Gaming The Final Fantasy Thread

What's your favourite single-player FF?

• Total voters

Rahul

fecking immense game i don't care what anybody says.

Looking forward to Final Fantasy versus XIII more than the other.

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
I see they've finally gotten around to using cars instead of chocobos to move around the world now...

Cina

I've played all the FF games (and I mean all, SNES included) and I tink I can safely say, they are, and will always be the greatest gaming series I've ever played. VII alone is the greatest game ever made, and bar a few hiccups (VIII anyone?) they're all quite brilliant.

I'll be getting myself a PS3 for XIII, but seeing as it's out later this year in Japan, I won't have to get one for another 2 years...

Reflectorboy

Future friend of the first team
are you kidding me? Final Fantasy has got to be the best game and best game series ever to hit any console by far, none come close in terms of depth and class :)

Bape

Yes, unfortunately don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one.
Same, if I do end up with a PS3, the only reason would be to play FF XIII and the remake of FF VII.

MehdiMahdavikia

I used to before they became more of a continuous FMV video with occaisional player interactivity than a video game.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Bought PS3 to play Final Fantasy and Gran Turismo. It will be a while until the FF games show up in Europe though...

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Never had a PS2/3 so haven't really played it post-PS1.

FFVII is probably the best game ever made though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I think I'll get that when it comes out. Been having trouble finding games to get for my PS3. Fortunately, Motorstorm is a hell of a lot of fun.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Love the FF series, VII or X were my favourites, loved VIII, but the junctioning/magic system ruined it for me. Yet to complete XII yet though. Can't wait for XIII, doubt it will be out anytime soon though, still, should be worth the wait!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I've played all the FF games (and I mean all, SNES included) and I tink I can safely say, they are, and will always be the greatest gaming series I've ever played. VII alone is the greatest game ever made, and bar a few hiccups (VIII anyone?) they're all quite brilliant.
Definitely agree with the greatest series ever. And VII certainly has a claim on the best game. It's a bit dated these days and the newer games are superior in most things you can put your finger on, but there's just something magical about VII. The others, as good as they are (and they all have a decent claim on the best game released for that year) all kind of blend into each other if you've played them all. I can kind of remember bits and pieces of each one but I've got no idea what the characters names were or what the main storylines were. Whereas VII instantly conjures up images of Cloud and Sephiroth - the storyline just dragged you in and didn't let go.

Personally I'd say that the old Shining Force II on the Megadrive is the only competitor it has as the best RPG/Fantasy game ever made. Once again it's very dated (14 years old now), but I've played that damn game so many times I know it off by heart. When I was young I even used to start writing novels about it (although never got more than a couple of chapters into it before getting bored:lol:), and drawing maps of its towns and castles. Nowhere near as successful as the FF series, but god damn I loved that game.

Anyways, back to XIII, this is the first I've heard of them doing XIII and a vs XIII. Did a bit of a google search about what it's about and it certainly sounds interesting. Will probably tip my hand to finally get a PS3 when it does come out (although GTA 4 might beat it to that).

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
i heard somewhere that its coming out for xbox 360 aswell?
The producer has already come out and stated that FFXIII can only be done on the PS3, so don't get your hopes up.

They are also remaking VII for the PS3. God knows how it will turn out.
Would love that to be re-made, but haven't heard anything from Square so not going to believe it untill it is confirmed!

vanthaman

Winner
ive never liked final fantasy games, mainly because of the battle system, and the music was annoying