Television The Expanse (TV Show)

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Cool video from behind the scenes. Fans the show may enjoy seeing the actors interact with each other.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What a show! I've just finished season 3 so wanted to stay out of this thread to avoid spoilers.

Quite surprised the show seems relatively unknown. I picked it up after reading about the cult following who managed to get season 3 reinstated. I'll definitely be recommending it to friends. It's right up my street as I love anything futuristic in space.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Finished the season now. All i can say is WOW.

What a beautiful awesome show. Can't wait for season 4.
I'm tempted to read the books. I can't wait until season 4 to find out what's going to happen.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Wonder when season 4 hits. Apparently not set yet?
They've only said 2019. Must be too early to commit to anything more. I read it's in pre-production at the minute.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
For some reason I can't quite get into this. I wish they would make a series out of Gateway and the Hechee books by Frederik Pohl instead.

starman

I just finished season 3 recently and overall liked it, but some of the dialogue and acting was completely off, ironically not from anyone from Mars or the OPA..

But the concept and world building was great. It's a shame a bigger network didn't pick this up first as it could have been propelled as a show that created bi weekly discussions, theories & a following that GOT achieved. But lets see what Amazon does with it, as theres still space (pardon the pun) in the story for it to explore and gain a better appeal

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Those satellites look artificial, at least their placing. And huge, bound to feck up something on surface when destroyed.

Naomi is such a planet noob.

Roosney

For some reason I can't quite get into this. I wish they would make a series out of Gateway and the Hechee books by Frederik Pohl instead.
Same. I had to really try to stay interested enough to keep watching.
I think the series started really cool with a girl gone missing and weird menacing stuff going on but it's turned into a few people power tripping that I don't care about really.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Same. I had to really try to stay interested enough to keep watching.
I think the series started really cool with a girl gone missing and weird menacing stuff going on but it's turned into a few people power tripping that I don't care about really.
If they keep up with the books, weird manacing stuff wil return... along with much more serious power tripping.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So glad this will be back soon. Nearly caught up as have been reading the first 3 books (love them). December huh? :drool:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Watched the first season there and thought it was good, if not nearly as great as I'd heard it was. Excellent production values and a cool world but a bit bland and predictable at times. Plus Thomas Jane's character is the only one I find remotely interesting.

I have heard seasons two and three are much better though so I'll stick with it.

The UN woman on Earth, has she always been such a shit actress?

Hammerfell

Watched the first season there and thought it was good, if not nearly as great as I'd heard it was. Excellent production values and a cool world but a bit bland and predictable at times. Plus Thomas Jane's character is the only one I find remotely interesting.

I have heard seasons two and three are much better though so I'll stick with it.

The UN woman on Earth, has she always been such a shit actress?
That's...a different take.

marktan

Finished S1 of this last week, does it get any better? I enjoyed it but some of it was fairly predictable, and I found myself getting a little bored towards the end of the season. Good production value though.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Finished S1 of this last week, does it get any better? I enjoyed it but some of it was fairly predictable, and I found myself getting a little bored towards the end of the season. Good production value though.
It gets better. Episode 5 of the second season will blow your mind.

Simbo

Similar to what I thought of S1, very glad I stuck with it though.

Nucks

RT History Department
In the books she swears much more than in the show. But, she has been an excellent cast.
Now that it's on Amazon, theoretically she should be free to go full sailor mode.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Read Cibola Burn (is that the one?) earlier this year and wondered if they'd have the budget to bring some of the book to the screen. Let's just say I'm quietly confident, and cannot fecking wait!

Edit: Seriously this thread should be in the double digits of pages.... Redcafe doesn't know good scifi :(.