Television The Grand Tour (Prime Video)

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I haven't watched the episode yet but I've seen bits and pieces and heard fellow Detroit area folks complain that Jeremy and the show to some degree was very disrespectful of the city and didn't show the amount of rejuvenation the city has undergone and stayed out of the nice parts of the city to make it seem like it's indeed all a wasteland. Is that true?

I know Jeremy loathes America but James May was interviewed while they were filming here and had great things to say about the city.

Steven7290

I haven't watched the episode yet but I've seen bits and pieces and heard fellow Detroit area folks complain that Jeremy and the show to some degree was very disrespectful of the city and didn't show the amount of rejuvenation the city has undergone and stayed out of the nice parts of the city to make it seem like it's indeed all a wasteland. Is that true?

I know Jeremy loathes America but James May was interviewed while they were filming here and had great things to say about the city.
Just watch it, I have no idea what they are complaining about but they live in Detroit, gotta have something to complain about.

Habs

Enjoyed the first 3 episodes, been a good start to this season

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Colombia special was the best they’ve done in the long time, actually felt like watching Top Gear for the first time since the move to the new show.

lsd

The Oracle
Yeah it was really good. That donkey part though, what the actual...

Clarkson was genuinely angry at that. Was even speechless

Was excellent all round some laugh out loud moments the rock fight then Hammond backing into Clarkson during it .

May's quip "oh I just forgot I have a jaguar in my boot should I let it out "

Zlaatan

Parody Account
They are pretty homophobic and have always been. Remember that episode on Top Gear when a guy from the audience was invited to sit down next to May in the studio and he looked like he was quite interested in him? Hammond and Clarkson acted like the guy had the plague (I think they even ran off the stage IIRC) and Hammond wouldn't even sit down on the couch again afterwards.

Joking about stereotypes like they did in the last episode is one thing, they've always done it to all kinds of people/countries/professions etc, but acting like you're afraid just to be in the vicinity of someone because they're gay is absolutely ridiculous.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
They are pretty homophobic and have always been. Remember that episode on Top Gear when a guy from the audience was invited to sit down next to May in the studio and he looked like he was quite interested in him? Hammond and Clarkson acted like the guy had the plague (I think they even ran off the stage IIRC) and Hammond wouldn't even sit down on the couch again afterwards.

Joking about stereotypes like they did in the last episode is one thing, they've always done it to all kinds of people/countries/professions etc, but acting like you're afraid just to be in the vicinity of someone because they're gay is absolutely ridiculous.
There was nothing bad in this episode, though. They just made a few jokes about Jeremy being gay because he had that jeep. So what? Everyone makes jokes like that. They didn't in any way insult gay people at all. Will Young is a dope.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
There was nothing bad in this episode, though. They just made a few jokes about Jeremy being gay because he had that jeep. So what? Everyone makes jokes like that. They didn't in any way insult gay people at all. Will Young is a dope.
Yeah I agree, they have made fun of every stereotype under the sun during the last 10 years so this is hardly something new. I just gave an example of when they did go over the line imo, but playing 'It's raining men' and having Clarkson walk around in shortshorts is hardly an insult towards gays.

Wasn't Young a guest on Top Gear and Clarkson told him he looked like he'd taken an axe to the face? If he can laugh at that you'd think he could handle them joking about the stereotype that a certain car is loved by the gay community as well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Watched the two Colombia episodes. Enjoyed it after such a long break from them (watched the first ever episode of GT then stopped). Obviously very scripted still, but it's almost embraced instead of being incredibly obvious but somehow pretending not to be like on Top Gear.

buchansleftleg

The Colombia special is worth watching, but the Detroit one and the one on pickup trucks was just awful contrived nonsense with poor effects and totally faked interactions.

Was genuinely bored watching them and waiting for them to end. I think the specials still work because they are genuinely being stretched and stressed by the situations.

As soon as they get comfortable they lapse into jingoism, tired cliches and retreads of stuff they did on the bbc years ago.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Columbia was ok but i find it all quite boring now. There's nothing original at all, it just looks tired and dated with no new material, just rehashes from previous years.
Time to call it a day lads.

lsd

The Oracle
Why do people watch a show just to hate on it ?

If I thought a show was boring or contrived I'd watch something I like instead.

Zlatattack

Oh no you don't! There is a big under current being created by the LGBQT community or people acting on their behalf. Kids are being expelled from school for making jokes like that. Schools are being altered so they are gender fluid (unisex toilets), kids are taught about all sorts of sexuality at a much younger age.

Massive Spanner

Oh no you don't! There is a big under current being created by the LGBQT community or people acting on their behalf. Kids are being expelled from school for making jokes like that. Schools are being altered so they are gender fluid (unisex toilets), kids are taught about all sorts of sexuality at a much younger age.
If that's happening then it's idiotic.

pauldyson1uk

Well the world has gone fecking mad , fecking gender fluid toilets !!

Massive Spanner

That segment on Jim Clark was brilliant. Wish they'd do more of that and less of the shite from last week.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Richard Hammond makes me want to fill his face with concrete and send him for a free swimming lesson. Such an annoying little twat.

Decent episode though.

Krits

Liked this episode a lot more. All segments were pretty good. Hammonds rant, for once actually seemed a little genuine. That tribute was amazing and very informative to me. I knew of Jim Clark, but not like this. Pretty amazing really.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Richard Hammond makes me want to fill his face with concrete and send him for a free swimming lesson. Such an annoying little twat.

Decent episode though.
Should come as no suprise that the little prick supports fox hunting

gormless

That segment on Jim Clark was brilliant. Wish they'd do more of that and less of the shite from last week.

Just watched it now. Reminded me a lot of Clarksons segment on Senna on Top Gear. Both excellent. You can really tell when they're passionate about something compared when they're doing a by the numbers "oh no your car fell off a cliff, isn't that hilarious" sketch

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
"If employee is angel overtime, it is not devil when they get salary"

:lol:

The China episode was pretty good. Amazing what's going on over there.

Verbalkint

"If employee is angel overtime, it is not devil when they get salary"

:lol:

The China episode was pretty good. Amazing what's going on over there.
My jaw dropped when i saw the scale of their construction. Nothing can stop them from building a freeway it looks like. Ridiculous progress over the last decade.

I think the show has been great this season, this is what we watch Clarkson & Co for. Travel , some beautiful destinations, a lot of inappropriate joke & camaraderie. Oh, some cars too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone keeping up with it? Hammond's wife looked like a real hooker with him on the street, that was really weird how they accepted that :lol:

Also, I want to believe that James May unboxing video reached 1m views without being sponsored on some major sites, amazing how people love those unboxing videos.

In general, it's decent, car parts are good, but the studio thing is generally poor, I seriously can't understand how hard is to find a decent subject to blab about during the conversation street.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'm up to date and enjoying it.

Embarrassing form from the Aston Martin, unable to get a decent stable sprint in straight line.
I think the Aston spinning was more due to them wanting something exciting to happen rather than the car not being able to go in a straight line in the wet. They obviously have the traction- and stability control turned off even though the car would be faster and never spin out of control with them on in those kind of conditions.

IrishRick

You know that they are not as relevant as before when Jeremy can say "it stops like it's just hit a wall" about the Senna car and nobody kicks up a fuss

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Russia and the border thing, fecking shit! The world that we live in...

Dante

Average bang
I normally only hate-watch this.

But the Mongolia was one of the best episode of anything I've ever watched.