Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

nimic

something nice
Scout
Please explain the graphics
You picked Exploration as your third idea group. You need exploration to be able to recruit an explorer (a type of admiral), so you can actually find the new world. Basically you have to sail through what would amount to the fog of war in other games, and only explorers can do that. You'll also get a colonist from that group, but you actually already have a colonist from the extra one I gave most of you.

I. e. you're about to be neighbours with @Organic Potatoes.

Abizzz

You lost three provinces in the struggle. Now you're at war Bayreuth though. I'm afraid the end is about to come for @Dan. The Brandenburgers are back, and again he's at war with three big countries. I haven't the faintest idea how Brandenburg managed to ally all of @Abizzz, @Andycoleno9 and @KirkDuyt. Dan's trade league is fighting back, but that basically amounts to 7 tiny countries. I wonder if they'll all get gobbled up in the process.
Hopefully the electors notice @adexkola's devious ways soon and the next emperor forces him to return them :cool: . Will gladly swallow Bayreuth during the truce though.

Edit: Thanks for the update!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Hang on, now @BD is doing it? I think he must have bought the maps of that from Organic Potatoes or something. He doesn't have anything else. Hopefully the explorers are a bit hesitant to sell their knowledge of the new world, or me giving everyone a colonist is going to make it... busy.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Hang on, now @BD is doing it? I think he must have bought the maps of that from Organic Potatoes or something. He doesn't have anything else. Hopefully the explorers are a bit hesitant to sell their knowledge of the new world, or me giving everyone a colonist is going to make it... busy.

I never wanted a colonist, take him back!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
OP is OP. Should have been ireland only the wee prick

Abizzz

Once your neighbor knows you automatically know x years afterwards (think it's 25) their neighbors x years after that... and so on.

Abizzz

Actually all of Western Europe knows about the West coast of Africa (but not to the Gold Coast), so that explains that. I guess it makes sense.
From memory you know until about the height of about the azores if I remember it correctly (right at the start). But if everyone's going there no one will get a huge advantage from it anyway.

hobbers

This is definitely streamworthy content. Beats geoguesser.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Cool, if there's a new one, I'm in.
If we're lucky I'm re-inspiring people to do these kinds of things, if so there's definitely going to be similar stuff. SilentWitness talked about Crusader Kings for example, then there's Stellaris. I mean hell, maybe Imperator: Rome. Lots of games out there to do these in.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Feels so wrong to be cheering on the fact that my country has discovered colonialism. But I'll take it

Phil Jones Face

If we're lucky I'm re-inspiring people to do these kinds of things, if so there's definitely going to be similar stuff. SilentWitness talked about Crusader Kings for example, then there's Stellaris. I mean hell, maybe Imperator: Rome. Lots of games out there to do these in.
Imperator Rome? I don't think people are that desperate. :lol:

Organic Potatoes is in a good spot having found the West Indies. The caribbean is one of the best areas to colonise because of all the trade that you can steer.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Imperator Rome? I don't think people are that desperate. :lol:

Organic Potatoes is in a good spot having found the West Indies. The caribbean is one of the best areas to colonise because of all the trade that you can steer.
Rome is actually a good game now, but it came way too late so died. Anyway they wouldn't have to play it :smirk:

Can you explain trade steering to the class? :D

Phil Jones Face

Rome is actually a good game now, but it came way too late so died. Anyway they wouldn't have to play it :smirk:

Can you explain trade steering to the class? :D
I've picked up Imperator 3 or 4 times since it came out and barely played more than 10 mins each time. Give it another 10 years worth of patches.

Its too early in the morning for technical explanations.. caribbean = strong should be enough for now!

BTW are you using skanderbeg to compile your stats? It might make it quicker for you to see at a glance the raw data