Television The Expanse (TV Show)

Handré1990

Unfortunately I've just found out it's not on NetFlix anymore so I won't be able to watch it. It was on there till not long ago.
It’s been gone ever since amazon bought it a couple of years ago I think. I got prime for the sole reason of watching this show.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Unfortunately I've just found out it's not on NetFlix anymore so I won't be able to watch it. It was on there till not long ago.
Prime is like £7 and the biggest bargain ever at that price. Plenty of great TV on it to make it worthwhile, as well as all the other benefits across Amazon.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Prime is like £7 and the biggest bargain ever at that price. Plenty of great TV on it to make it worthwhile, as well as all the other benefits across Amazon.
I'm a Freesat tight arse :lol:

Kids have made me reluctantly get Netflix, if I got Amazon Prime as well, crikey, revolution matey. I've only just wrenched myself away from cd's and gone to spotify.

AaronRedDevil

Giving this show a miss. Watch 3 seasons of it and just simply can't enjoy it , which is strange with all the hype over it. Really don't know why tbh. Nothing grabs me with the show

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Naomi losing the hot faux hawk is irritating, but Avasarala is fully in her elegantly abrasive element here.

Simbo

How long ago was season 3? Apparently I remember nothing, may I watched it drunk.

Simbo

ok not bad, feels like I've only watched 1 or 2 episodes though, not a full season.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I have watched a grand total of five minutes of the first episode. I guess I haven't even finished the summary of the previous season. It's really incredibly difficult to find the time to watch TV (as in: really following what's happening on the screen) with a baby.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I thought they did alright. I wasn’t sure how they would fare with what is one of the worst books to walk into starting their version of the series with, but I’m glad it’s already been picked up for another season.

parkthebuslads

Having loved season 3, I must admit to having found the latest rather disappointing.

I'm not particularly keen on Bobby as a character, and would have preferred her to have not returned and whilst I do like Chrisjen, Drummer and Ashford, I could have done with far less of their content and more development of the protomolecule plot.

The addition of a drawn out conflict on New Terra was also a little dissapointing, as was the ending with it's promise of more of the same, with the additon of a renewed focus on Naomi, who I find rather irrating, especially when attempting her rather odd Belter accent.

Siorac

Having loved season 3, I must admit to having found the latest rather disappointing.

I'm not particularly keen on Bobby as a character, and would have preferred her to have not returned and whilst I do like Chrisjen, Drummer and Ashford, I could have done with far less of their content and more development of the protomolecule plot.

The addition of a drawn out conflict on New Terra was also a little dissapointing, as was the ending with it's promise of more of the same, with the additon of a renewed focus on Naomi, who I find rather irrating, especially when attempting her rather odd Belter accent.
The fourth book - on which season 4 is based - is almost entirely about the conflict on Ilus and, frankly, it's the weakest of the books for that reason.

All I can say is that the story will ramp up big time in the next season and it will be far more grandiose. Bobbie is a great character in the books but Frankie Adams doesn't really do it justice at times, she's one of the weakest of the cast.

I still loved season 4, mind, but then I'm basically in love with the Expanse.

parkthebuslads

The fourth book - on which season 4 is based - is almost entirely about the conflict on Ilus and, frankly, it's the weakest of the books for that reason.

All I can say is that the story will ramp up big time in the next season and it will be far more grandiose. Bobbie is a great character in the books but Frankie Adams doesn't really do it justice at times, she's one of the weakest of the cast.

I still loved season 4, mind, but then I'm basically in love with the Expanse.
How closely have they stuck to the books? I hope to read them when the series concludes.

Siorac

How closely have they stuck to the books? I hope to read them when the series concludes.
Pretty closely. The books' authors are the main writers of the show as well so it's a very faithful adaptation, with some changes that I think enhance it overall. But if you really like Ashford in the show, well, prepare yourself for a little disappointment :)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

It seems like they injected some storylines just so that they have something for the actors to do. This is understandable from a practical point of view, as this chapter is a slow burn without much for some people to get screen time. It doesn’t always work.

I will just say this: avoid all spoilers or even trailers for next season...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just finished it, that whole season was pretty meh, I'm glad that's the worst of the books and that there's better to come.

Oldyella

Finished this now. I loved it, although I could have done without the smuggling scenes with Bobby. Felt like that was just there to give the actress something to do.

You can see the increased budget as well, some of the overhead shots of the planet were fantastic

Hammerfell

This season wasn't great to be honest, everything felt like it dragged on too long.

Andersons Dietician

So initially I tried watching this months ago, however the lead guy who is kinda like a budget Josh Hartnett or is related to him really put me off.

I started watching it again last week and I was doing other things whilst I made it past the first two episodes but man, I’m glad I’ve given this another go. I smashed through most of season 2 this weekend and that ending was awesome.

Reminds me a lot of Mass Effect so not sure what influenced what and I’m wondering if like the producers of killjoys were involved in this as people from the cast of that seem to be popping up everywhere.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
What a filler of a season.

And losing Ashford and Miller, only to gain that lame as hell "family" of Naomi is a double blow.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
So initially I tried watching this months ago, however the lead guy who is kinda like a budget Josh Hartnett or is related to him really put me off.
The lead is literally Jon Snow. Some constant dour expression, same face, same mannerisms, same everything.

The Expanse is lots of shouting and bad decisions but in space. I like it, but every single subplot is driven by characters making dumb decisions and it starts to grate after a while IMO. I'd actually forgotten about this show though, glad I saw the thread. Was midway through Season 5 when I stopped watching. Would like to go back and finish it