Chong

Release
Jones
Tuanzebe

Buy
Kane or Osimhen
Dumfries
Livaković (Goal keeper)
Can't remember the last time we brought in two free transfers during a window let alone five,also don't feel we need Kante but definitely take Rabiot (provided his mum has reduced the demands)

Erik the Red

Bring in on a free transfer
Skriniar
Tielemens
Kante
Rabiot
Dembele

Sell
Maguire
McTominay
AWB
Elanga
Telles
Bailly
Chong

Release
Jones
Tuanzebe

Buy
Kane or Osimhen
Dumfries
Livaković (Goal keeper)
I can't see us bringing in 5 free signings, and personally I think Kante is finished. Ndicka is the other one that I would look at - shame Laimer went to Bayern and Moukoko extended at Dortmund.

We should be looking at teenagers like Evan Ferguson, Jamal Musiala, etc., and engage with their agents already now so that when they are available for free in 3 years time we have done the groundwork. Bayern do this a lot with the best talent in Germany.

Free signings would allow us to sell the "fat" in the squad, like Maguire, AWB, Mctominay, etc., and use these players as cover and to provide real competition for the first XI.

Ideally we should reach the point where we can spend big on one player per season, bring in an attractive prospect, and one or two free agents to fill gaps in the squad. Hopefully ETH will bring stability and we won't need complete rebuilds every year.

lysglimt

Scout
For some reason I really want Adama Traore. Bringing on Adama and Garnacho in last 30 min will give defences heart attacks.
Traore is the most useless footballer in the P.L - if Wikipedia has an entry for "no end-product" there is a picture of Traore there. 9 goals and 14 assists in 170+ matches is simply awful for any attacking midfielder/winger. It's what a really good player gets in a season.

To compare - if AWB plays regularly for the next 12 months - and picks up 3 more assists, he will have as many assists as Traore in the P.L - in the same amount of matches.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
If we could sell Maguire and McT and pick up Ndicka and Tielemans that would be class, but no way that's happening. I imagine Barca will be all over the majority of this list like vultures anyway.

croadyman

If we could sell Maguire and McT and pick up Ndicka and Tielemans that would be class, but no way that's happening. I imagine Barca will be all over the majority of this list like vultures anyway.
Yeah they would both be shrewd moves

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Given that we are unlikely to be able to make multiple big signings, and we need ST more than CM, I'd be all for Tielemans on a free. He's 25 and a good player, maybe not quite good enough ultimately but plenty good to be part of the squad and be given a shot as a starter. Spend the money we have available on Kane or Osimhen, get Tielemans as a CM on a free (or someone like that), and then replace Maguire and McTominay with just similar priced players but better profiles for CB and DM, and younger.

The only other free agent I'd be interested in is Benzema in the scenario that we spend big on Frenkie or Enzo.

croadyman

Given that we are unlikely to be able to make multiple big signings, and we need ST more than CM, I'd be all for Tielemans on a free. He's 25 and a good player, maybe not quite good enough ultimately but plenty good to be part of the squad and be given a shot as a starter. Spend the money we have available on Kane or Osimhen, get Tielemans as a CM on a free (or someone like that), and then replace Maguire and McTominay with just similar priced players but better profiles for CB and DM, and younger.

The only other free agent I'd be interested in is Benzema in the scenario that we spend big on Frenkie or Enzo.
Could we get agents Rapha & Casa on case for Benzema,suspect he isn't open to coming here though so late in his career

dinostar77

Could we get agents Rapha & Casa on case for Benzema,suspect he isn't open to coming here though so late in his career
You never know he may want to try the PL. Besides if madrid sign a big name striker this summer they may offload benzema.

croadyman

You never know he may want to try the PL. Besides if madrid sign a big name striker this summer they may offload benzema.
Benzema (yes I know he's 36), Weghorst (if we made it permanent) & Kane/Osimhen now that is mouthwatering

Bwuk

Tielemans as a squad player could be ok, but I'd be worried about his attitude & application. I'm not overly convinced he's what we need either.

In the 4-2-3-1 which I assume we will continue to play, it's someone to play deep next to Casemiro, and potentially cover for Casemiro that we need. I'd be happy going into next year with Bruno/Eriksen/Amad as options at 10.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Bring in on a free transfer
Skriniar
Tielemens
Kante
Rabiot
Dembele

Sell
Maguire
McTominay
AWB
Elanga
Telles
Bailly
Chong

Release
Jones
Tuanzebe

Buy
Kane or Osimhen
Dumfries
Livaković (Goal keeper)
Chong already moved permanently to Birmingham

bringbackbebe

It'd be a good deal if we can get Skriniar in on a free and sell both Maguire and Lindelof. That's 50-70m extra available to spend on other transfers and we won't be worse off.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Tielemans to rotate with Eriksen is sensible transfer imo to allow us buying expensive striker. Look at Arsenal midfield, Xhaka and Partey, they still manage to play good dominant football. Through coaching, you can develop and utilise players’ talent to fit the system and play good dominant football. Tielemans has potential to fit into ten Hag system.

Teja

I'd really love for us to be a bit more active in tapping up these guys. Tielemans and Rabiot especially given we don't have money.

Yet another really obvious chance like the one we had with Brozovic and Kessie a year and half or so ago.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'd really love for us to be a bit more active in tapping up these guys. Tielemans and Rabiot especially given we don't have money.

Yet another really obvious chance like the one we had with Brozovic and Kessie a year and half or so ago.
I'd guess that the higher profile free agents are probably going to expect Herrera/Ramsey type deals with massive signing on fees or wages that could end up not costing much less than paying a transfer fee for them would.

Not sure we're going to save huge amounts of money there.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I hope we come back for Tielemans, it seems like he was keen to come at the start of the season.

We can then turf Sambi Lokonga and have Tielemans as a legitimate squad option to rotate with Xhaka (unless he decides to leave, in which case Tielemans could replace him).

Keiro

Yeah these are the really obvious ones.
100%. So obvious we won’t do it. Sign Raya for £20 and sell Maguire and McTominay and we’re in much better shape with minimal outlay. Could spend our budget on a Casemiro back-up. One can dream. Only Issue is the 17 foreigners rule.

croadyman

Think Rabiot could be quality signing IF his mother has lowered demands from last summer

Last edited:

croadyman

Could Rapha & Casa sell Utd project to free agents Kroos (9 years late) or even Benzema (14 years late). Can't see it in a million years but imagine having them to call on.

Meanwhile back to realistic options so would go for two of Ndicka,Aouar/Tielemans or Thuram who would provide some real useful depth.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah these are the really obvious ones.
It is hard to imagine Ndicka will go to a club that he won't be a starter given he is 23, not 19 or 32. Chelsea perhaps given their aging center backs in the squad?

Zlatattack

Messi please, just so we can say both modern GOAT's played in a United Shirt. We carried Mata for years, we can have Messi for a season or two.