Television The Fall

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Anyone watching this? It appears to be a joint-venture between British and Irish productions as it premiered on RTÉ One two weeks ago and then started on BBC Two the following evening. There has been two episodes thus far and the third installment is on tonight at 9.00pm (BBC Two). The plot follows an unsolved murder in Belfast and Gillian Anderson is called in from the Metropolitan Police to try help crack the case. It's been getting rave reviews and today has been re-commissioned for a second series once this one has finished.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
been liking it so far.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I thought this was going to be about Mark E Smith.

Buchan

Fantastic again last night. Very thought-provoking subject matter with some memorable eerie scenes thus far. I'm interested to know how/if Paul will be caught. He seems to be getting a little sloppy in terms of incidents he's getting himself involved in (away from the murders).

Now the wife knows the root of the daughter's nightmares, she's definitely going to inspect the attic space above the daughter's room where she'll find a serial-killing treasure chest. Not to mention the abandoned house in the countryside which he has turned into a weird doll fetish dungeon. As he found that house on the quad bike whilst visiting the wife's parents, it can't be far from their home and I suspect this will arouse suspicion.

Also, it appears that he has turned his attention to Det. Gibson now, but she's well tuned-in to how his mind operates and what they're looking for so it's going to be intriguing how that battle pans out.

It's coming to the boil nicely.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
I'm not loving it at all to be honest and I don't see it with Gillian Anderson either, never have.

It just jumps around a bit too much for me and I honestly can't get past Cantona.

I'll continue to watch it but only because my wife likes it and we don't normally watch any of the programs I normally like, together. I think she just likes beardy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Cantona?

been watching this, quite good but the young female copper is a bit of a wooden actress.

also, an old colleagues sister is an actor in it too

the lead actor, is the ex boyfriend of Keira Knightly. He's done well, quite creepy. I hope he kills that ex-terrorist dude

also, i notice at least 2 people from Game of Thrones

good casting, that guy who played the gay bad guy in Hollyoaks, i reckon his bumbling character will save Scully in the end somehow

M'n'M

A bit like him? He looks more like him than Eric does ;)

onesaf

Watched the first episode and enjoyed it so much I haven't watched anymore, I know that doesn't make much sense but I have been recording the rest so I can watch in one sitting, hate watching one hour episodes especially if it is something I have really enjoyed and can't wait a week for the next episode. Gillian Anderson is looking hot in it.

Buchan

It's brilliant. It's not a new concept for a television programme but the way it's executed is refreshing. Some folk are questioning some of the acting but I think it's fine. It's great to see local talent getting their chance. It's also fantastic to see a programme/film set in the North that isn't about the Troubles.

I'm looking forward to the next two weeks already. I'm just wondering, though: it's been commissioned for a second series already so will the killer remain at large for that or will it take a new direction and storyline? Obviously this series' ending has been shot already and they'll end it how they planned to, but I'm intrigued as to what the plot of the second series will entail.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Watched the first episode, didn't realise so many Belfast people had posh accents (they don't) and a few of the characters weren't believable at all. The blond guy in the bar, at the start (the one that was in hollyoakes) is a childhood friend of mine, good to see him back on TV. Apart from a few wee niggly things, I did enjoy it and am looking forward to watching the rest.

Buchan

I've noticed in the last few programmes/films set in the North that there has been quite a few of the cast with Southern accents (Dublin actors). What's the deal there? I know the Gardaí and the PSNI now share some resources etc., but the way the PSNI is being portrayed in these shows, you'd swear the Gardaí were running the show as there's so many of them in it! I just think it's a little strange is all.

onesaf

I've noticed in the last few programmes/films set in the North that there has been quite a few of the cast with Southern accents (Dublin actors). What's the deal there? I know the Gardaí and the PSNI now share some resources etc., but the way the PSNI is being portrayed in these shows, you'd swear the Gardaí were running the show as there's so many of them in it! I just think it's a little strange is all.
I think it's just because there are a limited number of actors on this Isle, I know one of the guys who plays one of the detectives, his young lad was in the same class in school as my lad and he seems to appear in any show that needs a norn iron accent http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0334324/

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Watched the first episode, didn't realise so many Belfast people had posh accents (they don't) and a few of the characters weren't believable at all. The blond guy in the bar, at the start (the one that was in hollyoakes) is a childhood friend of mine, good to see him back on TV. Apart from a few wee niggly things, I did enjoy it and am looking forward to watching the rest.
Nobody needs to hear the westies!;)

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
I change my accent depending on where I am. If I'm in the Hatfield I'll add more culchie. If I'm in Queens with other students I'll go more posh. If I'm in the Rock bar I'll go more West.

I've watched 2 more episodes of this, really enjoying it.

M'n'M

Am I the only one who thinks Anderson is a pig?

Ivor Ballokov

Anyone else think that last episode was a bit rubbish? They're trying to really force home the independent female cop thing and it's really horrible to watch. A sweet (k?)night? Shut up already.

The sub plot about the shot policeman holds no interest whatsoever.

The only thing holding it together is the serial killer himself, if he isn't part of season 2 I doubt I'll watch.

Am I the only one who thinks Anderson is a pig?
Probably, she is quite clearly an attractive woman.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Anyone else think that last episode was a bit rubbish? They're trying to really force home the independent female cop thing and it's really horrible to watch. A sweet (k?)night? Shut up already.

The sub plot about the shot policeman holds no interest whatsoever.

The only thing holding it together is the serial killer himself, if he isn't part of season 2 I doubt I'll watch.

Probably, she is quite clearly an attractive woman.
Never understood the relevance of that part.Complete waste of time for me, I do agree that the best part about the show is the killer

Scrumpet

There are no words
I think the link is that one of the victims was related or married to the cokehead or something.

Scrumpet

There are no words
The policeman who got shot and Roose Bolton were up to something dodgy with the coke head.