The Former United Youth/Reserves Thread

khoazany

16 years old Irish striker Rowan Roache who was released at 14 made his first team debut for Blackpool yesterday from the bench.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
16 years old Irish striker Rowan Roache who was released at 14 made his first team debut for Blackpool yesterday from the bench.
Are they still a bit of a shambles or have they started to sort themselves out do you know?

khoazany

Are they still a bit of a shambles or have they started to sort themselves out do you know?
I still thought that they are in the League One or Championship until I checked Google. That should tell you how much I know or care about them :nervous:

khoazany

Ollie Rathbone scored 1 goal and was MoTM for Rochdale yesterday. They are sitting 5th in League One. Added him to my "lower league watch".
He scored again on the weekend as Rochdale beat league leader Scunthorpe United 3-2.

khoazany

Tyler Reid was in Swansea's travelling squad to West Brom on Wednesday and could be on the bench this weekend vs. Boro.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Ben Pearson starts for Preston v Arsenal.

First time I've had a chance to watch him since he left us permanently. Really enjoyed watching him in the academy over the last 5/6 years and hope he does well because he's a local lad with a lot of talent imo.

SkeppyRed

3 minutes in and Pearson has already won the ball back twice. Never seen a youth player make more interceptions than Pearson did for us.

NYAS

3 minutes in and Pearson has already won the ball back twice. Never seen a youth player make more interceptions than Pearson did for us.
I've seen him make at least 5 interceptions and it's only the 20th minute.

TwoSheds

Still think Pearson should take more of a chance in attack now and again. Looks a little bit as though he allows himself to be pigeon holed as a pure DM, but you can see he's got lovely shooting technique for example and I don't think you see enough of it.

Nonetheless, bossing the midfield battle in this game which is if course his primary job.

dutchred

Still think Pearson should take more of a chance in attack now and again. Looks a little bit as though he allows himself to be pigeon holed as a pure DM, but you can see he's got lovely shooting technique for example and I don't think you see enough of it.

Nonetheless, bossing the midfield battle in this game which is if course his primary job.
Still think he could make it in a mid table PL team. WBA, Middlesbrough, Hull etc

TwoSheds

Still think he could make it in a mid table PL team. WBA, Middlesbrough, Hull etc
I think he's more natural talent than Drinkwater so if he works hard I don't see why not.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Had played every single league game at Villa, Johnstone should be a clear no.1 now.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
wow wth happened to him? he was supposed to be our norgie messi... just looked him up and he's still 21, plenty of time to develop into a great player.
Wasn't Etzaz Hussain supposed to be that, too? But yeah, I remember being excited about Dæehli, too. Happens with most young attacking imports.

pascell

Preston are my home town team and my friends have season tickets there, I've watched them a few times play away when United don't play. He's developing in their best player and at a fast rate, he's very tenacious at winning the ball back and laying it off. His attacking play needs a bit of work on, when I last watched PNE away at Birmingham he beat 2-3 players and fluffed his shot in the box. I've told my mates that he'll be PL standard within a season or two, I can't see him being their long.

Sid234

Wasn't Etzaz Hussain supposed to be that, too? But yeah, I remember being excited about Dæehli, too. Happens with most young attacking imports.
Etzaz wanted 1st team football wayy too early if i remember right.. I think he wanted to be released to do that

ariel

sky:

JAMES BARNSLEY-BOUND?

Matty James is set to move from Leicester to Barnsley on loan, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The 25-year-old was injured for Leicester's title-winning campaign, but is now fully fit and in need of match practice.

He has made just on sub appearance since returning after over 19 months out with a serious knee injury.

Another example of (in my eyes) a great talent that injuries have ruined his career. At least will meet Ben Pearson.

pascell

sky:

JAMES BARNSLEY-BOUND?

Matty James is set to move from Leicester to Barnsley on loan, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The 25-year-old was injured for Leicester's title-winning campaign, but is now fully fit and in need of match practice.

He has made just on sub appearance since returning after over 19 months out with a serious knee injury.

Another example of (in my eyes) a great talent that injuries have ruined his career. At least will meet Ben Pearson.
19 months is a long time to be out, was a tidy player for them when he played too. Also, Ben Pearson is at PNE and doing really well for them.

m1y2

sky:

JAMES BARNSLEY-BOUND?

he would definitely become better than someone like Drinkwater had he not suffered form longterm injuries

ariel

19 months is a long time to be out, was a tidy player for them when he played too. Also, Ben Pearson is at PNE and doing really well for them.
Forgot Pearson is at PNE and not Barnsley.

Tom Lawrence is wanted by Newcastle and a couple of weeks ago Reece Brown, completely forgot about him, signed for Bury.

Sid234

sky:

JAMES BARNSLEY-BOUND?

James looked excellent after that loan spell at PNE, had a great engine on him with an excellent range of passing, almost lost a year to injury if I remember right

SkeppyRed

Tom Lawrence scores for Ipswich away at Preston.

Havent seen or read too much but it seems he's having a good season. Starting to fulfill the potential I think we all saw at United.

Yagami

Good post resistant
That's good to hear. He was always one of my favourites to watch from the academy.

khoazany

Someone needs to give Lawrence a chance in the PL. I have a feeling he would be quite entertaining.

Jaybomb

Brady would be a good signing for United I think. Wouldn't be expensive either and can play LB and LM.