Television The Fall

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Paul (the serial killer) is the best character on the show by a distance.

Every scene he's in is absorbing, and like others have said, it's what makes the show.

Buchan

Series finale on tonight. I am recording it and will watch it later when the missus returns in a bit.

I had to promise not to watch it without her. fecking lunatic.

Scrumpet

There are no words
Episode 5:

It didn't feel like a finale at all.

I think it's a load of shite that the guy who the girl who Gillian Anderson interviewed was talking about is actually Paul, the killer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
What ? You lost me there Scrumpet, very underwhelmed by this last episode.Kinda tired of the old cliché " psychopath calling the main investigator"

Scrumpet

There are no words
What ? You lost me there Scrumpet, very underwhelmed by this last episode.Kinda tired of the old cliché " psychopath calling the main investigator"
Yeah that sentence was a bit of a disaster. I meant that in episode 4, Gillian was talking to a woman about a guy called Peter she met in university who nearly strangled her to death one night. I thought she was just doing it in some sort of attempt to understand the mind of someone who would do that, but judging by Paul's reaction when she mentioned it on the phone, it actually was him. I thought it was a bit silly.

pauldyson1uk

Just finish watching this and although I really enjoyed it, I thought the last ep was rubbish

The attempted murder in EP4 was just so different from the other, with the others he took his time, but this one he just left the guy tied up, it was obvious that he was going to get loose at attack Paul.

Just how did he get away in the end , it was just daft, it would of not taken them long to find out who he was.

They had that pic his daughter drew, just put that on TV and his wife would of seen it, I got the feeling that she knew he was involved in the killings.

I have read there is a second series going to be made, looking forward to it.

Buchan

The part which I found most unrealistic was when he
admitted/pretended to having an affair with the 15 year old babysitter.

As if that was the only decent excuse he could give the wife for being out of the house for a few nights. Downright bizarre.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just finished this on Netflix. Quite enjoyed it for what it was (typical serial killer tropes and pointless sub plots aside).

That said I can't see how they can string this out for a second series. Surely he's caught now?

Unless he's travelling to that place in Scotland that James Bond went to in Skyfall? That might buy him a few weeks.

onesaf

Finally got round to watching the last two episodes only for Sky to have cut-off the last few minutes of the last episode, gonna have to download it now to see the bloody ending. Grrrr!!! Have set my Sky now to record 5 mins on to the end of any recordings.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Really enjoyed this one. Binged it all in about 3 days. I heard some people were disgruntled at the ending and that there were plans to make a season 4 before the fella who played Spector said he couldnt return, but I actually thought the ending worked very well and provided a satisfying conclusion to their relationship.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just started watching this on Netflix. I don't usually like British dramas/thrillers but I'm loving this. Binged the first series in one night.

Unlike the majority of thrillers, this one hardly uses background music and I love that. It adds so much more to th atmosphere than your typical bgm for these shows.

Oh, and I see people saying that one character reminded them of Cantona but, for me, I can't get David Baddiel out of my head when he's on screen.

Gillian Anderson, though :drool:

Sylar

Started this too. About half way through the second season

The part which I found most unrealistic was when he
admitted/pretended to having an affair with the 15 year old babysitter.

As if that was the only decent excuse he could give the wife for being out of the house for a few nights. Downright bizarre.
Agree with this. Just seemed weird that was the best he could come up with. Everything else it seemed like he had a great answer and surely he must have known the wife would ask him
why he asked her to lie to the police. And he couldn't think of something better?

The actor is great at being a creep
It's slow but I can accept that when it's only five episodes and it's a change of pace mixing this with previously cobra Kai and now upload

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Finished this last night. Its extremely grim as it delves into the darkest recesses of the human psyche, but riveting viewing all the same, well worth a watch, quite disturbing in parts, brilliantly portrayed and excellent performances by the cast.

Havak

Pokemon master
I watched this very recently too, finished it earlier this week. Very, very good IMO. I thought the third season was a bit slower and went in a different direction, sometimes close to boring, but I found it interesting enough myself. Definitely preferred the first two seasons, but a good show none the less. I'd recommend it to anyone, especially if you're into crime dramas like Luther and Line of Duty.

Sylar

Finished two seasons and watched an episode from season 3
3 does feel different so far
feels like an episode of house but darker

hobbers

Found the killer compelling but not 17-hours-of-tv-compelling. Third season was largely dull and unnecessary.

Stella was also a bit of a nothing character.

Sylar

Really struggled to watch s3. S1 I did in a day, and them same for s2. It took me five days to finish 4 EPs of season 3. And just did the final two today.

The final episode was mad though. It just accelerated and rounded things off

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Found the killer compelling but not 17-hours-of-tv-compelling. Third season was largely dull and unnecessary.

Agree. Her whisper-talking was extremely irritating.

Jim is one of the most pathetic characters I've ever seen in television.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Just finished S2 and I have no idea how or why this is going on for another season, but it's been consistently good so far so I'm not complaining.

That David Baddiel lookalike is a bit much with the perpetual look of sadness he has on him.

Yagami

Good post resistant
The final season was twice as long as it needed to be.
I just finished this and, yeah, I said in my last post that I didn't get how they were doing another season and from the get go it felt like they were keeping the show going for the sake of it.

With that said, I did enjoy the 3rd season even though it wasn't really necessary. I thought that German psychiatrist was a good addition to the cast.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I actually liked Stella. I didn't think I would going in but she grew on me quickly.
Really struggled to watch s3. S1 I did in a day, and them same for s2. It took me five days to finish 4 EPs of season 3. And just did the final two today.

The final episode was mad though. It just accelerated and rounded things off
yeah. It started off as usual but then Paul attacked Stella and it was off from thereon, which I liked!

Sylar

I just finished this and, yeah, I said in my last post that I didn't get how they were doing another season and from the get go it felt like they were keeping the show going for the sake of it.

With that said, I did enjoy the 3rd season even though it wasn't really necessary. I thought that German psychiatrist was a good addition to the cast.
Did it take you 4 months to watch the final season? Haha

Yagami

Good post resistant
Did it take you 4 months to watch the final season? Haha
:lol:

For some reason I didn't get round to watching s3 until this past week. It's not as bad as Game of Thrones, though. I was up to date with that, watching the last season live, and got ill and missed the rest. However, I've still avoided spoilers about the last season and still plan on going back to finish it. Eventually...:lol: