The great Brazilian World Cup drought | Official Brazil Thread

saivet

Yeah, for a team of their quality that's a very nice route to the final now that Spain has transferred over.

Would be hilarious if they went over to the other side as well though :lol:
That would be pretty funny to see them face Spain in the QF still, though for the sake of the tournament i think it's best they top the group.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That would be pretty funny to see them face Spain in the QF still, though for the sake of the tournament i think it's best they top the group.
It would be a disaster if they didn't top the group.

Imagine England, France, Portugal, Spain and Brazil all on one side.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
They're top 3 favorites .

them,france and Argentina with England following suit.

They're 1970 to 1994 drought was greater so it shouldn't worry them that much, they'll continue to produce world class talent like no other.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup suddenly they only really have Argentina in their path to the final. Was against them heading into it. Now I'm convinced they'll be in the final.

croadyman

Can anyone on that side other than Argentina give them any unexpected problems

Charles Miller

As a Brazilian i don't call it a drought. Winning the world cup was always very difficult. The last time Argentina won it was in 1986 and they had great sides most of the time. Brazil won it in 1970 and the next one was in 1994. Its not something new.

I dont think we are gonna win this one, but if we do, its going to be an uninspiring display of pragmatism and nothing to brag about.

Those coaches like Tite, the Gauchos, they really love the uruguayan football, they feel a lot of conexion to Uruguay. They managed to almost destroy the identity of the Brazilian football in less than two decades.

croadyman

As a Brazilian i don't call it a drought. Winning the world cup was always very difficult. The last time Argentina won it was in 1986 and they had great sides most of the time. Brazil won it in 1970 and the next one was in 1994. Its not something new.

I dont think we are gonna win this one, but if we do, its going to be an uninspiring display of pragmatism and nothing to brag about.

Those coaches like Tite, the Gauchos, they really love the uruguayan football, they feel a lot of conexion to Uruguay. They managed to almost destroy the identity of the Brazilian football in less than two decades.
Who do you honestly see beating Brazil

RedDevilMachine

You are outright overwhelming #1 favourite by a big margin even against #2 Argentina and deservedly so and now with Spain moving over to the other half of the draw, you don't have to face a top European team till the final.

Misobutter

The irony of explaining this to the British, I love it : )
I've seen my country win twice and lose one final, and I'm not even 40, how many people can say that?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Any leaks of lineup?

Skills

Snitch
South Korea, Japan/Korea QF - what a route to the semis. The great drought may come to an end

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
South Korea, Japan/Korea QF - what a route to the semis. The great drought may come to an end
If we don't find our finishing boots soon, we're vulnerable to a smash and grab like today or like the Belgium game in 2018.

sallycinnamin

Out of interest who was the best team and who was your favorite?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Jesus out for the rest of the tournament. Gutted for him and a big loss for Brazil.

Idxomer

The injuries could seriously derail them.

Will the two Juve fullbacks be ready for the next game?

Bertie Wooster

Brazil almost messed it up yesterday and one more Switzerland goal would have seen them drop to 2nd and on the other side of the draw.

I was surprised by the subs at 0-0. I always felt it was building to the kind of game where Cameroon nicked it so was thinking they might bring on some of the 'starters' for the last 15-30 minutes - Lucas, Vinicius, Richarlison - to avoid the possibility of dropping to 2nd. Rather than the Brazilian based understudies who didn't do much at all.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Would you agree that the explosion of global football has also added to the 'derailment' of samba football? With players, from various countries, moving to different leagues to play with individuals of other nations I believe this has created a uniform type of football.

A 4-3-3 may not similar he countered by the same formation. A packed midfield is countered by a packed midfield. Football, due to the collaboration of players from various nations in the top 5 leagues, has diluted football of its style and its culture.

Because at the end of the day, the players are only with their nation for a small portion of the year, and they come together and bring what they've learned in their leagues.

Real Name

Interesting read. Brazilian caftards are careful and others are claiming they won't have any trouble reaching semifinal whatsoever.

RedStarUnited

This must be the first Brazilian team with such a heavy influence of PL players. No wonder their strikers now are known more for their hardwork than on the ball brilliance.

colombianmancunian

For me they are favorites. Easy route for them, having only Argentina/Netherlands as an obstacle to the final.

Skills

Snitch
That front line is terrifying but I think they'll get punished for it by better opposition

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They can play some amazing football, but South Korea played entirely into their hands with that high backline. Croatia will be a different story, as will be the pragmatism of Argentina or us.

Clear favourite to end up in the final on this side of things though. I will lube up before the match should we beat the argies.

croadyman

That was piss easy for them,think in hindsight Uruguay would have been sterner challenge

KeanoMagicHat

They were something else in that first half, devastating football even if South Korea made it easy for them. Been a while since I saw that sort of flair in a Brazil team, long may it continue. Was like watching the old days.

Fenomeno9

That front line is terrifying but I think they'll get punished for it by better opposition
I use to think this formation that Tite is playing is too attacking but tactically the fullbacks do not bomb forward and the frontline presses and track back.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Van Gaal just said people are over reacting in Brazil is an ordanairy counter attacming team and nothing special.

The lord has spoken, nothing to see here, just a little yellow smidge on Louis' boot by next week.