Media Thread

Drifter

American
OUCH! moment TrumpTv Neil Cavuto is so bored listening to Trump he stops the live feed

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
@GiddyUp sounds like much of my family. I no longer listen nor engage them on philosophical, political, and religious topics. I no longer try to educate them over things like confederacy, racism, etc. I'm the only one that managed to educate myself above high school, who managed to find a good profession, who moved away from the bubble. My cousin has since moved away as well, but her hubby is Army and after his retirement they elected to remain in Germany for the time being, so hopefully they're seeing reality different.
My father grew up in a very poor school in Mumbai, he and a few other classmates got to university. He met one of them recently, found out that he had moved to Dallas decades ago. They met a few times after. I'll summarise the politics part of it:
Sean Hannity is the only good anchor on TV, Fox the only good network not taken over by liberals. The WMDs exist, Saddam hid them in Syria and Obama covered it up. Trump, stock exchange, etc. He was a Cruz supporter and was initially unhappy Trump won but was very satisfied with him (this was all from 2018).
So apparently you don't even need to be born with it, or even born in the same country, to get indoctrinated by Fox.

Drifter

American
Fox Business host shouts down Trump spokesman for calling network's polls 'junk'

Drifter

American
Rupert Murdoch's son resigns from News Corporation board

Rupert Murdoch's son James has resigned from the board of News Corporation, citing "disagreements over certain editorial content" published by the media empire's news outlets.

According to documents filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Mr Murdoch informed the company he was resigning from the Board of Directors with immediate effect.

In his resignation letter dated Friday, he wrote: "Ladies and Gentlemen: I hereby tender my resignation as a member of the Board of Directors of News Corporation (the "Company"), effective as of the date hereof.

"My resignation is due to disagreements over certain editorial content published by the Company's news outlets and certain other strategic decisions."

The nature of the disagreements or the news outlets in question were not disclosed.

Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of News Corporation, and his other son Lachlan, co-chairman, issued a joint statement on Friday.

The pair said: "We're grateful to James for his many years of service to the company. We wish him the very best in his future endeavours."

Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation covers media outlets across the globe including The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times - as well as Harper Collins Publishers in the UK.

News Corporation also owns the New York Post in the US and the Dow Jones brand, which includes financial brand the Wall Street Journal.

The Australian arm of the company further owns a number of local and national papers and broadcasters.

Outside of News Corporation, the 89-year-old media mogul also owns 20th Century Fox and the Fox network, including Fox News.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Pity. Would've been nicer if he had taken over and steered Fox into more reasonable territory. (Was never going to happen - I know.)

Drifter

American
‘They hate white people’: Giuliani attacks Black Lives Matter for ‘trying to overthrow our way of life’

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
‘They hate white people’: Giuliani attacks Black Lives Matter for ‘trying to overthrow our way of life’

So much lies and bullshit here but "they want to do away with the 'mother-father family' Fathers are not necessary?" Where do they even get these ideas?

Its obviously meant to feed into the whole "Traditional American Values" frame and the strategy that "Liberals want to tear down your traditional American values" but this is just crazy talk. Sadly a lot of uninformed, not well-read fools will buy into this.

What's crazy where I live, I've seen a lot more blue-collar work trucks with Trump stickers than I ever saw with Bush (let alone McCain and Romney) - even ones from Hispanic and Black workers. These lies do appeal to a large number of people in a way Bush/McCain/Romney couldn't.

Conor

I think the Trump era Republican spin doctors etc. have really connected with the idiots of America solely because there is no subtlety in how they communicate their ideologies, like previous campaigns may have. They have gone in deep, from suggesting nonsensical conspiracy theories, to just saying outright racist things from the White House media room. If you are a stupid racist, sexist, whateverist, there is no way you're going to miss that these guys are the party for you.

Drifter

American
Nancy Pelosi owns Chris Wallace: 'Clearly you don't have an understanding of what is happening here'

Bet they never went back and forth like this when they had the tax cut for the rich.

Revan

Assumptionman
She is good, never really got lefties hate for her. Her voice though is so annoying.

Wallace is ok. No idea how Fox hasn’t fired him long ago, he is actually a registered Democrat.

Revan

Assumptionman
Apparently so, although he says that he has voted for both Democrats and Republicans.

He is actually quite impartial, as shown by grilling Trump in the last interview, and then fact-checking what Trump said. Though probably the thing that irritated Trump most was Wallace not being impressed that Trump passed a cognitive test, and telling Trump that in the test there were questions like 'find the elephant in the picture'.

MarylandMUFan

Harris is a wolf in wolf clothing. I am saddened that this is the route the DNC went. They already have California so there is no gain there. Is she going to rally the women/minority fringe voters to get out and vote like Obama did? I seriously doubt it. I don't think Biden wins the key Great Lakes states and I am not sure he wins Florida. We really could be looking at another 4 years of Trump.

freeurmind

weak willed
Harris is a wolf in wolf clothing. I am saddened that this is the route the DNC went. They already have California so there is no gain there. Is she going to rally the women/minority fringe voters to get out and vote like Obama did? I seriously doubt it. I don't think Biden wins the key Great Lakes states and I am not sure he wins Florida. We really could be looking at another 4 years of Trump.
Was there any of the possible Veep picks who could deliver those? For the record I think Harris is awful as well but in fairness they all were.

GiddyUp

Doubt it. Biden I think will be more than competitive in those states.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I have said consistently that I fully expect Trump to win a second term quite easily and I've not seen much to change my mind since then unfortunately. I really hope I'm wrong though - the media narrative is that Trump is 100% going to lose but frankly I think that is wishful thinking and it's at least going to be much closer than they are reporting.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
They've currently got one article covering Trump's labeling of Harris as the most lefty liberal, and another saying how progressives are slamming Harris for being too conservative, both on the front page.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Harris wasn't my preferred choice, but its worth pointing out that the center of mass in the Democratic party is still black women, and women in general - so obviously Biden was going to be incentivized to select someone who could tap into both demographics. If these groups are energized to turn out, then Biden's chances of winning go up even higher than where they already are.

edcunited1878

Chris Wallace smacks down Fox News panel for excusing vigilantes

"On the argument on vigilante justice...when you have no police around to defend businesses from people who are being attacked and their livelihoods being burned to the ground, then there is a void that is filled."

fecking asinine comment to justify or reason that vigilante justice is happening. Vigilantes don't give a shit about businesses, they think they are the law and give themselves his right to harm people because they think it's righteous, whether it's right or wrong. The legal law enforcement agencies do what they do and do what they can. That doesn't mean some outside agent (vigilantes) can just rock up and do what they think is right with weapons. Kyle Wittenhouse wasn't even from the state of Wisconsin and was being groomed or had real interest in being a police officer. He's 17 years old ffs! He's not in the right frame of mind emotionally or mentally, he's a teenager. Cannot even vote and he's a vigilante because he's filling a void? Oh do feck off.