Television The Expanse (TV Show)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Accumulating as many eps as possible before I give it a watch, huge and expansive stories like these are best watched in one or two sittings.

Read most of the books so I know what is coming for the most of the time, so I can manage to wait.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I have read the book and started Season 1. Currently six episodes in. I really don't see how they fit everything that is remaining in the next 4 episodes.

So my question is to people who have read the books and completed season 1, does season 1 end where Leviathan Wakes (Book 1) ends?

SwansonsTache

I have read the book and started Season 1. Currently six episodes in. I really don't see how they fit everything that is remaining in the next 4 episodes.

So my question is to people who have read the books and completed season 1, does season 1 end where Leviathan Wakes (Book 1) ends?
Been too long since I read the books (I've read about 4 I think) so I can't remember.

The way I see it they will focus on book 1 and 2 in the series with focus on the relationship between Earth \ Mars and the Belt.

I'd love for this to go on for some seasons and (book spoilers but not series spoiler) -

The detective get fully integrated with the virus thing, Jim Holden to enter the cube construct and the wormholes that takes them to other habitable planets open. They'll need a fair few seasons for this though if they don't absolutely butcher the books, since it is a huge story.

Revan

Assumptionman

The first season finishes around 2/3 of the story of the first book.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The first season finishes around 2/3 of the story of the first book.
I was a little irritated at how it finished, felt frustrated that I saw 10 episodes of these guys getting free and then...the series is over, with a million completely unresolved questions.
That was their strategy for sure, but still frustrating.

Revan

Assumptionman
Caught up with the second season. They haven't made Drapper cool enough, big enough or intimidating enough. Otherwise, I found this season very enjoyable.

Avasarela continuing being my favorite character and stealing the show.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
In the US, is there any way to watch the second season without having to go through sites that I would have to report to the authorities (as I of course always do)?

SwansonsTache

Best Scifi series in many many years. Was a bit confusing in the first season with trying to establish all the players and storylines, but has picked it up immensely in S2.

There is book material enough for a lot of seasons if they decide to play out the whole story arch.

Revan

Assumptionman
Best Scifi series in many many years. Was a bit confusing in the first season with trying to establish all the players and storylines, but has picked it up immensely in S2.

There is book material enough for a lot of seasons if they decide to play out the whole story arch.
I think that books 3 and 4 can/will totally be skipped considering that they are totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. So, season 3 covering the events of books 5 and 6, leaving 2-3 seasons for the final 3 books.

There is enough material there to make 5-6 seasons, and there is no need to get longer than that.

Agree that it is one of the best sci-fi. Probably the best since Battlestar Galactica.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I haven't even started it yet.
Downloaded the pilot of Oasis yesterday, so may try that first.

slir32

I just started watching this show again not bad so far up to episode 4 does it get better?

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
It does. And the second season is brilliant thus far so it's worth sticking through.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
I think that books 3 and 4 can/will totally be skipped considering that they are totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. So, season 3 covering the events of books 5 and 6, leaving 2-3 seasons for the final 3 books.

There is enough material there to make 5-6 seasons, and there is no need to get longer than that.

Agree that it is one of the best sci-fi. Probably the best since Battlestar Galactica.
Finished episode 8 of season 2 and it does seem like they are going to skip book 3 and 4 completely.

Roosney

Halfway through the first season, so far it's been quite good.
Actually the first scene got me hooked right away.

Fortunately the overacting occurred only in the first episode and the annoying "let's introduce this thing/occurrence with some shouting and over-eagerness so that everybody knows something important is happening" stopped soon as well.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I enjoyed the second season. However, Holden was really starting to annoy me at times in the last 3 or 4 episodes and
I think Miller is really missed. He tied it all together for me in the first series, and Thomas Jane is a better actor than any of the other Roci crew.

Loublaze

ATLien
Im watching the finale of season 2 right now and i've binged it in two weeks. Great show! I love the multiracial cast, the political intrigue and the pacing of the story. I didn't think i'd find it more enjoyable than Altered carbon.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Im watching the finale of season 2 right now and i've binged it in two weeks. Great show! I love the multiracial cast, the political intrigue and the pacing of the story. I didn't think i'd find it more enjoyable than Altered carbon.
Bro I thought you were posting to say its back on. Slightly deflated now :(

Stactix

Been binge reading the books, loving them so far. Up to book 6.
First episode was episode of s3 was good. Tempted to rewatch the first two.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
People really need to read the spoiler policy. I have just deleted a number of posts containing source material from the books.

Specifically,

- any and all information from the original source material e.g. book or graphic novel must be in a separate thread. This sort of material must never be posted in a thread about the TV version, even if spoilered, and failure to comply will result in an infraction.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/spoiler-policy-updated-03-06-2016.350710/

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Great show. Season 3's been going strong so far, just wish it was Netflix or Amazon production so I could watch it all right away instead of waiting every week for another episode.

Oaencha

Great show. Season 3's been going strong so far, just wish it was Netflix or Amazon production so I could watch it all right away instead of waiting every week for another episode.
I didn’t know S3 had been released. It’s a Netflix original, isn’t it? How come it’s not on there?