Media Thread

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Absolutely. Also, we get CNN International here and it's definitely one of the better channels and often features very informative reports from different countries around the world. It's completely different than the US cable show which we also get here in the UK.

As for the Rhona Daniels kerfuffle. I'm kind of split in a way. I think it's important to highlight feckwits and their crazy conspiracies or completely unstable views. They need to be challenged and made to look as batshit as they really are. However, at the same time if they aren't handled appropriately and instead given a platform to spread those views then they definitely do more harm than good and are incredibly dangerous. The BBC has often got this wrong, especially on Question Time where they get loons on and often pander to them or tip toe around things not being pushed hard enough or countered properly. This often ends up leaving them able to shout louder and disrupt or completely destroy any valid and reasonable argument against them.

The trouble is, to truly be (and I hate quoting Fox) fair and balanced, sensible and honest debate and questioning is imperative. The conspiracies and hateful rhetoric need to be slapped down hard, not left unchallenged which ultimately ends in the further spreading of their crazy bullshit.
Yeah I’m not too concerned about the McDaniels hire given that CNN have also hired former Trump WH people. It’s how the networks operate these days.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Yeah I’m not too concerned about the McDaniels hire given that CNN have also hired former Trump WH people. It’s how the networks operate these days.
To be fair though, and I fecking despise that things have got so bad, especially in the US but also here in the UK too, although admittedly not quite as bad, but still incredibly worrisome. The fact that a massive part of the population thinks anything that is reported that goes against or doesn't reinforce their views is instantly either ignored, or worse, classed as fake news.

The level of distrust has risen exponentially and the main culprits of this are far right loons or grifters like Trump and Nigel Farage.

A level of distrust or skepticism is healthy and people should always try to fact check sources or verify credibility of things they read or see, but it's gone past that to the point now where even actual video proof and this includes live reporting is questioned or dismissed. The rise of AI generated images and video or photoshopped images has definitely not helped at all.

You only have to look on here, especially in the Israel thread where things have deteriorated to such a sad level. Yes, a fair few reports of acts allegedly carried out by Israel have proven to be false, but those are few and far between in comparison to those that have been instantly ignored or classed as fake news only to have been proven to actually be completely spot on. But even then, some refuse to accept it or admit they were wrong.

The worst example I've seen was a video in that thread and a bigger thread on Twitter where it showed unarmed Palestinians being shot in the street before a missile destroyed the building they were in. The entire Twitter feed was full of people claiming it was fake, AI generated or they were actually HAMAS terrorists being targeted as Israel would never kill innocent people.

I just find it so sad and depressing people can't admit they were wrong to the point where they will deny what is absolutely in front of their eyes. MAGA nuts are continuously doing this, but recently I've seen many Dems do it to and now here have seen it with Labour voters too.

I just don't know what the answer is or where we go from here to be honest.

langster

Scout

:lol:

Firstly, love that comment. Fair play, he may be a prick but he can take the piss out of himself. He does have his moments.

Secondly, well she lasted long :lol: I reckon it took me longer to write my drunken rambling post above than she lasted in her job at MSNBC. :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol:

Firstly, love that comment. Fair play, he may be a prick but he can take the piss out of himself. He does have his moments.

Secondly, well she lasted long :lol: I reckon it took me longer to write my drunken rambling post above than she lasted in her job at MSNBC. :lol:
She will still be on NBC news apparently,. Ultimatley, she is just one of many who got cucked by Trumpism (much like her uncle). Let's see how she fares on NBC.

langster

Scout
She will still be on NBC news apparently,. Ultimatley, she is just one of many who got cucked by Trumpism (much like her uncle). Let's see how she fares on NBC.
Hmmm, that sounds like Sergio Ramos in a fecking bad mood getting a yellow card. You just know the red is on its way.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hmmm, that sounds like Sergio Ramos in a fecking bad mood getting a yellow card. You just know the red is on its way.
The only think she has going for her is she's a traditional (not MAGA) Republican, which may save her ass in the end, since MSNBC has a fair amount of non-Maga refugees on their books already.

langster

Scout
The only think she has going for her is she's a traditional (not MAGA) Republican, which may save her ass in the end, since MSNBC has a fair amount of non-Maga refugees on their books already.
Aaaah, ok. I think NBC is the only channel we can't get here. Or at least, I haven't seen it or noticed it. Although saying that, Fox removed themselves due to low ratings and multiple OFCOM investigations. I watched it religiously for years in constant amazement at just how batshit it was back in the Bill'O, Beck, Hannity and Kelly years. When Jesse Waters was just a 60 second segment on Bill'O's show.

langster

Scout

So I've seen clips of the interview where Daniel's claims she was impartial and remained neutral despite evidence of her asking Nikki Haley to drop out of the race. Then I stumbled on to this... She's causing a massive issue and I can't see her lasting long. The amount of people saying they refuse to watch NBC made it trend on Twitter.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

So I've seen clips of the interview where Daniel's claims she was impartial and remained neutral despite evidence of her asking Nikki Haley to drop out of the race. Then I stumbled on to this... She's causing a massive issue and I can't see her lasting long. The amount of people saying they refuse to watch NBC made it trend on Twitter.
Although Todd is generally insufferable, his points are quite valid, especially when one considers all the old Ronna McDaniel tweets floating around Twitter where she is trashing MSNBC with Donald Trump style aplomb.

ManUtd1999

I cannot believe that NBC News has actually hired this woman and pays her 300k a year. Journalism is broken, but worse- the country is marching steadily in the wrong direction because of greedy people like the NBC bosses. The media gave us Trump and now this woman. I feel now better about quitting many programs and pretty much choosing not watch TV shows anymore, including on MSNBC that I used to watch. Despicable.

Hamnat

This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar.
Chuck Todd was totally right. What an insane hire. She doesn't get to wash all the stink away with this little apology tour. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

There is no balance achieved by putting the worst of these liars on the air. I get wanting GOP voices. But, if they aren't the few that are willing to accept reality and stay within the realm of facts then they are not worth it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This trying to be "balanced" while paying for the worst of the Election denier, gaslighting has even the regular reporters and staff at the network in an uproar.
Chuck Todd was totally right. What an insane hire. She doesn't get to wash all the stink away with this little apology tour. You promoted Trump, you promoted election deniers. You bashed "mainstream media, including NBC personally, for YEARS. And now they just hand her a check and want her to cozy up to the very reporters and network staff that she bashed an endangered by the threats and lies?

There is no "access" this cow can provide that is worth the taint of hiring her. She has zero credibility.

There is no balance achieved by putting the worst of these liars on the air. I get wanting GOP voices. But, if they aren't the few that are willing to accept reality and stay within the realm of facts then they are not worth it.
She's also not what one would consider "made for TV" in that her speaking style and general presentation skills seem more amenable to private meetings, such as one might have to do when running the administrative affairs of a political party. At least with other hires like Jen Psaki, Alyssa Farah, etc., they were either public spokespeople or involved in communications, where public presentation is needed.

Hamnat

She's also not what one would consider "made for TV" in that her speaking style and general presentation skills seem more amenable to private meetings, such as one might have to do when running the administrative affairs of a political party. At least with other hires like Jen Psaki, Alyssa Farah, etc., they were either public spokespeople or involved in communications, where public presentation is needed.
I include her overt lies and disinformation in her general communication skill failure as well. I literally do not want to hear anything she has to say or her "opinions or views". I wouldn't watch her bs and would think less of the shows that have her for contributing panels even though some may be forced too to justify the hire.

I imagine the bigger names could keep her off their panels maybe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I include her overt lies and disinformation in her general communication skill failure as well. I literally do not want to hear anything she has to say or her "opinions or views". I wouldn't watch her bs and would think less of the shows that have her for contributing panels even though some may be forced too to justify the hire.

I imagine the bigger names could keep her off their panels maybe.
Also worth noting that she engaged in an epic form of political cuckery when she agreed to Donald Trump's request to drop Romney from her previously hyphenated surname as a final attempt at Trump to humiliate Mitt Romney for speaking publicly against Trump.

Hamnat

Also worth noting that she engaged in an epic form of political cuckery when she agreed to Donald Trump's request to drop Romney from her previously hyphenated surname as a final attempt at Trump to humiliate Mitt Romney for speaking publicly against Trump.
And I wont forget she was there when the RNC bought Don Jr's book so he could make the best sellers list. There is just no depth this cow hasnt sunk too. She can't just wave it away saying "That was the RNC now this is "me". Nope.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Jesus, this actually happened?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I wonder how Mitt reacted to that. Probably some interesting family dinner conversations.
Mitt wouldn't be able to complain much given how Trump politically cucked him as well in the record scratch pic in the restaurant when he was auditioning for SecState.