Television The Grand Tour (Prime Video)

hobbers

Was amazed health and safety let them do a drag race down a pitch black tunnel with a concrete wall at the other end. Also the ground looked practically polished.

A miracle Clarkson didnt crash going first.

Swedish_Plumber

The entire stunt was a bit too reckless. Dead end at the end of the tunnel and not sufficient lighting was a recipe for disaster
Yeah in hindsight it was. Think they’ve done a fair few similar stunts in the past and thankfully avoided disaster.

Wonder if their increasing ages and that accident will temper what they do in future specials.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A decent enough watch, but I agree with the earlier comment about the obviously staged bits like Hammond and the ski lift and Clarkson setting his shed/trailer thing on fire which was very an obviously intentional bit.

May’s crash in the tunnel was pretty shocking and extremely stupid as a concept.

lsd

The Oracle
Hammond looked like he was having flashbacks when he got the news of May's crash. May clearly in shock when he got out of the car yet some idiots claimin it was staged.

Strange Clarkson is the only one who hasn't had a bad crash considering he drives the quickest and thinks power answers everything.

Unless he is just the better driver or he always picks the best car

Ending looks like it sets up another episode coming soon hopefully

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hammond looked like he was having flashbacks when he got the news of May's crash. May clearly in shock when he got out of the car yet some idiots claimin it was staged.

Strange Clarkson is the only one who hasn't had a bad crash considering he drives the quickest and thinks power answers everything.

Unless he is just the better driver or he always picks the best car

Ending looks like it sets up another episode coming soon hopefully
Some bits are obviously staged - like them coincidentally stopping at the top of a ski resort is too big a coincidence, them burning Clarkson's hut or whatever that was, etc. but you cant stage a car basically drowning in a frozen lake, nor can you stage that sort of an accident which always means that you'll end up with quite a bit of improvisation

Big Andy

Bloke
Some bits are obviously staged - like them coincidentally stopping at the top of a ski resort is too big a coincidence, them burning Clarkson's hut or whatever that was, etc. but you cant stage a car basically drowning in a frozen lake, nor can you stage that sort of an accident which always means that you'll end up with quite a bit of improvisation
That Evo going into the lake didn't look staged but then you had Hammond with his "I know a trick I learned on the internet" and then they conveniently had all the tools and know how to do it perfectly was a bit suss. I reckon it was made to look real, as no way they'd leave him sat on top of a car that could sink at any point and they'd have support cars with winches and shit if it was serious.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I guess it's my patriotic duty to watch this one, even though I lost interest in Top Gear originally when it started becoming more and more scripted. Some of the Grand Tour episodes have been fine, though.

Interesting decision to just straight up make up a fact in the opening shot, the one about the third most northerly football pitch. It didn't seem like it was supposed to be funny either.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That Evo going into the lake didn't look staged but then you had Hammond with his "I know a trick I learned on the internet" and then they conveniently had all the tools and know how to do it perfectly was a bit suss. I reckon it was made to look real, as no way they'd leave him sat on top of a car that could sink at any point and they'd have support cars with winches and shit if it was serious.
I believe they genuinely carry stuff like that because of the stupidity they carry out and I also think they have some sort of rescue crew with them at all times. Risking May in that condition with that stunt just couldn't have been completely staged IMO, although I agree that Hammond knowing that thing precisely and more importantly executing it perfectly seemed unrealistic

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
As someone who was in a serious crash not too long ago, I sort of wish May’s crash came with a warning at the start :lol: that was brutal and brought back some unwanted memories. As has already been said, I have absolutely no idea how they were given the go ahead to do that.

Old Ma Crow

The tunnel stunt was bonkers, but Clarkson pushing Hammond's shed down the ski slope was hilarious.

Big Andy

Bloke
I hope the music isn't foreshadowing (I only watched 20 seconds, no spoilers)
They’re doing 2 more I think that were already in the pipeline before Clarkson made that Shame comment (which was taken way out of proportion by the general public)

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Best special for a while. Actually funny.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
About halfway but greatly enjoying it too. This one, along with the French one are my favorites. Maybe that means I'm an ethnocentric bastard i dunno. I do feel they are the most top gear like specials. One of my favorite things in all of them though is how they manage to weave some important or interesting world history things in them.

Dan

I was expecting them find their own wax models in that museum. :lol:

Really to need to visit Lake Bled.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I didn’t really like this one as much, just seemed to drift by without much happening

hobbers

Think the last one they did that had some merit was the USA motorhome special. Which was like 2019.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I hope it's a lot better than the last one they did, euro trash. God that was awful

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
They’ve said they’ve been everywhere and run out of ideas.
That I do understand, but their Scottish trip in caravans were decent though. But the Madagascar and the Scandinavian trips were so boooring.

lsd

The Oracle
Over two hours long should pass some time over the weekend especially if United are losing

Swedish_Plumber

I enjoyed it more than the last two for sure.

Thought it would’ve been a pretty perfect way to end the whole series on the beach up until the riots news. Even then it seemed a typically anti-climactic top gear/grand tour ending.

Will definitely be slightly emotional when the finish up with the next one. They’ve been a huge part of television for me.