The Guardian

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Is it the "people" you have issues with
Its them omitting the word women for the fear of upsetting an infinitely small number of transmen right after we had the lancet referring to women as "bodies with vaginas", and before that birthing people, people with vulvas etc.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Its them omitting the word women for the fear of upsetting an infinitely small number of transmen right after we had the lancet referring to women as "bodies with vaginas", and before that birthing people, people with vulvas etc.
I guess it was either upset the infinitely small number of trans men or upset the seemingly infinitely large number of people like yourself who inexplicably care about things like this and fortunately they absolutely knocked it out of the park and chose to upset the correct group of people.

Gehrman

I guess it was either upset the infinitely small number of trans men or upset the seemingly infinitely large number of people like yourself who inexplicably care about things like this and fortunately they absolutely knocked it out of the park and chose to upset the correct group of people.
They absolutely have. Especially if the comment section is anything to go by.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Imagine being offended by something that has feck all to do with you because you don't want the thing you're offended by not offending people that it has an actual impact on.

Gehrman

It was the CDC that used the term pregnant people originally, so the morons are getting upset at the wrong people.
I guess you disagree with the morons and think that medical institiutions should stop using the word "Women" for a adult female human beings which is the textbook definition of women.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I guess you disagree with the morons and think that medical institiutions should stop using the word "Women" for a adult female human beings which is the textbook definition of women.
You do know that it's not just women who can get pregnant?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is odd isn't it? Many are the type to deliberately use he/she to upset a trans person. It seems like simple courtesy to me. Costs me nothing and why would you do the opposite of what is being asked?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Beyond the statistics are the personal recollections. I watched the Queen’s coronation in Pall Mall in 1953, yearning for a toy golden coach. In 1977, I panicked at losing my small daughter in the dark at a village jubilee bonfire. At Charles and Diana’s wedding fireworks, we got scarily crushed in the Hyde Park crowds. On Friday I’ll be with family at the ancient, once-every-20-years Pole Fair in Corby, Northamptonshire.

Something we can all relate to, I'm sure

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Reading into this now and it seems like an incredibly simple idea with added hype. It's basically an online version of apprenticeships, which offers some free course material, and gives you a chance at getting some lowly paid positions at the end of it. I'm talking £20k for jobs in central London. And there's only around 30 currently available.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
They've had a hard on for the war-crim's son for a few days now, across multiple articles, extolling his wealth and privilege. Fecking weirdo newspaper.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Good on young Blair for making bank selling the skulls of Iraqi children to patrons of discerning taste and wealth.

Delano

The "lefts" reaction to the ruling is so at odds with reality. I've unfollowed the Guardian and Independent this week as they're trying to push an agenda down my neck.

The only person who's harmed the metoo movement in that case, is Amber Heard. Instead of admitting they chose the wrong side, they are doubling down.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The "lefts" reaction to the ruling is so at odds with reality. I've unfollowed the Guardian and Independent this week as they're trying to push an agenda down my neck.

The only person who's harmed the metoo movement in that case, is Amber Heard. Instead of admitting they chose the wrong side, they are doubling down.
Very sad imho, there a lot that could be said even if one has an issue with the ruling. Of course it's hard work to talk to legal experts and speak about the results from a professional position, so easy to write up your emotional reaction.

If you're going to suggest the verdict wasn't right surely you need a highly technical analysis full of examples from previous cases?

Of course I don't even want to stick my neck on this forum and talk about how she seemed like a liar in testimony, much less on the Guardian. It sounds like the media made their mind up already, and going against that current may put a journalists career in danger.

But if citizens don't respect the results of jury trials we've got real problems, undermining that seems like a bad idea for the gatekeepers of culture.