The elephant in the room….. could this club face a relegation battle in the 22/23 season?

Born2Lose

Isn't it amazing how fast things change when players start pulling their weight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Almost at 40 points. Will be close

Atheist

We’re at the 38 point mark, but I still think we might need a win or two to be safe.

Tony247

I think we are safe given usually 35 points and above stay up. Job well done ETH.

GazTheLegend

That magic 40 point mark is pretty close by now but being honest it's usually even less than that and you're safe so I'm fairly confident.

Hopefully Rashfords form will start to improve too

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It’s between us and Wolves. Let’s hope for the best but I reckon we’ll set records alight in the Championship. All’s not lost!

whitbyviking

The bedwetters in this thread should all volunteer to parade around the pitch at old trafford in dunces caps

Redlyn

Were are so lucky the bottom 2 are so poor so 40 pts might be enough for us to scrape through this season.

VivaRonaldo85

The hindsight brigade are out in force.

I’m delighted how the season has turned around and the manager has done a tremendous job particularly with the players signed after the thread was created. When this thread was created, this club was in its lowest ebb in decades so it was a perfectly reasonable question at the time, however unlikely it may have been in reality. Sorry to the after timers in the thread ;-)

dave2528

I mean, normally I'd hate that thread was brought back from the dead. Twice.

Considering the season we had just prior, this was a valid concern.

It speaks volumes about ETH, his staff, his philosophy, the mentality that he demands...

We're not stuck in 10th or 11th alongside Chelski. We just ran Citeh off the pitch. We deserved that result and looked the better side for the majority of the match, and we're not a drastically different team, personnel wise, than what we stunk out loud with last season.

TheReligion

Abusive

I’m delighted how the season has turned around and the manager has done a tremendous job particularly with the players signed after the thread was created. When this thread was created, this club was in its lowest ebb in decades so it was a perfectly reasonable question at the time, however unlikely it may have been in reality. Sorry to the after timers in the thread ;-)
It wasn’t at its lowest ebb in decades at all.

Anyway I’m glad to keep seeing it bumped and you to keep getting pelted for it (in a nice way!)

GGMU!

AndySmith1990

Wonder if those smug types who, with the benefit of hindsight, enjoy going back in time to ridicule others, realise how insufferable they are?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This thread is worse than my “why all the moaning we’re only 7 games in” thread :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atheist

Wait, are people seriously suggesting that it was reasonable to suggest we would be struggling to get 38 points in a season, after 2 games in?

RedIan

What it does show is how far we have progressed since the woeful first 2 games when we were re soundly thrashed by average teams . Morale was at a very low ebb and we looked a real mess And were a laughing stock.
Huge credit to ETH for sorting the then shower out into a very good team. Casamiro been a massive steadying influence. Martinez and Malacias positivity infectious.

Enjoy today, look only forwards.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't venture in here often but wow...

Mmxxii

Wait, are people seriously suggesting that it was reasonable to suggest we would be struggling to get 38 points in a season, after 2 games in?
I think the "reasoning" is the form from the end of last season coupled with the 2 defeats at the start of this season suggested the club could be mired in a relegation fight.

For me, last season was an aberration and not indicative of where the club is: we finished 2nd, 6th, 3rd and 2nd in the prior 4 seasons which suggests we're at least a top 4 (even 3) side.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
its very very unlikely. But not beyond impossible which is very depressing

I would not be surprised at all if no more signings arrive. I think we could be in for our lowest finish since the 80's
Dope

Worth pointing out, since you felt the need to add the bolded in your attempt to defend this thread, that we just beat the champions with 8 pre-Ten-Hag players starting and starring (and naturally, 2 of the other 3 played against Brighton and Brentford too).

This thread attracted the "it's the players not the manager" / "this lot will toss YET ANOTHER MANAGER under the bus!" / "Ralf was right" crowd in droves when it was made. The longer the season goes on, the stupider their arguments look!

stevoc

Worth pointing out, since you felt the need to add the bolded in your attempt to defend this thread, that we just beat the champions with 8 pre-Ten-Hag players starting and starring (and naturally, 2 of the other 3 played against Brighton and Brentford too).

This thread attracted the "it's the players not the manager" / "this lot will toss YET ANOTHER MANAGER under the bus!" / "Ralf was right" crowd in droves when it was made. The longer the season goes on, the stupider their arguments look!
Yep it's looking that way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

They're really not.
It was an utterly stupid thread even after the first 2 defeats.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
27 points in the last 22 PL games from January 1st. What’s that? Bottom 6 form? Not far off relegation form?

Of course people will say, “we’re only two games into the season, stop over reacting.” But I look at this as a long term endemic issue riddled throughout this squad of players.

The lack of first XI quality, the lack of squad depth, the abundance of overhyped/overrated players, the volume of poor signings, and a weak decrepit mentality throughout.

If we wake up on 1st September post transfer window with this squad, or something very similar, are we sleep walking into something more sinister than ‘not finishing in the top 6’?
Well well well…..

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The elephant hasn't only left the room, it's been beaten, whipped, bled dry, had it's corpse burnt and thrown into a volcano and had the door shut behind it.