Television The end of Neighbours

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The end of this long running show at the end of the month. A show I grew up with. Remember really fancying Kylie even though I was still at primary school. i haven’t see it much over the last 20 years but happened to catch 10 mins off it yesterday

Some big characters making comebacks for the end episodes

scott (Jason Donovan)
Charlene (Kylie)
Mike (Guy Pearce)
Des Clarke
Shane Ramsey (Peter O’Brien)
Jane
Joe Mangle (Mark Little)
Mal Kennedy

goodbye Neighbour, being there for one another and leaving your back door open for people to pop in. Goodbye 20 minute show after school

Last edited:

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Yeah, its definitely the end of an era. I haven't watched it in years, but its still weird to think it won't be on anymore. Like Eastenders, or Corrie, theres somethings you always just think will be there. Kinda bringing back memories of Brookside shutting up shop.

Poor Toadie, he's been in that show since I was in primary school :lol:. Would never have thought Billy Kennedys fat ugly trouble making side kick would make it on his own, but 2 decades later he's a staple of the show.

Whats weird to me is that the inferior home and away is still on the air. Who are they boffing???

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Never seen an episode. Not that big a story here given Kylie and Guy returned surprisingly.

Dante

Average bang
I'll always remember it as a show I used to watch with my mum. 5:35 every weekday after the kids shows ended.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
My mum hasn't missed an episode since its inception. Expecting some tears when it goes off the air. Curious to see how she will fill the Neighbours-shaped hole in her life. Probably with something shite.

Pretty cool that Pearce has returned.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'll always remember it as a show I used to watch with my mum. 5:35 every weekday after the kids shows ended.
Then 6pm for Home and Away. Good times.

Haven’t seen the show since it went off BBC1 though

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I watched it a lot when I was a kid I was mad into it. I even remember collecting neighbours cards….. Wtf was wrong with me?

Will Harold and Madge be coming back for the last show?

GueRed

I havent watched it for a good 25 years or so.

There have been some top aussie totty down the years

i remember having crushes on Kylie, Natalie Imbruglia, Analise, her sister and that brunette english bird in the late 90's whose name escapes me. susan keneddy was a bit of a milf too from what i can remember

Withnail

I havent watched it for a good 25 years or so.

There have been some top aussie totty down the years

i remember having crushes on Kylie, Natalie Imbruglia, Analise, her sister and that brunette english bird in the late 90's whose name escapes me. susan keneddy was a bit of a milf too from what i can remember
Yes to all of that but yeah haven't watched it in an age.

Used to be part of everybody's after school TV schedule. Wasn't it Fresh Prince, Neighbours, Simpsons then parents would make you watch the news before Hollyoaks at 7?

They had some cracking girls on there over the years too, probably best of all being Holly Valance.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I watched it a lot when I was a kid I was mad into it. I even remember collecting neighbours cards….. Wtf was wrong with me?

Will Harold and Madge be coming back for the last show?
Madge character is brown bread. I think the actress might be too.
Harold is already back

Bertie Wooster

I've never seen an episode of any of the British soaps, but I did use to watch Neighbours for a good few years when I was younger. Around the time the Kennedy's arrived (and they're still on there!)

I haven't watched it in years but tuned in for a few episodes out of nostalgia when I heard it was ending. It looked pretty awful nowadays. Although whether that's because I'm completely out of the loop with the characters and storylines, or just not the type of audience they're aiming at nowadays I don't know. Maybe a mix of both. But it made me feel less 'nostalgic' about it ending as, if that's the Neighbours were saying goodbye to, then it felt little like the one I remembered.

madzo2007

Used to watch it all the time just because it was on. Never seen an episode when it went to Channel 5

Always remember Marlene went off on a cruise and never returned.

GueRed

Used to be part of everybody's after school TV schedule. Wasn't it Fresh Prince, Neighbours, Simpsons then parents would make you watch the news before Hollyoaks at 7?

They had some cracking girls on there over the years too, probably best of all being Holly Valance.
shame she's Tory

RedDevilRoshi

Nah, Margot Robbie for me :drool:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This has made my Mum quite sad to be honest. She's essentially housebound due to her cancer at the moment and it's one of the highlights of her day. She's always liked other soaps and dramas but this one has been her favourite for years.

Chief123

Yeah, its definitely the end of an era. I haven't watched it in years, but its still weird to think it won't be on anymore. Like Eastenders, or Corrie, theres somethings you always just think will be there. Kinda bringing back memories of Brookside shutting up shop.

Poor Toadie, he's been in that show since I was in primary school :lol:. Would never have thought Billy Kennedys fat ugly trouble making side kick would make it on his own, but 2 decades later he's a staple of the show.

Whats weird to me is that the inferior home and away is still on the air. Who are they boffing???
Holy shit is Toadie still in it?

Was there anyone who didn’t have a crush on Holly Valance?

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Was gutted last night, really thought it was going to be the biggest bam up on earth when they all decided to stay (apart from Chloe) and say next week on neighbours, but wasn’t to be…….

Hopefully Paul plants a bomb on summer bay in revenge,

Wonder why Lou didn’t comeback for back?

Bondi77

Kylie, Margot, Holly, Delta, Natalie.......Has a TV show ever had so many sorts!