Television The Grand Tour (Prime Video)

pauldyson1uk

Amazing but also kinda shit, and not road legal so pointless.

I was with May on that issue, although not with the car he chose, that new Type R is horrible.
OH I agree , totally impractical . Type R is a nasty ugly car
The Aston gearbox is horrible.
But used in they way they should be as racing cars on a track, I bet they are stunning to drive.

Last edited:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Audi and Lancia :lol::lol: So basically Lancia cheated.
of course they did. As did everybody else-- Porsche, i think, cheated when getting homologation for the 917.
Tyrell at some point did fuel stops shortly before the finish line to pump lead balls in to reach minimum weight,, Lotus possibly never had a legal car at the start line during their career.
Tom Walkinshaw Racing (TWR), running a Jag XJS in the touring car EC, used a "stock engine" with a reinforced crankshaft, which was supposedly stock "for third world countries" (earned him the nick "TWR means third world racing").

Not restricted to racing, Audi once delivered a "standard" 80LS for magazine test, which, by some strange incident, a non-stock, hotter crankshaft had fallen into when no one was looking. Giving the car a few more hp.

Part of the fun, really.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's so much better than season one, they really did take the feedback on board and get rid of the shite, to be fair to them.

Still, Clarkson and May look like they could have heart attacks at any time.

I still prefer the new TG.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Same here. Well, it featured Walter Röhrl, my favourite racing river of all time, my favourite period of my favourite type of racing and a Rally 037, which featured very prominently on the walls of my boyhood bedroom.

Just wathed Ep8. Can only figure the majority of the series budget goes into repairing the test vehicles, and insurance.
He came out really cool out of that film. I'd be a fan too, I'm sure of it.

Whole team came out sympathetic.

arthurka

Amazing but also kinda shit, and not road legal so pointless.

I was with May on that issue, although not with the car he chose, that new Type R is horrible.
Everything changes when you drive the Type-R its a fantastic car, really really good.. My favourite episode of the new series..

lsd

The Oracle
Just watched the show where they take the piss out of the moaners droning on about how scripted it is and they nailed it totally .

Top work

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Been some really good episodes and still some filler. I think they should be bold enough to step away from the celebrity lap format. There's been some decent guests, but nobody is watching for that.

All the history films, whether on racing rivalries, the golden years of classic car manufacturers, or whatever else, are usually top notch.

Disappointed that they aren't doing more episode-long road trips as a three.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Loved the Lancia v Audi film.
The absolute highlight of the show so far imo. Their ingenuity and their ability to interpret the rule book was amazing.

I think this season is a whole lot better than the first, it may not be as good as old Top Gear but we have to remember that they spent like 15 years fine tuning that show to get it right, and they can't just do the exact same thing here again.

I'm more than happy with the outcome though, there are some low points for sure but TG wasn't exactly all gold throughout either which I think many people forget. I do agree that they should do more road trips because that's when they really shine imo.

Krits

Really enjoying this season more than the last. Its been pretty good since the Audi Vs Lancia film, which as many have said has been the best bit this season. Loved that Jag from the last episode, wish I could buy a car someday that looked (looked!) and sounded like that. Such a cool car!

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Oh and that DB4.. can you imagine that but instead of a copy of the original it would have a proper drivetrain and some creature comforts, something like a Singer variant. :drool:

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Thought that was, on the whole, a very good season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Really fun special, nice and short. Some of the other recent ones have been way too long.

Far better than season one but I thought the new TG was still better.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Was it just me, or did this leave a very bad taste? Lots of wasted food, and I guess they really killed those fish. Which is....a bit much. It was a fun episode in a lot of ways, but I couldn’t look past that.

buchansleftleg

The special was better than the rest of the series for me. It could have done with something else to break it up...essentially 3 days of muddy road shenanigans was overkill.

Given their budget they should do more of this or specials based on motor stories like the lancia v audi one.

Ditch the tent, the track and the celebs

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Was it just me, or did this leave a very bad taste? Lots of wasted food, and I guess they really killed those fish. Which is....a bit much. It was a fun episode in a lot of ways, but I couldn’t look past that.
Probably brought fish off camera.

Btw I am pretty sure they used stock footage from a Top Gear special of some African locals did anyone else spot that?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Last few episodes have been really good. Best of the trio in years.

Andersons Dietician

I gave up on it after the episode with the Lancia, Audi battle and that segment on refulling whilst moving rubbish. It really looked as if the series was hampered by all their ailments and sickness. Maybe that is why it was so poor. I might go back in and finish the season if it picked up like some have said.

Jonno

The thing is, surely we've all moved over to watch the Grand Tour because of the three of them. So if they sarcastically mess about and go off on random tangents, I don't mind too much and I have a laugh watching it.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The thing is, surely we've all moved over to watch the Grand Tour because of the three of them. So if they sarcastically mess about and go off on random tangents, I don't mind too much and I have a laugh watching it.
I don't care much about cars (not that I mind them, mind!), so I indeed watch only for them. They are fecking great.