Film The Green Knight

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
If it sticks to the spirit of the poem then I'm in. If they start introducing big battles and other tacky bullshit to target the McUniverse then I will attack anyone who supports it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
If it sticks to the spirit of the poem then I'm in. If they start introducing big battles and other tacky bullshit to target the McUniverse then I will attack anyone who supports it.
I don't recall any talking foxes when I read Tolkien's translation, though that was many moons ago so I may be mistaken. Tolkien did love his talking foxes, after all.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Saw it a few weeks ago. I thought it was a pile of nonsense. In fact I’d call it “The Green Shite”

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ll give this a watch. Certainly enjoyed the trailer.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Saw it a few weeks ago. I thought it was a pile of nonsense. In fact I’d call it “The Green Shite”
:lol: It's moments like this that give us a revealing glimpse into why you're so lauded in reviewing circles. I hope you yelled it out as the credits began to roll.

golden_blunder

Staff
Kermode is raving about it. I like his reviews. :nervous:
If you like arty farts weirdness with little fighting (practically none) then go for it.
I didn’t realise it was based on a Tolkien poem. Maybe it fits that, but wish I hadn’t wasted my time

kclord

Yeah, pretty divisive. It doesn't hold the viewer's hand - it expects you to know who the major players are in Arthurian legend.

I thought it was visually impressive, especially the lighting in some of the outdoor scenes. The trailer does seem to suggest that there's more combat than what actually takes place. And for all the artsy-fartsy, it is a rather simple morality tale (which is fine!).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If you like arty farts weirdness with little fighting (practically none) then go for it.
I didn’t realise it was based on a Tolkien poem. Maybe it fits that, but wish I hadn’t wasted my time
I certainly think the cinematography is top notch. I’m enjoying quite a bit.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yeah, pretty divisive. It doesn't hold the viewer's hand - it expects you to know who the major players are in Arthurian legend.

I thought it was visually impressive, especially the lighting in some of the outdoor scenes. The trailer does seem to suggest that there's more combat than what actually takes place. And for all the artsy-fartsy, it is a rather simple morality tale (which is fine!).
Re Arthurian legend, they will still find it hard to beat the movie Excalibur

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Getting polarizing reviews. Critics love it and audiences not so gone on it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Could be one of these real arty films which i gave up watching a long time ago.