved should be warned, if it happen again you are gone. They always say what goes on in the dressing room, stays in the dressing room. It's been going on for too long.
Who says that?

Anyway, dressing room stuff gets said to family members/friends all the time at every club I would imagine. Would be hard to stop it.

roseguy64

Andy Mitten's been saying all year in UWS that Rashford and Lingard's camps talk to their press contacts and plant stories non stop, so it's not exactly a surprise.

Even Neville, who's mates with Mitten, has called Rashford out publicly for leaking.

Sooner we get the pair of them out the better.
Where did Neville call out Rashford?

Also, how come Mitten said this only in UWS and not in his other work and then no one bringing it up on here?