5. Gran Premio de España, Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, 12 May
6. Grand Prix de Monaco, Circuit de Monaco, Monte Carlo, 26 May
7. Grand Prix du Canada, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, 9 June
8. British Grand Prix, Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone, 30 June
9. Großer Preis von Deutschland, Nurburgring, 7 July
10. Magyar Nagydíj, Hungaroring, Budapest, 28 July
11. Belgian Grand Prix, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Francorchamps, 25 August
12. Gran Premio d'Italia, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza, 8 September
13. Singapore Grand Prix, Marina Bay Street Circuit, Marina Bay, Singapore, 22 September
14. Korean Grand Prix, Korea International Circuit, Yeongam, 6 October
15. Japanese Grand Prix, Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka, 13 October
16. Indian Grand Prix, Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida, 27 October
17. Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, 3 November
18. United States Grand Prix, Circuit of the Americas, Austin, 17 November
19. Grande Premio do Brasil, Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, 24 November

pauldyson1uk

Looking forward to next season already.
The question is can anybody stop The Finger getting his 4th WC on the bounce.
Sergio Perez at McLaren is going to be an interesting one, and can Mercedes produce a car to get Lewis on the podium.

Jerez on the 5th February cant come quick enough.

hp88

It will be interesting to see how Lewis copes at Mercedes, I doubt 2013 will be his year but with the rules changes taking place in 2014 I can see Brawn doing a repeat of 2009 and producing another masterpiece.

McLaren need to get off to good start like they did this year. They have lost one of the best drivers on the grid and replaced him with Perez. Guess one area were McLaren might be better off without Lewis will be tyre management as both Button and Perez and known to look after their tyres.

As for Vettel, with Newey at RBR they will continue to be a threat, that is why I can see him picking up his 4th WDC, rumours have been going around for a while now that he will move to Ferrari in 2014 so it would be the prefect ending for him.

Not sure on what Ferrari can offer, Massa looked pretty strong towards the end of the season and with Alonso losing out by a couple of points he will want the title even more, someone need to give the get development team a kick up the backside if they want to win something in 2013.

Does anyone ever get out to a race? A mate of mine works for RBR so helps me out with tickets, only been to Silverstone but we are trying to organise a trip to Spa or Hungaroring next year and do the whole camping experience.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Paddy's day is a long way away. When I was a big Jordan fan as a kid back in the day these long winters used to kill me.

At the moment I can't see anything other than a Vettel win again next year but you never know

muller

It will be interesting to see how Lewis copes at Mercedes, I doubt 2013 will be his year but with the rules changes taking place in 2014 I can see Brawn doing a repeat of 2009 and producing another masterpiece.

McLaren need to get off to good start like they did this year. They have lost one of the best drivers on the grid and replaced him with Perez. Guess one area were McLaren might be better off without Lewis will be tyre management as both Button and Perez and known to look after their tyres.

As for Vettel, with Newey at RBR they will continue to be a threat, that is why I can see him picking up his 4th WDC, rumours have been going around for a while now that he will move to Ferrari in 2014 so it would be the prefect ending for him.

Not sure on what Ferrari can offer, Massa looked pretty strong towards the end of the season and with Alonso losing out by a couple of points he will want the title even more, someone need to give the get development team a kick up the backside if they want to win something in 2013.

Does anyone ever get out to a race? A mate of mine works for RBR so helps me out with tickets, only been to Silverstone but we are trying to organise a trip to Spa or Hungaroring next year and do the whole camping experience.
Anyone got a summary of these?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
1600cc, V6, turbo charged engines with 8 speed boxes, with KERS and also Thermal Energy Recovery.

Lower noses for safety, the tip of the nose must be no higher than 185mm, compared to 550mm in 2012.

Narrower front wings and shallower rear wings.

I think the cars will have to be entirely electrically powered when in the pit lane, too, but I'm not sure if this is still going ahead.

edit: oh and there's a 15,000rpm limit, which combined with the turbo engines will make for much quieter cars.

hp88

Drivers are restricted to five engines per season as well although reliability seems to have improved a lot this season as I can't remember anyone having a blow up during a race, it's the turbo that might cause problems for teams.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Expecting Vettel to win again but it'll be interesting to see if he can be stopped. Alonso will probably be the best bet again. If Red Bull produce a car like 2011 though and Vettel keeps on performing, he'll walk again.

Not expecting too much from Hamilton next season, although if the changes mentioned in the thread benefit him then 2014 might be a good year.

Will be interesting to see how Perez does at McLaren. He had a poor end to last season, but he should benefit from being in one of the top teams.

Looking forward to it when it does come.

Leg-End

Way too early to call anything, nobody knows who has the best car until Qualifying Round 1 anyway. Logically yes those that were successful this year should be favorites but plenty of teams will improve, I think its generally known that Mercedes gave up and switched focus to the 2013 car very early in the season.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Expecting Vettel to win again but it'll be interesting to see if he can be stopped. Alonso will probably be the best bet again. If Red Bull produce a car like 2011 though and Vettel keeps on performing, he'll walk again.

Not expecting too much from Hamilton next season, although if the changes mentioned in the thread benefit him then 2014 might be a good year.

Will be interesting to see how Perez does at McLaren. He had a poor end to last season, but he should benefit from being in one of the top teams.

Looking forward to it when it does come.
I think Perez might struggle, he's coming from a car which is exceptionally light on its tyres and I'm not sure the same can be said for McLaren. I like him but I think Jenson will show him up somewhat next year.

vanthaman

Winner
HRT have not been put on the entry list for 2013. Looks like they will fold

Fingers crossed

hp88

HRT have not been put on the entry list for 2013. Looks like they will fold

Fingers crossed
The rolling roadblocks, they won't be missed on the track but it's sad to see so many people lose their jobs.

1999united2008

all over twitter that Max Chilton will be in the 2nd seat for Marussia in 2013, promising young driver (only 21), came 4th last season in GP2 and was particularly strong qualifier, interesting to see how he does.

Force India yet to confirm their line-up, some rumors that Sutil will be back, which is pretty pathetic to hire an ex-convict for your team ahead of promising young drivers and others available too like Kobayashi...

pauldyson1uk

all over twitter that Max Chilton will be in the 2nd seat for Marussia in 2013, promising young driver (only 21), came 4th last season in GP2 and was particularly strong qualifier, interesting to see how he does.

Force India yet to confirm their line-up, some rumors that Sutil will be back, which is pretty pathetic to hire an ex-convict for your team ahead of promising young drivers and others available too like Kobayashi...

I agree, this was his quote from a Sky story.

Adrian Sutil says his criminal record will not prevent him from travelling to every Grand Prix in 2013 if he is re-hired by Force India.

The second seat at Force India is an attractive position for many drivers, with Heikki Kovalainen, Bruno Senna, Jules Binachi, Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi all reported interested in filling the vacancy left by the departing Nico Hulkenberg, I would put Sutil way below all of these drivers, not because of his convictions, we all make mistakes, because they are all better drivers than he is

1999united2008

I agree, this was his quote from a Sky story.

Adrian Sutil says his criminal record will not prevent him from travelling to every Grand Prix in 2013 if he is re-hired by Force India.

The second seat at Force India is an attractive position for many drivers, with Heikki Kovalainen, Bruno Senna, Jules Binachi, Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi all reported interested in filling the vacancy left by the departing Nico Hulkenberg, I would put Sutil way below all of these drivers, not because of his convictions, we all make mistakes, because they are all better drivers than he is
personally I think it sends the wrong message for a F1 team to hire an ex-con ahead of all the other drivers out there and yeah I would say most of the options out there are better drivers anyway.

Kobayashi is free now as well, he would be a safe option for them and is quick, Algesuari I would like to see back in F1, he looked really good with Toro Rosso and is still very young, wiped the floor with Buemi and was surprised they dropped him as neither Vergne or Ricciardo look as good. Bianchi is their current 3rd driver so that would make sense for them as he will know the team/car. Kovalinen is a bit more unlikely I expect, he got comprehensively beaten at McLaren by Lewis and hasn't looked that great with Caterham (got beaten by Petrov), only real reason for them to go with Senna is his money tbh, he is consistent but isn't that fast (see Maldonado, that Williams had pace at times but they were let down by Senna's lack of pace and Pastor's kamikaze driving)

I suppose they could also go for a young driver, but I imagine Buemi or Algesuari make most sense there anyway.

it's interesting Lotus still haven't confirmed Grosjean, I imagine they did better than they were expecting in the WCC so aren't as worried about the money he brings, bad news for him cause he has too many accidents, can see them maybe going for one of the drivers mentioned above.

pauldyson1uk

Sky have exclusive live coverage of Monaco F1 2013, thats a blow to the BBC.
Sky also have exclusive coverage to the first 2 races of the 2013 season,in fact Sky have 3 out of the first 4 races exclusively live.

BBC have announced that Suzi Perry will replace Jake Humphrey as the presenter of BBC's Formula 1 coverage for the 2013 season.

Leg-End

It's all just heading towards Sky exclusive rights, its inevitable and has been as soon as they signed with Sky.

pauldyson1uk

I agree it is only time before that happens. I thought last season Sky's race coverage was way better than BBC's but let themselves down on the pre race, hopefully they will sort that out, but BBC have Suzi Perry and I think she will do a decent job.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sky have exclusive live coverage of Monaco F1 2013, thats a blow to the BBC.
Sky also have exclusive coverage to the first 2 races of the 2013 season,in fact Sky have 3 out of the first 4 races exclusively live.

BBC have announced that Suzi Perry will replace Jake Humphrey as the presenter of BBC's Formula 1 coverage for the 2013 season.
Monaco is boring as feck these days anyway, its really no loss.

Would rather they invest in the newly designed tracks, only they really have entertaining races now.

(or spa / monza / canada etc )

pauldyson1uk

Monaco is boring as feck these days anyway, its really no loss.

Would rather they invest in the newly designed tracks, only they really have entertaining races now.

(or spa / monza / canada etc )
I agree that Monaco is a bit jaded, has for designing new tracks I don't see that happening any time soon, I don't think the money is there. The new track at Austin had major problems before it was built.

I cant see a time when Monaco will not have a F1 race, but maybe they could look at it and try and change it, to make it a bit more exciting.

pauldyson1uk

BBC'S confirmed live races 2013 season.

China, 14 April
Spain, 12 May
Canada, 9 June
Silverstone, 30 June
TBA*, 21 July
Belgium, 25 August
Italy, 8 September
Japan, 13 October
India, 27 October
Brazil, 24 November

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
BBC'S confirmed live races 2013 season.

China, 14 April
Spain, 12 May
Canada, 9 June
Silverstone, 30 June
TBA*, 21 July
Belgium, 25 August
Italy, 8 September
Japan, 13 October
India, 27 October
Brazil, 24 November
BBC have gone for the most exciting races.

hp88

I agree that Monaco is a bit jaded, has for designing new tracks I don't see that happening any time soon, I don't think the money is there. The new track at Austin had major problems before it was built.

I cant see a time when Monaco will not have a F1 race, but maybe they could look at it and try and change it, to make it a bit more exciting.
You need a bit of rain to make Monaco interesting, we had a wet race in 2008 and it was brilliant. The race has turned into bit of a procession over the years and the cars are partially at fault for this, it is still a great race to watch though.

Count Orduck

You need a bit of rain to make Monaco interesting, we had a wet race in 2008 and it was brilliant. The race has turned into bit of a procession over the years and the cars are partially at fault for this, it is still a great race to watch though.
Does anyone actually believe this? :lol: It's an awful, awful, awful race to watch. So unutterably boring. It's a microcosm of all the criticisms that F1 gets levelled at it.

1999united2008

Vettel will win again, Bernie will rig it for him, just like 2010 and 2012.

BBC will axe their coverage altogether by 2015 as well is obvious atm.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
:lol: On Bernie's Wikipedia page.

Bernard Charles "Bernie" Ecclestone (born 28 October 1930) is an English business magnate,[7] as president and CEO of Formula One Management and Formula One Administration and through his part-ownership of Alpha Prema, the parent company of the Formula One Group of companies. As such, he is generally considered the primary authority in Formula One racing. He is most commonly addressed in tabloid journalism as "F1 Supremo". His early involvement in the sport was as a competitor and then as a manager of drivers Stuart Lewis-Evans and Jochen Rindt. In 1972, he bought the Brabham team, which he ran for fifteen years.[8] As a team owner he became a member of the Formula One Constructors Association. His control of the sport, which grew from his pioneering the sale of television rights in the late 1970s, is chiefly financial, but under the terms of the Concorde Agreement he and his companies also manage the administration, setup and logistics of each Formula One Grand Prix. Ecclestone himself entered two Grand Prix races during the 1958 season, failing to qualify for either of them.
Ecclestone is also the ex-majority owner of the British Queens Park Rangers F.C.[9]

He is a big fat pig.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does anyone actually believe this? :lol: It's an awful, awful, awful race to watch. So unutterably boring. It's a microcosm of all the criticisms that F1 gets levelled at it.
I dont. Hardly any overtaking, only the 1 semi straight with drs that is possible into the bus stop.

The drivers probably enjoy it because you have to be on it 100%, i bet its a fun drive round the track but for TV its one of the worst.

I like the races the BBC have got, there all the pretty decent ones; only korea i would add, thats a pretty nice track too.

Leg-End

Monaco is only good if your favorite driver is winning. Occasionally it throws up a classic, very rarely though.