The F1 Thread 2010 Season

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Let me try this again:

Does anyone know what the table would look like if the old points system was still in use?

Wouldn't surprise me if, over the course of the season, it would not have made any difference to the standings.

Vettle still won without having lead the standings at any pint in the season didn't he?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It would have ended:

Vettel - 104 points
Alonso - 101 points
Hamilton - 100 points
Webber - 97 points
Button - 87 points

Took 5mins with some nice excel formulas :)

Infact Hamilton overtaking Webber into 3rd is the only difference between all drivers using both point systems.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It would have ended:

Vettel - 104 points
Alonso - 101 points
Hamilton - 100 points
Webber - 97 points
Button - 87 points

Took 5mins with some nice excel formulas :)

Infact Hamilton overtaking Webber into 3rd is the only difference between all drivers using both point systems.
Thanks for that...

So, almost a complete waste of time then?

Or, have the drivers/teams changed their strategies to account for the new points system?

Stretch

Was just thinking about this the other day. If Webber's right in saying the team favoured Seb then is too far a reach to think they deliberately brought Webber in when they did full well knowing Ferrari will most likely respond to the move? Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Was just thinking about this the other day. If Webber's right in saying the team favoured Seb then is too far a reach to think they deliberately brought Webber in when they did full well knowing Ferrari will most likely respond to the move? Has this crossed anyone else's mind?
Webber was on the radio prior to the stop complaining about not having enough rear grip while he was trying to catch Alonso and failing. Really though, Webbers title hopes were over after quali.

Stretch

Webber was on the radio prior to the stop complaining about not having enough rear grip while he was trying to catch Alonso and failing. Really though, Webbers title hopes were over after quali.
Ah yes, that's right but who's to say they didn't know the grip won't come back? I know, it's a bit far fetched but it could be a possibility.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
just got the 2010 season review, shame that cuntos ugly mug is on the front but oh well

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What kind of extra features is there Sparky? I seem to remember the 2009 one had some pretty cool stuff on there..

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
extras are,

Driver Profiles
A Celebration of 60 Years
One Way to Monte Carlo
Alonsos Dream Move
Jenson And Lewis on McLaren
Talking Tyres with HRT
Mark Webber : The Elder Statesman

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Fernando Alonso is an spoiled prick. Arrived on Porto Santo (a small island next to Madeira) to spend the New Years Eve, and addresses a few reporters that were waiting:

"Boys, the first photographer or camera that I see these days will make me leave the following morning. And I'll say to the entire world that Porto Santo is a disaster. Ok? Give me tranquillity, or else tomorrow morning I'm leaving and in the whole world, Porto Santo... [thumbs down]."

Jesus, he sure could ask for privacy in a nicer manner, not with an arrogant threat that he alone will destroy Porto Santo's tourism industry if things don't go exactly the way he wants :lol: