The Great Conspiracy

Jezpeza

To me its an interesting original
Post.

I also think its not a conspiracy its a formula.

The cost of player purchases to qualify for the champions league and Gain associated revenues, regardless of Final position in that or the league is x and then the profit is y. In that scenario x<y.

The cost of player purchases and wages to have a serious chance of winning those competitions is probably 2or3x. 2x>y.

The Glazers own us as a soccer sports franchise. The last time I looked they took About £25m a quarter in dividends. They haven't even paid off the money they borrowed to buy us yet in 15 years, they just Pay bare minimum and constantly refinance. They bought the club with its own projected revenues in a leveraged buyout and have never invested a penny of their own money in it. Its now worth way way more than they paid for it and they have raked in dividends for 15 years on it.

In some ways i respect them, it is an unbelievable piece of business.

The issue is is that the fans of the club are looking down a different road to the owners. I feel like the financial support runs out for the managers once we get back into the CL and the balance sheet looks the way they want, where we as fans expect to springboard onto the next season, building on that and seeing the players the manager needs to improve the squad. Obviously its up to the glazers what they do with their money but its becoming more obvious as time goes on.

At this rate, unless Ole gets another 6 transfer windows, I just dont see us competing with the best in Europe or the PL. Liverpool and Man City were streets ahead of us, both have strengthened. Arsenal are improved, as are Spurs, Everton. Leicester have started well. If Lampard gets chelsea playing and we add no one else they finish ahead of us easy I would think.

I think Ole has done enough to be backed again this window and they haven't done it.
Net spend of about 150 million across his time here isn't that much. I understand that managers wasted money before him but what had that got to do with him? I get we overpay for the Man Utd tax on players but still.

Biggest buyers market in years and i just cant understand why we have done so little with a relatively successful season behind us. I hope something happens in the next few days but it feels suspiciously like the fred-dalot summer

cyril C

Interesting take. My only problem with it? Why doesn't Bayern have to do this? When they come in for a Dortmund player, the club unzips, pulls their pants down, bends over, does a goatse, and says "please do whatever you like."
That is because Bundesliga allow club and players (manager included) to have pre-agreement before season finish. So BM can practically do whatever they want, and when they want it. Beside, do you think German FA will entertain complaint about BM? Know your place (that is from 2nd to 18th) and you will be look after, that is the Bundesliga mentality.