"The dressing room is just a disaster"

roseguy64

It’s a bit shit of Scholes, it felt like something that just came out rather than planning to say that, and even then, it doesn’t seem like Lingard actually said the words that are making the headline.

Footballers talk to ex teammates and journalists ALL THE TIME. Most of it never comes out.
They do. Mitten himself has said out of respect to everyone he's not shared stuff players have said to him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think one of the reasons why everything went south after the Ronaldo honeymoon period was over could have been a bust up of sorts. If the Ronaldo I saw in the Juve docu is anything like the Ronaldo we got, he ain't shy about trashing his teammates if he thinks they aren't giving 100%. Probably bruised a couple of egos and the subsequently went into sulking mode.
Didn't Ronaldo say in an ITW that some of his teammates aren't interested in his advices ? I think it's safe to say what you said actually happened with certainty

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Some of our ex players are as annoying as our current ones. Sick of both of them and their big but empty words

Caesar2290

Didn't Ronaldo say in an ITW that some of his teammates aren't interested in his advices ? I think it's safe to say what you said actually happened with certainty
He was talking about the younger lads, most likely implying Rashford and Greenwood. I remember him getting a lot of flack at the time. Little did we know that a couple of months later he would be vindicated in his beliefs that they have an attitude problem.

Our academy lads seem to look up to him though: Elanga, Hanibal and the Argentine lad all seem to respect him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You can be sure that no current player will be talking to Scholes again about what's happening at the club if he's just going to throw them under a bus on TV.
Unless that is what Jesse wanted

Real Name

There are 5 games left and nothing left to play for. There's no downside.

Scholes comment will help with the clearout by making it public what the problem in the dressing room is and airing the dirty laundry of the players who are disrespecting the shirt.

It's not throwing shit. It's smoothing the path for EtH's rebuild.
I dont agree at all. Quite the opposite.

Memento28

I think one of the reasons why everything went south after the Ronaldo honeymoon period was over could have been a bust up of sorts. If the Ronaldo I saw in the Juve docu is anything like the Ronaldo we got, he ain't shy about trashing his teammates if he thinks they aren't giving 100%. Probably bruised a couple of egos and the subsequently went into sulking mode.
This makes total sense, Ronaldo and probably Rangnick would have called out some of these players for their performances and attitude and they wouldn't have liked someone asking them to put in their 100% instead of doing just what is minimally required and earning lots of money. This team was doing better when Ole was there and after Ronaldo came things changed a lot in a short span of time, things aren't all well behind the scenes all the way to the top and it shows, looking at all the things that have been happening recently.

MalaysianRed7

Judging by Rashford’s closeness to Lingard and the fact that he simply does not try when he’s substituted on, he’s definitely another leak or at the very least, bad egg. He should go too.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Is the dressing room as much of a disaster as the divided fanbase? Who knows.
I hoped the division would end with ETH's appointment.

We argued between ourselves at length when LVG, Jose and Ole were appointed, but it looks like the fanbase is 100% behind ETH - as good as anyway.

Robbie Boy

I hoped the division would end with ETH's appointment.

We argued between ourselves at length when LVG, Jose and Ole were appointed, but it looks like the fanbase is 100% behind ETH - as good as anyway.
There still appears to be a hell of a-lot of division! Most seem happy with ETH though, which is a positive. Hopefully he can finally unify a very fractured fanbase.

Ahmer Baig

The whole ex player pundit scene is so toxic. Not helping us one bit.
United has the highest number of ex players who are pundits now...most tried to manage teams but failed woefully..but when you hear them speak about managers you would think they’re world class coaches.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Keeping Lingard when he wanted to leave was a huge mistake. Same with Dean and others. If they want to leave facilitate it because keeping them here on the bench helps no one.
Agree. This maintaining the value thing we do for accounting purposes is absolute nonsense and seems to hurt us on the pitch.

BigRon1985

Scholes - deary me........the indiscretion!

Whatever happened to "what's said in the dressing room stays in the dressing room???"

crossy1686

career ending
Keeping Lingard when he wanted to leave was a huge mistake. Same with Dean and others. If they want to leave facilitate it because keeping them here on the bench helps no one.
It is a mistake, they shouldn't be here, but at the same time maybe these players should think twice about signing huge contracts and then not being able to get out when they want to.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
We should fight disasters with disasters. Ten on the Richter scale, seismic reverberations that will remake the landscape of our club, start to play great football, a transformation that will be immortalized in a hagiography for the ages. Let’s open de gates of hell and be rid of our rain of frogs (sorry, Varane).

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm curious as to whether other clubs get the amount of leaks we do. I find it crazy. Obviously not all clubs are going through as bad a time as us so it may be partially circumstantial but do Everton for example have the same shit going on? Was Lampard undermined from the get-go @SilentWitness?

diarm

In much the same way as they say "never meet your heroes", I wish Scholes had never decided to do TV after retiring. He's not particularly good at it and every time I hear him speak, it chips away at the godlike image I had of him as a player and a solid, down to earth, no nonsense pro.

It's never nice to discover your heroes are just a bit thick. Way worse when it's shoved in your face once a week on TV or the papers.

devilish

It’s a bit shit of Scholes, it felt like something that just came out rather than planning to say that, and even then, it doesn’t seem like Lingard actually said the words that are making the headline.

Footballers talk to ex teammates and journalists ALL THE TIME. Most of it never comes out.
Scholes wasn't born yesterday. He had been in the business for decades and under a manager whose authority was so big that he could go toe to toe against the major shareholders of the club and win. I am pretty sure that he know exactly the implications of leaking that information out.

So in my opinion Jesse wanted that information to be leaked and for his name to be mentioned. Which makes sense really. The guy is nearly 30 years old so this is his last pay cheque. He had a great spell at West Ham which was followed by a disastrous return at United. He'll soon be a free agent and he would want clubs out there to know this dip in form is not his fault.

diarm

So in my opinion Jesse wanted that information to be leaked and for his name to be mentioned. Which makes sense really. The guy is nearly 30 years old so this is his last pay cheque. He had a great spell at West Ham which was followed by a disastrous return at United. He'll soon be a free agent and he would want clubs out there to know this dip in form is not his fault.
It's just hit me, reading this paragraph, that Lingard is definitely going to do TV work once he retires isn't he?

That might be the day I give up on watching football. It will be like watching the bastard love child of Jermaine Jenas and fecking Jedward.

devilish

It's just hit me, reading this paragraph, that Lingard is definitely going to do TV work once he retires isn't he?

That might be the day I give up on watching football. It will be like watching the bastard love child of Jermaine Jenas and fecking Jedward.
He probably will but he still have 3-4 good years of football left in him. In my opinion he wanted to make sure to highlight to the world that his dip of form isn't his fault but due to United's mismanagement. However there's lessons to be learnt from this. We've got former players whose now pundits whose got good contacts into the club and who have no issues whatsoever in airing our dirty laundry in public. Maybe its time we stop having this romantic view of our former players/players in the academy and to start judging people from their actions rather then from their words/past achievements

Bondi77

No way Lingard does TV, not unless people are okay reading subtitles!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

Time to take the tv and drown it in the deepest ocean.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm curious as to whether other clubs get the amount of leaks we do. I find it crazy. Obviously not all clubs are going through as bad a time as us so it may be partially circumstantial but do Everton for example have the same shit going on? Was Lampard undermined from the get-go @SilentWitness?
From what I have seen and heard of Lampard so far and his tenure I don’t think it’s as bad. Under Benitez it was notable, particularly with Digne which led to his departure.

dal

Not sure why everyone is angry at Lingard, it’s Scholes who has betrayed his confidence.

Scholes is probably also annoyed at just how superb Liverpool and City are.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not sure why everyone is angry at Lingard, it’s Scholes who has betrayed his confidence.

Scholes is probably also annoyed at just how superb Liverpool and City are.
I get this feeling from the Co92 that they’re always going to be critical of United. If we get to a place where we are playing modern football and winning leagues and cups, they’re still going to be grumpy about it and how compares to their sides under Fergie.