Television The End Of The F***ing World (Netflix)

Indnyc

I loved this.. Such a binge worthy series.. I’m still undecided how I feel about the ending though

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Watched the first two episodes last night, although I didn't realise I had, got distracted at the end of the first episode and missed that it finished and the second one had begun. It's... still getting into gear I think.

Norris

I really loved this. Such layered dark comedy. The chemistry between the two lead roles were brilliant as well. Not sure how I'd feel about a second season though, but considering some of the loose ends, I wouldn't mind a one off episode.

Zebs

This was fantastic and it drives me nuts that so many people are like "ah I don't have time for tv shows", this one is literally the same length as a feature film.

Must-see tv.

Blind

I think the first few episodes get too caught up in the awkwardness and oddity of the two leads, but after that it develops into a really interesting, layered story. I also don't want a second series, it's perfectly contained in those 8 episodes.

Zebs

I think the first few episodes get too caught up in the awkwardness and oddity of the two leads, but after that it develops into a really interesting, layered story. I also don't want a second series, it's perfectly contained in those 8 episodes.
Definitely. Why risk a drop in quality

Number1

It was ok, not as great as everyone is making out, got better towards the end.

There's no fondness there towards any of the lead characters to make me what to see a season 2 and think they ended season 1 (and the show in general) perfectly at the end.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I liked this a lot. I suppose having some level of familiarity with existential nihilism will help you view this one in a favourable light. I also really liked the dynamic between the two leads, it felt sincere.

Bet it didn't take you half as long as it took me to work out where I'd seen the blonde lezzer cop before. I decided I'd test my brain, instead of looking her up. Took me four full flipping episodes for the penny to drop.

Agree with people about it getting better as the season goes on. I think that's because it takes you a few episodes to care about the protagonists. At the beginning they're such cold fish you don't give a shit about them, which makes it hard to get invested in their story.
I struggled for probably two or three episodes myself, trying to place her! She looks different in a normal world setting. The guy I just knew I had seen before, would've never in a million years been able to place him in the Black Mirror episode.

Flamingo Purple

The wrong skeptic
Really loved this, one of the most touching things I've watched. Both character's really develop as the story goes on so I'd definitely say watch further than the first two episodes.

luke511

Really loved this, one of the most touching things I've watched. Both character's really develop as the story goes on so I'd definitely say watch further than the first two episodes.
Yeah the characters start off as quite irritating but as the story develops it really grows on you.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Watched this a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it.

Netflix fecked me over though and instead of 'playing next episode' it was 'playing next most popular episode'

So I started on episode 7, then watched half of 6 before I worked out what was going off. Still enjoyed it.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Second season out in November.

Raw

Anyone else watched this yet?

season 2 is great, just finished it.
5 episodes in, it's brilliant so far. I was worried season 2 wouldn't capture what made season 1 so good but it's done pretty well in that regard.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
5 episodes in, it's brilliant so far. I was worried season 2 wouldn't capture what made season 1 so good but it's done pretty well in that regard.
Yeah, I love it. I love how it’s really ambiguous as to where it’s set and what year it is. Really original in all senses.

NinjaFletch

I think it's pretty disappointing.

As we all feared it doesn't feel like they really had a story to tell and it's sort of just meandering along repeating a lot of the same plot points that it had already covered better in the first season. Might have redeemed it at the end of episode 7 and then bottled it.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Binged it these last few days. Fecking amazing. Kinda sad it's over in fact

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Loved the first season was solid 8/10 for me but found this utterly pointless. Not a single story arc worked for me, whatsoever.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I liked it but I was disappointed with Alyssa's character development who two years on is still a moody teenager whereas James has gone through a lot of development.

It has become more and more Lynchian, though without the weird dream sequences from Twin Peaks.

I hope the third season brings more development to Alyssa's character.

OohAahMartial

I'm in the UK, and previously watched Season 1, but Season 2 isn't showing for me yet, you guys watching this from a different country, or anyone from the UK here?

caid

I loved the music, great soundtrack. Show was enjoyable. Definitely meandered a bit but it felt kind of intentional and suitable all the same.

Andersons Dietician

Binged it yesterday, loved it. Maybe not as good as the first season but it was still really good. I just love the delivery of the lines and Jessica Barden I think it is. She is awesome.

Was distracted by James transformation in to John Hannah’s lookalike a bit as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Binged it all last night. Decent, not as good as the first season but it wasn't bad.