The Free Transfer Market summer 2023

Hughes35

A few really good buys on that list that would help our rebuild massively.

The ones to target:

Rabiot
Skriniar
Ndicka
Tielemans

Maybe Thuram and Jorginho too.

Just makes so much sense to add decent squad quality for a reduced cost.

Edit - Is it weird I'd also like us to sign Keita and from him to be awesome?

croadyman

The ones to target:

Rabiot
Skriniar
Ndicka
Tielemans

Maybe change one of CB's for Dembele but totally agree with the rest. As someone else said earlier can't see us going back for Rabiot after shenanigans with Veronique last summer.

Last edited:

Rojofiam

The ones to target:

Rabiot
Skriniar
Ndicka
Tielemans

I'd take Rabiot but didn't they reject our wage offer?

Skriniar would be a good signing, but he'd have to accept that he's not an automatic starter since we have Varane (+Maguire and Lindelöf currently).

Ndicka would be good if we didn't already have Licha, no need for him anymore.

I'd take Tielemans.

croadyman

Can get some decent talent here for literally nothing but will we take a leaf from Eriksen book and actually utilise it though

NYAS

Would absolutely love us to get Kamada on a free and sell Donny.

IRN-BRUno

Wasn't Arambarri linked to us about 18 months ago? No idea if he's good enough but could be someone we'd still be interested in as back-up DM

davidmichael

Ndicka, Rabiot and Zaha for depth then move on Henderson, Tuanzebe, Maguire, Bailly, Jones, Williams, Telles, McTominay, VDB, Chong and Elanga then go all out for Kane and De Jong/Bellingham in the summer.

SAFMUTD

For some reason I really want Adama Traore. Bringing on Adama and Garnacho in last 30 min will give defences heart attacks.
He's as useful as Daniel James. The definition of pace merchant, will outrun everysingle player only to make a cross or take a shot that will inevitably end up out of the stadium.

Lee565

Skriniar is 100% going to psg so no point attempting to sign him.

Ndicka would be great as we could then sell both Maguire and lindelof to make 70+ million back.

Thuram would be great as well and means we can get rid of martial

Kamada and wouldn't be against signing jorginho or kroos if we don't have great options for a deep lying playmaker next to casemiro.

Laimer is really good but seems like Bayern has already tapped him up.

Wild card would be aouar who seems to have not been the same player since lyon wouldn't let him move to arsenal.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Tielemans, De Vrij and Zaha would be great, they’d all challenge the first team, Zaha would be a starter and possibly Tielemans.

Bring in a 25-goal no 9 and thats a brilliant summer transfer window imo.

croadyman

Skriniar is 100% going to psg so no point attempting to sign him.

Ndicka would be great as we could then sell both Maguire and lindelof to make 70+ million back.

Thuram would be great as well and means we can get rid of martial

Kamada and wouldn't be against signing jorginho or kroos if we don't have great options for a deep lying playmaker next to casemiro.

Laimer is really good but seems like Bayern has already tapped him up.

Wild card would be aouar who seems to have not been the same player since lyon wouldn't let him move to arsenal.
Yeah amazing Aouar hasn't been already picked up by somebody, would be great to pick up either Jorginho/Kroos and if they are free agents we should be negotiating now to put deals in place for the summer

Ted Lasso

Wow. That's a great list. Plenty of players who would add better depth than we have currently and one or two that could compete for a starting spot.

Waynne

The ones to target:

Rabiot
Skriniar
Ndicka
Tielemans

Dunno about Rabiot after last transfer window but I'd happily take any of them.

Massive upgrade over some of the players we have at the moment, especially in midfield.

croadyman

Wow. That's a great list. Plenty of players who would add better depth than we have currently and one or two that could compete for a starting spot.
Will we actually sign more than maybe one despite there being some real quality available

Blood Mage

Skriniar
Ndicka
Kamada
Jorginho
Laimer

Would all be very decent pick ups
Jorginho on a free would be amazing and I think we could tempt him if ours and Chelsea's league positions don't significantly change by the summer.

NoPace

People really saying Zaha?

Another left winger is just what we need.
If he comes here it’s to play as our 9. Could make a case he can do the thing Martial does which is turn defenders when he’s back to goal and we play the ball into him, and he’s a genuine threat in behind. He’s kept Edouard out of the team.

If we don’t get Kane or another top striker he’s probably a better bet to score 20 in the league than Martial or Weghorst, and he has the pace and experience as a winger in theory to press okay, though he’d win less balls in the middle than Weghorst and maybe not as smart as Martial as a 9.

Have to take him over Thuram and Dembele I think. Then in 2024 you sign an expensive young striker or Kane on a free and move Martial on or just don’t pick up his option and let him go for free.

Ted Lasso

Will we actually sign more than maybe one despite there being some real quality available
No idea. But ETH did go after Eriksen on a free, so he's def aware of this I'm sure. When's the last time we did a free transfer before that?

Lee565

I think as always the glazers will screw a lot of our planning up for next season as they will not be eager to commit to any new signings whilst they try to sell the club.

History has shown over the years that we really need to step up our game in free transfer market and not again be left in scenario of scrapping the barrel for mediocre stop gaps at either the very end of the summer window and during the winter one.

croadyman

No idea. But ETH did go after Eriksen on a free, so he's def aware of this I'm sure. When's the last time we did a free transfer before that?
Not sure will have a look into it,unless someone in here already knows the answer of course

IRN-BRUno

Florian Thauvin just had his contract cancelled in Mexico. Still only 29, could be a decent 6 month option to allow Elanga/Pellistri to leave on loan.

FerociousCorgis

club needs to find some good squad options for sure in the free market. Move on players like mctominay and find better fits within out of contract players to save money for the big purchases.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he comes here it’s to play as our 9. Could make a case he can do the thing Martial does which is turn defenders when he’s back to goal and we play the ball into him, and he’s a genuine threat in behind. He’s kept Edouard out of the team.

If we don’t get Kane or another top striker he’s probably a better bet to score 20 in the league than Martial or Weghorst, and he has the pace and experience as a winger in theory to press okay, though he’d win less balls in the middle than Weghorst and maybe not as smart as Martial as a 9.

Have to take him over Thuram and Dembele I think. Then in 2024 you sign an expensive young striker or Kane on a free and move Martial on or just don’t pick up his option and let him go for free.
Martial and Zaha are entirely different types of players. Zaha isn't a forward who can hold the ball and lay it off. Zaha train is gone.

NoPace

Martial and Zaha are entirely different types of players. Zaha isn't a forward who can hold the ball and lay it off. Zaha train is gone.
He can turn, though, and move left when Rashford comes inside and also combine with him center left like Martial does. It could work.

Nickosaur

Ndicka - cover for Martinez
Tielemans - another body in CM
Thuram - cover for ST

croadyman

club needs to find some good squad options for sure in the free market. Move on players like mctominay and find better fits within out of contract players to save money for the big purchases.
Yeah without doubt we need squad depth but it's all about making shrewd deals

Wheato

Bring in on a free transfer
Skriniar
Tielemens
Kante
Rabiot
Dembele

Sell
Maguire
McTominay
AWB