The Guardian

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I really need to get a life.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
i will never be able to tell which is real and which is parody, and frankly that's amazing work by the guardian

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian said:
It was panned on release – so why are we hopelessly devoted to Grease 40 years later?
An endorsement of rape culture or a rejection of slut-shaming: the debate over the film continues, four decades on.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I suppose when your writers don't have to deal with minor distractions like stalled wages, increasing food and energy bills, lack of child protection, police harassment, racism, dangerous environments and the like, you can focus on the things that really matter.

SteveJ

Scout
Guardian Books said:
The coffee pot boils, no doubt in a deliberate attempt to impose dull, naturalistic order on the contemplation of what it means to exist. Will Self unfurls himself from his ergonomic computer stool and gingerly removes the pot from the stove using a grubby towel.

"It's a great privilege to be allowed to have a filthy garret room," he says as he pours me a deliciously strong cup of black coffee. Later he will tell me that he uses a Robusta "peasant" blend bought from his local newsagents, which tastes smoother than the more expensive Arabica we're used to drinking.
'Feck's bleedin' sake, Guardian...
*cries a lot*

SteveJ

Scout
I guess Will left the coffee pot on too long..

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Reverse nepotism: is David Cameron's reputation affecting Samantha's dress sales?
The ex PM’s wife reckons her new fashion label, Cefinn, is being held back by our feelings towards that bloke in her shed

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The Guardian is a mess but it's the perfect antithesis to the Daily Mail. That way The Guardian can post a story called "Why All Men Are Pigs and if you don't agree you're a sexist fecking bastard and deserve to be shot" whenever the Mail post a "Woman SHOWS OFF neat vag under long dress after pap takes up skirt photos without her knowledge".

pacifictheme

The Guardian is a mess but it's the perfect antithesis to the Daily Mail. That way The Guardian can post a story called "Why All Men Are Pigs and if you don't agree you're a sexist fecking bastard and deserve to be shot" whenever the Mail post a "Woman SHOWS OFF neat vag under long dress after pap takes up skirt photos without her knowledge".
The guardian has dar more integrity than the daily mail will ever have.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The guardian's serious stuff is often or even usually great. The other stuff is so obviously filler that I just never read it.

The Mail however is always toxic lies when trying to be serious. The other 80% ..................

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've always been amazed that Arwa's weekly Patriarchy articles, in the Comment Is Free section, never allow comments.

I know there's wankers out there who would just spam sexist comments, but when your articles are so brazen every week surely you should have the guts to defend your work from criticism?

SteveJ

Scout
The columnists don't like readers commenting on how laughable the writers' opinions sometimes are; hence, increasing absent comments sections.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The columnists don't like readers commenting on how laughable the writers' opinions sometimes are; hence, increasing absent comments sections.
Stop writing laughable articles then. I'm loving the donation drive they've got going on at the moment - as if I'm going to donate to their little private club.

I'll stick to InfoWars, thanks. Proper real news.

decorativeed

I'm more than happy for places to stop allowing comments sections. Why is there a need for people to respond to every single thing published online? It's even started to creep into real life - Manchester art gallery had an exhibition recently where there was a rail beneath all artworks where people could place comment cards. It descended into farce pretty much immediately.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm more than happy for places to stop allowing comments sections. Why is there a need for people to respond to every single thing published online? It's even started to creep into real life - Manchester art gallery had an exhibition recently where there was a rail beneath all artworks where people could place comment cards. It descended into farce pretty much immediately.
Because the area on their webpage where these bizarre opinion pieces come from is called "Comment Is Free" ffs.