"The dressing room is just a disaster"

BestRed

apparently they spent all week rehearsing a handshake and bruno walked in and missed jesse’s hand completely with the first swing of his arm. ronaldo tried to join in but his hand was described as “wet fish like.” it was like his heart wasn’t even in the handshake. all the while pogba just did a sullen floss as he watched on.
Ah you have to laugh :lol:

Ole'sgunnarwin

No fan of Lingard, I think he's an eejit but I've no problem with him or Scholes saying it. There's too much money, too many egos, too many social media profiles. Ten Hag has an almighty job on his hands.

WPMUFC

If bates is accurate, that is basically a briefing straight from Rangnick to the press. It's way too detailed. Bates is either fan-fiction writing or getting a direct report. Maybe as counter to the scholes comments from Jesse?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This I can believe.

My stance on this is: Listen to Ralf Rangnick. Hope the board and ETH do. While of course ETH and his vision/style have to take precedence, the players who don't wish to bleed and develop for the door need to be shown the door.
I wonder how the board feel about Rangnick's recent comments to the press. Do you think they're happy for him to expose the squad, or has he gone rogue doing it against their will?

I hope they're fully behind him, and ETH too, but I have this nagging feeling they aren't, and he might be looking at the sack. He's speaking so openly about the problems within the squad - it's almost as if he's got nothing to lose.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wonder how the board feel about Rangnick's recent comments to the press. Do you think they're happy for Ralf to expose the squad the way he has been or has he gone rogue? I hope they're behind him fully, ETH too, but I have this feeling they aren't, and he might be looking at the sack.

I wonder how the board feel about Rangnick's recent comments to the press. Do you think they're happy for him to expose the squad, or has he gone rogue doing it against their will?

I hope they're fully behind him, and ETH too, but I have this nagging feeling they aren't, and he might be looking at the sack. He's speaking so openly about the problems within the squad - it's almost as if he's got nothing to lose.
That's my worry as well, thay his honesty won't sit well with the higher ups. Would be great if they're aligned with his views.

clarkydaz

How has there not been a scrap behind the scenes yet? Does no one care that their careers are on the line and their team mates are letting them down? I find it hard to understand why we haven’t seen someone with a black eye yet.
With this generation their PR teams throw punches for them. They are too used to a member of staff making it all go away

90 + 5min

You get the feeling some serious shit is going to be thrown any time now.

It feel that way. Like vulcano. Pressure is building. Little outbursts but the major one is on way? I hope Rangnick give out names, although it is pretty clear who they might be.

lsd

The Oracle
Unfortunately this club is a bit of a joke right now.

We have:
  • players leaking and briefing the press anonymously - on any given week pick a couple out of Pogba, Lingard, Maguire, Rashford, Henderson (and probably Greenwood when he was relevant).
  • players not working for the team when on the field - look at Rashford/Lingards cameos in the last few games when we're chasing the game. They come on with 20 mins to go and they're not tracking back, and just jogging around. Also, Rashford in head down "I'm going to beat everyone and am not interesting in passing, especially not to Ronaldo".
  • players (or their agents) briefing the press about considering options, wanting to leave, etc
This club is Manchester United and the club is bigger than the player. Noone has a god-given right to wear the shirt, and every player should expect competition to arrive at any time for their position, be it from the academy or from new signings. Players expecting to play just because are just deluded. Players getting upset because they're being told they're not playing well - by now they should have grown a spine.

At lot of this I feel is just desserts by United. If you look at all the above statements and think back over the last three years, Pogba has been doing all of the above consistently over that time. I feel to some degree what has happened is that the rest of the team has seem Pogba as a role model in that regard. The main thing is that Pogba has done all of the above AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. At no point has United actually clamped down on it, so Pogba keeps doing it, but also the other team mates if they're unhappy just do the same.

In the days of Fergie and Keane there is no way this would have happened. If players were doing this more than once they'd be for the hairdryer and if they did it again they'd be sold. We are pampering these players.

If you are unhappy you're not playing, put a shift in, get fitter, show in training that you deserve the shirt. All this millennial crap is just tosh. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - you're just a lazy bastard who when you get on the field jog around like you're in a testimonial and you regularly get outperformed by you're opposite number in the Norwich squad.

You could have just posted you hate Pogba

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Loving Scholes the person instead of Scholes the player is Jesse Lingard levels of immaturity.

He’s United’s version of Steve Nichol since hanging up his boots. I don’t know why anyone has any time for him. He has zero tactical input, doesn’t actually converse so much as chirp up with nonsensical sound bites and is generally just there to talk reckless and generate content for a tv company. The lad is garbage.

My favourite ever United player. Porting that love and admiration onto his post football career would be juvenile.

Denis79

It feel that way. Like vulcano. Pressure is building. Little outbursts but the major one is on way? I hope Rangnick give out names, although it is pretty clear who they might be.
Who do you think they might be?

Withnail

Loving Scholes the person instead of Scholes the player is Jesse Lingard levels of immaturity.

He’s United’s version of Steve Nichol since hanging up his boots. I don’t know why anyone has any time for him. He has zero tactical input, doesn’t actually converse so much as chirp up with nonsensical sound bites and is generally just there to talk reckless and generate content for a tv company. The lad is garbage.

My favourite ever United player. Porting that love and admiration onto his post football career would be juvenile.
I'm not sure anyone is talking up his skills as a pundit, are they?

SouthPredators4

I hope it's releases who these players are.

He doesn't have to name the perpetrators. Just drop them from the match day squads or banished them to train with the youth teams. In such times, he need to send a strong statement not just for himself but also ETH. FFS, the remaining games are meaningless and our young players are more than capable of making a similar impact.

fergieisold

What are you talking about - he's been spot on plenty of times with his assessment of the situation at United. One of the best bits of commentary this season was on BT Sport after we came back to win the CL game before we got beat by Liverpool.

Maticmaker

Really makes you wonder what we brought Rangnick in for if he couldn't lift the dressing room
Probably to bury it, instead!!

'Consultancy poisoning ' use to be a term heard in industry quite a lot, especially after mergers/takeovers when bodies surplus to requirements had to be shed and consultants were let loose among the workforce.

The standard response was to blame the consultant, e.g. "you are being let go on the advice of the consultant".... who by now had disappeared over the hill with their fee!

90 + 5min

Who do you think they might be?
I would guess that next step is players going at eachother in media. Blaming eachother with names. To save themself from criticism and point at others. This is becoming circus and everyone is laughing at the mess. Poor club.

Read you question wrong. Well, few have been mentioned. I guess it can be few more.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is it? You could name almost any player in our squad as a trouble maker apart from maybe Mata, De Gea, Fred and it wouldn't really surprise me. But equally almost any of them could be the "good guys" as well. They're just a baffling bunch.

Denis79

He doesn't have to name the perpetrators. Just drop them from the match day squads or banished them to train with the youth teams. In such times, he need to send a strong statement not just for himself but also ETH. FFS, the remaining games are meaningless and our young players are more than capable of making a similar impact.
I agree, if things truly are as they seem, that our players are intentionally downing their tools, disregarding manager instructions etc. They should all be benched and as quickly as possible sold. I have never disliked any group of players as much as these. I can't stand them anymore, they are destroying the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not sure that punch-ups are really desirable, but if these players are as passive in the dressing room as they are on the pitch, then after a defeat like yesterday I imagine they all just sit in the corner and sulk a bit (maybe while Lingard dances).
:lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Always surprises me how ex players are falling over themselves to make the clubs situation worse, this sort of stuff never happened with scouse pundits when Liverpool were finishing 8th.. it sometimes feels like they’re lining up to tear strips off the club, They’re clearly trying to change things.. why are they always so desperate to make negative headlines? How about protect the players a little in until the end of the season? We outplayed Arsenal today and were unlucky to come away with a loss due to numerous terrible reffing decisions.. “I know, I’ll talk about how bad the dressing room is…”
wtf?
How bout time to step up and call them as it is? Acknowledging the problem is the first step.

You'd be fumming if he glossed them up and say it's all rosy

Denis79

I would guess that next step is players going at eachother in media. Blaming eachother with names. To save themself from criticism and point at others. This is becoming circus and everyone is laughing at the mess. Poor club.

Read you question wrong. Well, few have been mentioned. I guess it can be few more.
Well I guess I hope this blows up before ETH gets here. I rather it all came to light now so it can be remedied in some way. Complete clear-out would be my first choice but I know that won't happen.

GazTheLegend

What are you talking about - he's been spot on plenty of times with his assessment of the situation at United. One of the best bits of commentary this season was on BT Sport after we came back to win the CL game before we got beat by Liverpool.
Agreed. Remember thinking at the time "Scholes is talking nonsense there's no way Solskjaer sets up the same way as he did vs Villarreal, we were utterly stomped first half.". Solskjaer sets up the same way, we get obliterated, and Scholes frightening prediction comes true.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Potential new players will be seeing this and running a mile.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'm sure it's true but the players look lost out there half the time, for me that's on the coach just as much as the players. Maybe they can't take instructions well but it's actually your job to make them Ralf - if they don't understand you say it again in different ways until they do, and if they do understand but ignore it then you drop them, fine them, whatever. He hasn't done any of that seemingly so has no right to complain. Played the same old shit week after week with baffling tactics. I have no doubt it's not an easy job but there's almost nothing he's done well.
What you're saying is simply not true. You're rewriting history.

It's bigger than not following instructions. They're physically incapable of playing his way at all. They played his way and were exhausted after 45 minutes vs Palace on his 1st match. So he changed to a 4222 but again it was a calamity physically. So he's had to revert back to Ole's tactics just to get through to the end. But ever since we went out of CL, the team has been on their holidays and couldn't care less anymore.

Vs Liverpool we worked on a gameplan, then the players decide to just change it by themselves. It was blatant.

You're acting like he hasn't told them all to take inspiration from the academy players attitude (Elanga). That should be embarrassing for them, but they have zero self pride to care.

He has literally tried every trick in the book, but what can be done if you're falling on deaf ears?

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What you're saying is simply not true. You're rewriting history. He has literally tried every trick in the book, but what can be done if the players decide to change game plan by themselves and you're falling on deaf ears?
Why do you think it will be any different under Ten Hag then?

LordSpud

That's my worry as well, thay his honesty won't sit well with the higher ups. Would be great if they're aligned with his views.
Isnt all this the reason why many speculated we didnt go for Conte? Due to the fact that he would talk out like this? I think Ralf has gone rogue but we shall see. I say this though - if he doesn't stay it means the club is resigned to not bother fixing the issues hes highlighted and that basically means the club ain't ever getting back to the top.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

My feelings exactly. We all know the club doesn't like their dirty linen being aired in public. Ralf has come out a few times before with snippets of unrest like the Martial/Lingard comments of them being unavailable. Especially the Lingard one where it basically emerged that Murtough was making decisions like giving players time off without consulting the manager.

Lately though Ralfs comments haven't stopped appearing and everything points to the club being an under shambles from top to bottom. It's refreshing for the supporters that finally someone is telling it how it is but I doubt the club see it that way.

If at the end of the season Ralf is let go then we're just shooting ourselves in the foot. The club could save years if they took his experience on board. I know who I'd trust over Ralf or Murtough to get us back in the running again and it ain't the latter.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Why do you think it will be any different under Ten Hag then?
Because hopefully the players not prepared to put in the effort won't be around for too long after ETH comes in and previously undroppable players will have to shape up or ship out.

Smithy89

You get the feeling some serious shit is going to be thrown any time now.

From watching how we play, the back 4 for sure, potentially Bruno and his headless chicken style, good money on rashford and potentially Pogba.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

It's bigger than not following instructions. They're physically incapable of playing his way at all. They played his way and were exhausted after 45 minutes vs Palace on his 1st match. So he changed to a 4222 but again it was a calamity physically. So he's had to revert back to Ole's tactics just to get through to the end. But ever since we went out of CL, the team has been on their holidays and couldn't care less anymore.

Vs Liverpool we worked on a gameplan, then the players decide to just change it by themselves. It was blatant.

He has literally tried every trick in the book, but what can be done if you're falling on deaf ears?

You're acting like he hasn't told them all to take inspiration from the academy players attitude (Elanga). That should be embarrassing for them, but they have zero self pride to care.
No I'm acting like a manager should discipline players if they're being dickheads, not just sit quietly and then whine to the press about them. No rewriting, he simply hasn't disciplined them and I won't second guess his reasons for that but it's just a fact.

Ted Lasso

I'm really at a loss for why posters keep backing these players.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It was a monumentally dumb thing to do, to block Lingard's loan to Newcastle. Rangnick had ok'd it, the player wanted out, he isn't needed in the slightest, and Newcastle would have paid have vastly more money than a 6 months loan of an out of favour Lingard could eve have warranted.

Both the club and many posters were posturing over some completely insane staying up bonus. Now the club has to suffer the consequences. @golden_blunder called it.

stepic

Scholes hatred for Ralf is so weird. He’s an interim manager. ETH wasn’t available. So what was Scholes’ great idea then? Hire some lesser manager who just so happened to be available? Brilliant.

phelans shorts

It was a monumentally dumb thing to do, to block Lingard's loan to Newcastle. Rangnick had ok'd it, the player wanted out, he isn't needed in the slightest, and Newcastle would have paid have vastly more money than a 6 months loan of an out of favour Lingard could eve have warranted.

Now the club has to suffer the consequences. @golden_blunder called it.
But he has played in that time due to necessity. We needed to do something to keep the personnel levels at a bare minimum when Greenwood was gone.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No I'm acting like a manager should discipline players if they're being dickheads, not just sit quietly and then whine to the press about them. No rewriting, he simply hasn't disciplined them and I won't second guess his reasons for that but it's just a fact.
If he starts disciplining and dropping them, we won't have a team left.

The players who follow his instructions; Fred,McT,Sancho,Elanga,Ronaldo,Dalot,Lindelof/Varane when they're fit. Half a team. He can't throw academy kids into this situation either so that's likely why.

They will get their rewards in the summer when they're shipped out.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
But he has played in that time due to necessity. We needed to do something to keep the personnel levels at a bare minimum when Greenwood was gone.
How much has he played? One and a half games, all of them lost? As if Rangnick couldn't have found some other body to put in there.