Media Thread

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
FOX AND FRIENDS PRESENTER: "Today our great president recommended driving a nail through your head, to cure the fake virus and release the evil spirits Obama placed there. Here's a graph I drew at lunchtime proving the efficacy of the president's advice."

GiddyUp

FOX AND FRIENDS PRESENTER: "Today our great president recommended driving a nail through your head, to cure the fake virus and release the evil spirits Obama placed there. Here's a graph I drew at lunchtime proving the efficacy of the president's advice."
Haha, I hope their hammer and nails are made in China.

SteveJ

Scout
Obviously Bernie Stalin refuses to recognise that his job is to make the richer wealthier. ;)

SteveJ

Scout
He always looks as if his hair and eyebrows are about to fall off.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

Fox News published digitally altered and misleading photos on stories about Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in what photojournalism experts called a clear violation of ethical standards for news organizations.

As part of a package of stories Friday about the zone, where demonstrators have taken over several city blocks on Capitol Hill after Seattle police abandoned the East Precinct, Fox’s website for much of the day featured a photo of a man standing with a military-style rifle in front of what appeared to be a smashed retail storefront.

The image was actually a mashup of photos from different days, taken by different photographers — it was done by splicing a Getty Images photo of an armed man, who had been at the protest zone June 10, with other images from May 30 of smashed windows in downtown Seattle. Another altered image combined the gunman photo with yet another image, making it appear as though he was standing in front of a sign declaring “You are now entering Free Cap Hill.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl..._medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1

Drifter

American
Fox News host Maria Bartiromo grills Peter Navarro on Trump's poll number

Republicans are panicking now. Chinese communist party? This is the hill they want to die on.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Republicans are panicking now. Chinese communist party? This is the hill they want to die on.

:lol: Comedy Gold.

I'm actually old enough to remember when the likes of Bartiromo, Dobbs, and Varney worked for other networks and were considered normal journos.

GiddyUp

District of chaos. The white house probably spend half the day arguing who comes up with these stupid names so they get a greasy slap on the back from dear leader.

GiddyUp

I'm actually old enough to remember when the likes of Bartiromo, Dobbs, and Varney worked for other networks and were considered normal journos.
When you suck the hate milk from a saggy teeth on a big fat dirty pig like Roger Ailes it changes your brain chemistry. That on top of a load of filthy cash would make these tv people do and say anything.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Yep, me too. I never gleaned then any of the sheer craziness in those three that we see now. It was obviously always in them though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
District of chaos. The white house probably spend half the day arguing who comes up with these stupid names so they get a greasy slap on the back from dear leader.
That zinger might go on a CV accomplishment section.

SteveJ

Scout
Fauci comes under fire

As coronavirus cases surge across the US, Dr Anthony Fauci, who lead’s the CDC’s pandemic response, is facing growing backlash from conservative leaders fed up with his warnings about states’ reopening efforts.

“He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I don’t need his advice anymore,” Texas lieutenant governor Dan Patrick told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham.

Ingraham went on to accuse Fauci of working for Donald’s Trump Democratic rival, Joe Biden.

:rolleyes:

SteveJ

Scout
Yesterday, Fox News roped in Superman (actor Dean Cain) to say: "I promise you that Superman - I - wouldn't today be allowed to say ‘truth, justice, and the American way.’"
Cain - who in recent years starred in such blockbuster hits as Andy, the Talking Hedgehog (I kid you not), went on to claim that superheroes are 'cops with capes'.

SteveJ

Scout
Fox News anchor inadvertently reads dialogue from 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' thinking it was real discord between anarchists in Seattle's autonomous zone:

Carolina Red

Staff
Yesterday, Fox News roped in Superman (actor Dean Cain) to say: "I promise you that Superman - I - wouldn't today be allowed to say ‘truth, justice, and the American way.’"
Cain - who in recent years starred in such blockbuster hits as Andy, the Talking Hedgehog (I kid you not), went on to claim that superheroes are 'cops with capes'.
The film also starred Tara Reid.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Fox News’ Howard Kurtz Addresses Tucker Carlson Head Writer Resigning: Online Posts Showed ‘Very Ugly Stuff

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-new...esigning-online-posts-showed-very-ugly-stuff/

Look at them trying to make out that Tucker Carlson never knew about this man. Hope more sponsors jump ship over this.
You. Don’t. Say. Incels like this have undertaken mass casualty events when their carefully-constructed worlds crumble.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Sometimes i wonder.

Does fox stupiditify Americans. Or americans stupiditify fox. Let's face it this is what they want. The day fox becomes not fox the day they'll lose viewers
I think just how wwf/wwe had to rebrand as "sports entertainment" because it isn't actual sport we will see fox going full on "news entertainment" and doubling down and going full qanon

Dr. StrangeHate

Sometimes i wonder.

Does fox stupiditify Americans. Or americans stupiditify fox. Let's face it this is what they want. The day fox becomes not fox the day they'll lose viewers
I don't think fox are malicious or misleading for the sake of it. They are in it for the money and fake news is where the money is. If there was more money in truth, they would have been great at that as well.

Drifter

American
Tucker Carlson Steps Down for a Couple of Days After Writer Exposed as “Horrific Racist”

GiddyUp

Sometimes i wonder.

I've witnessed it with family members. Right before my eyes I could see them slip in to bigotry and whataboutisms. Some of the arguments have been mind numbing. And don't get me started on the hypocrisy. I've given them alternatives for real information and facts so they can form a structured opinion for themselves but apparently Obama ruined the world an the Clinton's are responsible for everything we see today and there's no point.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
@GiddyUp sounds like much of my family. I no longer listen nor engage them on philosophical, political, and religious topics. I no longer try to educate them over things like confederacy, racism, etc. I'm the only one that managed to educate myself above high school, who managed to find a good profession, who moved away from the bubble. My cousin has since moved away as well, but her hubby is Army and after his retirement they elected to remain in Germany for the time being, so hopefully they're seeing reality different.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@GiddyUp sounds like much of my family. I no longer listen nor engage them on philosophical, political, and religious topics. I no longer try to educate them over things like confederacy, racism, etc. I'm the only one that managed to educate myself above high school, who managed to find a good profession, who moved away from the bubble. My cousin has since moved away as well, but her hubby is Army and after his retirement they elected to remain in Germany for the time being, so hopefully they're seeing reality different.
@GiddyUp , @MrMarcello Why this does not sound like most of my family it increasingly sounds like my hero, my father. He is the kindest, most selfless person I know, but he only watches Fox News. My sister and I have observed him become more and more reserved over the last few years because Fox News tells him he needs to be afraid, and because you can also see him struggle internally as Fox News talking points war with his naturally kind soul. I hate Fox News more than anything in this world, even more than Trump, for doing this to my father. We now try to avoid talking politics with him, and if it comes up we always ask him two question:

1. Whose vision of the future do you want your grandkids growing up in?
2. Whose side of this debate would Jesus be on (he is devoutly Catholic)?

He cannot ever answer these questions, because to do so would be to acknowledge that his Fox News talking point are at odds with everything he used to hold dear. I hate those bastards.