The Football Calendar post CV19 (aka get a big squad)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Looking that the restart plans it look to me that there is a crazy amount of football to be played over the next 18 months or so
the African Cup of Nations (bye bye Salah and Mane) was of course planned anyway but on top of that we now have

Till end of August 2020 (Finish 2020 seasons and European competitions)
Assuming a 2 week break between the end of 2020 season we start 2021 in Mid September
On top of the African cup we have world cup qualifying and the league games all to be condensed into a shorter window
Champions league due to finish at the end of May and in mid June till mid July we have Euro 2020 (2021)
We were also supposed to be starting seasons earlier to allow for playing the world cup in the winter in Quatar meaning we probably start the 2022 season very early august or even late July

potentially 4 weeks break in around 108 weeks for top players with international and european games - for people who are supposed to maintain top athletic performance that sounds like a recipe for injury to me

We were also supposed to be introducing a winter break and starting seasons earlier to allow for playing the world cup in the winter in Quatar.

Rotation and large squads would seem to be essential

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Inappropriate Behavior
The feck has this got to do with Jeremy Corbyn?