Television The Flash TV Series | Comic Book Stuff in Spoiler Tags Please

Sylar

@Sylar I gave up on it since last year when they made the break. I never felt any need to catch up on it :lol:
I caught up in case there are future crossovers and cos I've gone so far into it
Supergirl is finishing so need to watch that

Batwoman, ERM, I should watch but a few EPs into s2 and I've not got a desire to rush to see it
Legends is the only one I watch week to week

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I caught up in case there are future crossovers and cos I've gone so far into it
Supergirl is finishing so need to watch that

Batwoman, ERM, I should watch but a few EPs into s2 and I've not got a desire to rush to see it
Legends is the only one I watch week to week
What's ERM ? I have 30 vacation days, maybe I will binge everything now :wenger:

choccy77

Has anyone watched Armageddon yet?

I've watched the first 5 episodes so far of this Final Series.

Sylar

What if its not though?

Actually, it's okay, but if they had made this a really dark story, it would have been awesome.
So finally watched it and finished the season. It took some time and in and out of binges.

Thoughts are still the same, this show would be so much better and Tighter cutting episodes. Instead of 22 or whatever it is, I think 10-12 would tell the same story with less fluff needed to pad it out

Joe west is severely under utilised. He has the best scenes when they want to get emotional. He pulls it off the best.

After 8 or so seasons, the best villain is still thawne as wells / reverse flash
And Damien darhk is still fantastic

Iris is less annoying when you binge watch it or her character seems better.

It probably could be finished now. But in a way I'm hoping for another season where they can pull legends into it and tie up that story

Sylar

Ok just checked season 9 is the final season.and it will be 13 episodes. Hopefully has a good finish.

Sylar

Ok just checked season 9 is the final season.and it will be 13 episodes. Hopefully has a good finish.
This has been horrible. What a shit shit final season, I binged it mostly and I can't even remember anything or what this season has been about except the last couple of episodes.

I think there's one episode left but given this is basically the end of the arrowverse what a complete and utter let down.

The one really good episode was the one with the big big cameo and of course that was fantastic.

We've had some episodes where the flash hasn't even been in the episodes.

This feels like the adventures of Cecile ft Chester and Allegra.
(The last episode was so ridiculous they went to 2049 and all the characters looked the same except iris who at least had grey hair :lol: )

Big Andy

Bloke
I used to religiously watch all these, Arrow, Flash, Legends, Black Lightning, etc but when Arrow ended, I found the Flash to be repetitive, oh another evil bloke who can run dead fast. And Team Iris did my nut in. It added too many members into it, and should've stuck with Cisco and Barry as the main two.

The Covid shut down didn't help, as the long pause meant I'd forgotten all about it, and then never caught up. Sounds like I've not missed much.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Tried watching The Swarm on Sky last night as the premise sounded interesting. Turned it off after about half an hour wasn't feeling it at all.

Sylar

Season finale.... oh boy what a stinker.
Im actually quite easy to please when it comes to these comic book shows, but jeez, this season was up there with some of the worst.

Im not even sure where to start, so its probably best I dont :lol:
What a complete and utter letdown that was. As bad as the show became, I was still expecting something big for the finale, because, its probably the easiest episode to do. And yet it somehow was horrible.

They really should have ended this season on episode 9.

Sylar

That shows that the producers never realised what ruined the show. Or didn't care.
Dont think they care tbh. The choices in the finale especially with Cecile, oh boy. I know shes not been a liked character (and tbh, the side characters are all stinkers), but her 'action' scenes are just so funny.

Amir

Dont think they care tbh. The choices in the finale especially with Cecile, oh boy. I know shes not been a liked character (and tbh, the side characters are all stinkers), but her 'action' scenes are just so funny.
I didn't mind Cecile. I had bigger problem with other characters. Overall I just hated the fact that all those CW Superhero shows started with one hero - Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl - and ended up with about a million.

I saw it through to the end with the Flash. Finale was no improvement. Won't miss the show. Glad Grant Gustin refused to do a tenth series. They actually wanted more. :annoyed:

Sylar

I didn't mind Cecile. I had bigger problem with other characters. Overall I just hated the fact that all those CW Superhero shows started with one hero - Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl - and ended up with about a million.

I saw it through to the end with the Flash. Finale was no improvement. Won't miss the show. Glad Grant Gustin refused to do a tenth series. They actually wanted more. :annoyed:
Cecile was fine to begin with, but became the problem when the show revolved around her.
And the side characters became an issue because they weren't on par.

They did grant badly though. Having him miss big chunks of episodes was such a weird choice, especially with the last arc. I know he had COVID but apparently that only effect the final days of shooting and maybe one scene ? But compared to arrow, the final season of that had him as the main part for each episode (bar that one future episode where they wanted a spinoff)

Then going into this finale. The main villains from each season being brought back to then be discarded so easily was such a strange strange choice.
As was not even mentioning Cisco.

The final scene was done well at least

Amir

Then going into this finale. The main villains from each season being brought back to then be discarded so easily was such a strange strange choice.
As was not even mentioning Cisco.
Yeah, those were weird. Maybe it had something to do with the schedules of some of the actors, but still, it was almost half hearted. Should have given it more time and over more than one episode.

Anyhow, no point in trying to figure out what went on in the heads of the people who already ruined the show years ago.

Sylar

Yeah, those were weird. Maybe it had something to do with the schedules of some of the actors, but still, it was almost half hearted. Should have given it more time and over more than one episode.

Anyhow, no point in trying to figure out what went on in the heads of the people who already ruined the show years ago.
Agreed :lol:

Tbh I'm quite happy this whole arrowverse is over, I felt like I was watching due to the investment. Biggest shame was the best one legends of tomorrow didn't get a proper finish

I don't count superman and Lois because that's completely separate

Amir

Tbh I'm quite happy this whole arrowverse is over, I felt like I was watching due to the investment. Biggest shame was the best one legends of tomorrow didn't get a proper finish\
Yeah, I'm the same. I only started watching arrowverse shows a few years after they started. I think Supergirl was my first, followed by The Flash, then Legends, and finally Arrow. So for I while I watched a lot of good stuff in a short space of time as I was catching up. And then, it went downhill. Oh well.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah, I'm the same. I only started watching arrowverse shows a few years after they started. I think Supergirl was my first, followed by The Flash, then Legends, and finally Arrow. So for I while I watched a lot of good stuff in a short space of time as I was catching up. And then, it went downhill. Oh well.
So I don't need to catch up on about 3 series worth of shite, how did it end? Did Barry continue being the flash?

Sylar

So I don't need to catch up on about 3 series worth of shite, how did it end? Did Barry continue being the flash?
he transfers his powers to three other people (newbies)

Tbh the very last scene with Barry Allen is really good and is a good ending in that sense
The villains and the fight is horrible however. The show made a mockery out of villains from the past like zoom, godspeed, savitar etc.

I'd suggest just looking for the end scene on YouTube however.

Big Andy

Bloke
he transfers his powers to three other people (newbies)

Tbh the very last scene with Barry Allen is really good and is a good ending in that sense
The villains and the fight is horrible however. The show made a mockery out of villains from the past like zoom, godspeed, savitar etc.

I'd suggest just looking for the end scene on YouTube however.
Here you go random people, have some super speed with no team to back you up or super running suit or any sort of information.

Yeah, Cheers Bazza. Thanks so much.