The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft SF - 2mufc0 vs. Indnyc/crappycraperson

Who would win in the following draft game with all players at their peak?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Enigma_87

You know who
Just a couple thoghts before bed, one thing I've encountered over the last 3 games is the issue of Leo Junior cutting in making him incompatible, however going by this logic it's difficult to envisage him being able to play with any type of central midfielder or central playmaker which imo is very unfair. It would be interesting to hear ideas in what sort of formation and personal people think he would work with.

Secondly I never thought having players with the ability to pass the ball and create would be a negative, playing against defensively strong teams you need as many options to create as possible and having more creative players can only be a plus.
Simeone instead of Gerson would’ve solved a lot of problems. Not the shiniest name on the list but brings better balance and offers also protection on the flank. With him and a better front three is most likely voted for you with that formation, personally.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Simeone instead of Gerson would’ve solved a lot of problems. Not the shiniest name on the list but brings better balance and offers also protection on the flank. With him and a better front three is most likely voted for you with that formation, personally.
Yeah that's understandable, I guess everyone sees the game differently, I did consider playing him.

idmanager

That's how I'd anticipated it as well. Gives Gerson a little more defensive support on that flank.

Not sure about this though. Jack Charlton and Carvajal were never going to cut it at in the semi-finals, moving to a back four with the Lahm switch was the right thing to do. The left-side problem is still there, but that's more personnel than system - as in no system will easily resolve it.
I disagree to be honest. Lewandowski is not rated as one of great number 9 by any means.
Jack Charlton could have been involved for one more round.

The biggest misuse in the current setup is Baresi, a lot of his natural game is shunned off with defending against Lewa/Ronaldo in a two man CB defense while hardly having any space to venture into the midfield battle.
Adding an extra body in defense, make room for both Leo Junior and Baresi to be in their element and impact proceedings much more.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@2mufc0 great game. Hard luck with the result. It could have gone either way

@crappycraperson
Well done Indy, can see why you won the game and can't really complain too much. Still bit perplexed with some of the voters that randomly turned up though.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I disagree to be honest. Lewandowski is not rated as one of great number 9 by any means.

The biggest misuse in the current setup is Baresi, a lot of his natural game is shunned off with defending against Lewa/Ronaldo in a two man CB defense while hardly having any space to venture into the midfield battle.
Adding an extra body in defense, make room for both Leo Junior and Baresi to be in their element and impact proceedings much more.

There's a million ways to play, each one would have its weakness to be fair, not making excuses but each round I drew the toughest opposition possible not only in terms of personnel but style too , was fully expecting to go out in the first round tbh.

idmanager

There's a million ways to play, each one would have its weakness to be fair, not making excuses but each round I drew the toughest opposition possible not only in terms of personnel but style too , was fully expecting to go out in the first round tbh.
Aye agreed. Nothing wrong in discussing the other possibilities as well though :)
I really liked the 1st game setup tbh and hence drew this up.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Aye agreed. Nothing wrong in discussing the other possibilities as well though :)
I really liked the 1st game setup tbh and hence drew this up.
As they say hindsight is 20/20 and probably would have changed things, but yeah i like your setup, cheers for the feedback.

Enigma_87

You know who
As they say hindsight is 20/20 and probably would have changed things, but yeah i like your setup, cheers for the feedback.
I always try to be consistent in my views mate and sometimes we just view things differently. Hope I didn't sound too harsh in my comments. You did have a great spine and were IMO 1 player away from running away with it...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I always try to be consistent in my views mate and sometimes we just view things differently. Hope I didn't sound too harsh in my comments. You did have a great spine and were IMO 1 player away from running away with it...
No i don't think you were harsh at all, like i said before everyone sees the game in different ways and if we didn't have disagreements there wouldn't be a point in the drafts at all. One things for sure my games have generated a lot of debate all games 4+ pages :lol:

Indnyc

Well done Indy, can see why you won the game and can't really complain too much. Still bit perplexed with some of the voters that randomly turned up though.
Yeah I was surprised by that as well.. Last game we won 7-6 with barely anyone voting.. A lot of people voted this time.. I generally like it if people comment on the thread if they are voting justifying why they choose a team over the other but this rarely happens.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
What would you call voters who only voted in one semi-final for some weird reason, despite both being on the front page, dont normally vote and are of a similar nationality?
This semi-final had more contemporary/well-known players, as well as United legends tbf

MJJ

This semi-final had more contemporary/well-known players, as well as United legends tbf
The last round of indycrappy had largely similar players but didnt receive the same attention. Does one scirea really make that big of a difference?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What would you call voters who only voted in one semi-final for some weird reason, despite both being on the front page, dont normally vote and are of a similar nationality?
The other semi was completely dead until I got in there and had a shot at Jairzinho.

It wasn't even front page, had to search it on my Rijkaard can't be a weak midfield mission.

Indnyc

The last round of indycrappy had largely similar players but didnt receive the same attention. Does one scirea really make that big of a difference?
Votes by people who don’t vote regularly were received by both teams.. Not sure why we are being singled out?

The previous game was also on Boxing Day which meant there were fewer people online.. Timing of the match also was a factor

harms

Staff
Their last game was in a different day. Not saying that you're wrong in your conspiracy idea, I don't know enough to judge, but there is a difference in the amount of lesser known footballers between the 2 semi-finals.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Just a couple thoghts before bed, one thing I've encountered over the last 3 games is the issue of Leo Junior cutting in making him incompatible, however going by this logic it's difficult to envisage him being able to play with any type of central midfielder or central playmaker which imo is very unfair. It would be interesting to hear ideas in what sort of formation and personal people think he would work with.
I actually gave you pointers on this when describing Brazil 82.

1) Someone else stretches defences on the left (Eder for Brazil, could easily be Sir Bobby in that other formation posted)

2) Falcao was a central midfield playmaker. He was also very much B2B so there was no playmaking overlap. In fact, the beauty of Junior (as opposed to a Marcelo) was he would tuck in and hold the midfield role freeing up Falcao to bomb forward with his back covered. If you had Nedved there, as someone suggested, or Zidane, that would work absolutely fine.

Funny thing is he would have been even better with Simeone as you needed a warrior vs Neeskens but Simeone offers little creativity in attacking phases, something Junior in his usual game would have rebalanced.

MJJ

Votes by people who don’t vote regularly were received by both teams.. Not sure why we are being singled out?

The previous game was also on Boxing Day which meant there were fewer people online.. Timing of the match also was a factor
I see scenknil, dr muji and maxin maybe as people who dont regularly vote for the other team.

Their last game was in a different day. Not saying that you're wrong in your conspiracy idea, I don't know enough to judge, but there is a difference in the amount of lesser known footballers between the 2 semi-finals.
Could be yeah.

The other semi was completely dead until I got in there and had a shot at Jairzinho.

It wasn't even front page, had to search it on my Rijkaard can't be a weak midfield mission.
Both were on the front page when I made my comment in response to aldo's.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It happens. Not everything is a conspiracy @MJJ ;) I didn't like Gerson's role there, but still you have my vote.
Hope you're right. And thanks!

I actually gave you pointers on this when describing Brazil 82.

1) Someone else stretches defences on the left (Eder for Brazil, could easily be Sir Bobby in that other formation posted)

2) Falcao was a central midfield playmaker. He was also very much B2B so there was no playmaking overlap. In fact, the beauty of Junior (as opposed to a Marcelo) was he would tuck in and hold the midfield role freeing up Falcao to bomb forward with his back covered. If you had Nedved there, as someone suggested, or Zidane, that would work absolutely fine.

Funny thing is he would have been even better with Simeone as you needed a warrior vs Neeskens but Simeone offers little creativity in attacking phases, something Junior in his usual game would have rebalanced.
Thanks.

Indnyc

I see scenknil, dr muji and maxin maybe as people who dont regularly vote for the other team.
I don't see more than 3-4 who don't vote regularly voting for us as well. Unless you have some evidence that there is some foul play involved, we would like this topic to end.

Honestly @crappycraperson and I spent a lot of time building our team and it is unfair to accuse us of tampering with the voting.

This went on during the match as well and we responded that there was nothing done from our side but for some reason this has been brought up again

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
As far as usual Indians in draft world , neither me, crappy nor moby has ever engaged in vote solicitation before. Neither has KM or any others who participate. We often vote against each other going purely by team strengths.

2mufc has been great addition in recent drafts and I just find it ridiculous that any other frequent draft player would collude and ruin the game.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I have zero idea of who these 3 are and am reading these usernames for the first time. I saw the voters after insinuation by 2mufc and I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

MJJ

Are they Indians? :confused:
Not sure what this is supposed to mean. I have zero idea of who these 3 are and am reading these usernames for the first time. I saw the voters after insinuation by 2mufc and I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.
That was in response to people who voted for 2mufc and don't vote regularly.

The people who voted for indcrappy and don't vote regularly are witching, mdfc, vp, cool red wine and black shark.

Think most of them are Indians.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

The people who voted for indcrappy and don't vote regularly are witching, mdfc, vp, cool red wine and black shark.

black shark is really a follower
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/reality-monopoly-draft-r1-harms-vs-ecstatic.430719/
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-4-way-draft-r1-oaencha-vs-ecstatic.431757/
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-4-way-draft-r1-onenil-vs-tuppet.431765/
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-fifth-redcafe-sheep-draft-qf-gio-vs-tuppet.434921/

Already seen the voters cool redwine, MDFC and VP in the past

Witchking never seen but it doesn't necessarily mean he comes from India.

MJJ

I said dont vote regularly, not never votes :p

Witchking I know is from India.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Good to see you back @Ecstatic, miss your detail analysis of games.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin

You do get scan votes in most matches. Does not necessarily have to be a regular. For example, Maxin, Scneckrel and TooSweet who voted for your team are not regular draft voters iirc. I really don't see any backing for match fixing here.

harms

Staff
You do get scan votes in most matches. Does not necessarily have to be a regular. For example, Maxin, Scneckrel and TooSweet who voted for your team are not regular draft voters iirc. I really don't see any backing for match fixing here.
TooSweet is. Anyway, the more the merrier!

MJJ

Edit-Anyways I am done, point made.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

The advantage of the 3-5-2 is it resolves some of the attacking width issues. But Baresi is the one defender who doesn't need a back 3 to shine. I'm sure he would in either set-up, but his reputation as the best of all time comes from playing in a back four against two-man strikeforces, defending impeccably and still bossing it on the ball.

idmanager

But Baresi is the one defender who doesn't need a back 3 to shine. I'm sure he would in either set-up, but his reputation as the best of all time comes from playing in a back four against two-man strikeforces, defending impeccably and still bossing it on the ball.
Aye, that I agree with completely. I don't think its a problem if he playing a defensive role.
How much chance would he get to boss the ball, I am not sure.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
No one better in a 4 man defence imo. But I can understand idmanager's thinking behind the 5 at the back formation.

VP

Can't take the Pakistan out of the poster eh? Not everything is an Indian conspiracy. :)

I'm not a regular but I do chuck in a vote now or then. And when I do it's pretty simple, I vote for the team with players I'm more familiar with. Here I had no idea who two of your players even were (Gerson and the other bloke)