Media Thread

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
On the next segment I fully expect the anchor to tell us of the time he went to Hawaii to see the crashed Luftwaffe planes when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.
Next on Fox we discuss a new documentary discussing WWII. Here is a clip of a speech given by noted expert Bluto

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
https://www.tampabay.com/news/flori...future-of-the-party-and-hes-taking-advantage/

Inside Fox News, DeSantis is ‘the future of the party.’ And he’s taking advantage.
Emails show the Florida governor is in high demand on the network — and gets his way.

--The details of this staged news event were captured in four months of emails between Fox and DeSantis’ office, obtained by the Tampa Bay Times through a records request. The correspondences, which totaled 1,250 pages, lay bare how DeSantis has wielded the country’s largest conservative megaphone and show a striking effort by Fox to inflate the Republican’s profile.

From the week of the 2020 election through February, the network asked DeSantis to appear on its airwaves 113 times, or nearly once a day. Sometimes, the requests came in bunches — four, five, even six emails in a matter of hours from producers who punctuated their overtures with flattery. (“The governor spoke wonderfully at CPAC,” one producer wrote in March.)---

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
https://www.tampabay.com/news/flori...future-of-the-party-and-hes-taking-advantage/

Inside Fox News, DeSantis is ‘the future of the party.’ And he’s taking advantage.
Emails show the Florida governor is in high demand on the network — and gets his way.

--The details of this staged news event were captured in four months of emails between Fox and DeSantis’ office, obtained by the Tampa Bay Times through a records request. The correspondences, which totaled 1,250 pages, lay bare how DeSantis has wielded the country’s largest conservative megaphone and show a striking effort by Fox to inflate the Republican’s profile.

From the week of the 2020 election through February, the network asked DeSantis to appear on its airwaves 113 times, or nearly once a day. Sometimes, the requests came in bunches — four, five, even six emails in a matter of hours from producers who punctuated their overtures with flattery. (“The governor spoke wonderfully at CPAC,” one producer wrote in March.)---
what a weird choice to be the future of the party. His only qualification is that he, barely, won the Florida governorship. His COVID performance should qualify as manslaughter, his voter suppression as a civil rights violation, and his environmental policies as crimes against humanity. Actually, I take it back, he is the perfect republican.

Jericholyte2

what a weird choice to be the future of the party. His only qualification is that he, barely, won the Florida governorship. His COVID performance should qualify as manslaughter, his voter suppression as a civil rights violation, and his environmental policies as crimes against humanity. Actually, I take it back, he is the perfect republican.
Had a different reply ready before I got to your last sentence. Yeah he’s a prototypical Republican these days. However I can’t shake the feeling that Trump will run again for 2024.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Had a different reply ready before I got to your last sentence. Yeah he’s a prototypical Republican these days. However I can’t shake the feeling that Trump will run again for 2024.
I am 100% sure Trump will run in 24. His ego will not let him do otherwise. I also have a suspicion that his ego will not allow him to pick someone as well known as DeSantis as VP.

the morbidly fascinating thing to watch will be if anyone primaries Trump if he runs.

MrMarcello

I am 100% sure Trump will run in 24. His ego will not let him do otherwise. I also have a suspicion that his ego will not allow him to pick someone as well known as DeSantis as VP.

the morbidly fascinating thing to watch will be if anyone primaries Trump if he runs.
Nutters realizing they have to choose between DeSantis and Trump.
"Why can't they be co-President?! They should change the rules!" echoed one voter to the rapturous applause of a few nearby.
"You mean we have to choose between them? Trump loves us and all the things I have read online tell me that DeSantis is the greatest and he owns the libs!" said one frustrated man.
In the distance screams were heard as one man's head exploded for an unknown reason.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm becoming increasingly certain that the US will either split/collapse or descend into genuine authoritarianism well within my lifetime. The idea of The West is dying, Europe can no longer align itself and their interests with the Americans.

Doom and gloom merchant, thy name is me.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm speechless. When sponsors pull out does Fox cancel Tucker soon?
No way. Fox will hide behind some sort of ‘Carlson’s views as an independent journalist don’t reflect those of Fox News’ blah blah blah & not take any direct fire from this ‘documentary.’

Whatever sponsors are still with Carlson won’t care an iota about this doc. If they’ve stayed this long with him, it’s all baked in now.

MrMarcello

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/30/media/reliable-sources-fox-news-carlson-trutherism/index.html
Fox News' Tucker Carlson problem

Fox News is not officially commenting on the record, but it seems the right-wing talk network is quietly trying to distance itself from Tucker Carlson's 1/6 trutherism.

That's the takeaway from this story by Daily Dot's David Covucci. He wrote on Friday that after his outlet published a story on Carlson's 1/6 special series, titled "Patriot Purge," the Fox News PR department reached out.

Fox PR intended its request to be off the record, but Covucci correctly noted that *both* parties must agree to go off the record before it is binding. "The Daily Dot did not agree to Fox's demand when it was sent this quote, and thus is not bound by the request," Covucci explained to readers. "Plus, you should know that even Fox News wants to distance itself from Carlson's documentary."

So what was the request from the unnamed spokesperson? According to Covucci, it read as follows: "Can you please add so it's clear that these new episodes are for FOX Nation? The subscription based streaming platform that is behind a paywall. I don't see that noted anywhere in the piece. Tucker Carlson Originals is not for the channel."

That's, of course, not something you would want outside news organizations to stress if you were genuinely proud of the work. It's hard to imagine that Carlson will be very happy when he learns of this. It is also worth noting that while the entire 1/6 docuseries will indeed be behind a paywall on Fox Nation, some of this content will almost certainly make its way onto Carlson's prime time show.

Cheney's office publishes emails with Carlson's team
But you can understand why the C-suite bosses in NYC are wanting to distance the network from Carlson's craziness, even as they allow it to keep airing. The channel is facing significant scrutiny over the forthcoming conspiracy series, including from prominent Republicans like Liz Cheney — someone who is not backing down in her criticism of Carlson.

After Cheney on Thursday called out Carlson for promoting 1/6 trutherism, the Fox propagandist invited her on his show. When Cheney declined, Carlson called her a coward. But he did not include the statement Cheney's spokesperson provided the show, explaining her rationale for not appearing.

Cheney spokesperson Jeremy Adler posted that statement on Friday, showing the email exchange he had with Carlson's booker. The statement Adler had provided Carlson's show read, "Tucker has had countless opportunities to explain to his viewers that the election was not stolen. Instead, he continues to promote dangerous conspiracies using the language that provoked violence against law enforcement and our Capitol on January 6th. Liz will not participate in that." Oof...