The honeymoon is over with a crash landing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

We got Arsenal away, Chelsea away and wolves away consecutively. We had to go out sometime.

fergies coat

It’s like PSG never happened ffs. Judge him at the end of the season. Stop being so knee jerk.

I was just reading the match day thread. Apparently Pogba is shit again and was never world class. This place is a joke sometimes.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Bound to happen eventually I suppose. It doesn’t help getting one ridiculously hard draw after another in the cup. At least we are in sight of the top 4. The next game is massive.

IrishRedDevil

Knee jerk but you have a bit of a point

Tonight was horrible. Awful tactics and nothing changed throughout the game.

Away goes our only slim chance of winning a trophy.

Irrational.

Hopefully Ole can focus on the CL and PL and give us a strong end to the season. We did well getting where we did, beating Arse and Chelsea en-route after the slump Jose left us in.

CallyRed

:lol:
Fecking hell. Think I'll give up with the internet for today.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’ve just made a similar point elsewhere, but the tone of the OP is a bit over the top. I don’t think Ole getting the permanent job should be inevitable now and the club should let things continue for a while to see how things pan out.

killerboi2

Everyone relax. It's just the FA cup. We've got a few players coming back from injury, we've got more important matches with top 4 and Barcelona. The team will rise to the occasion when needed.

Paul_Scholes18

Today was a really bad performance so we should be worried. The trend has been going down in terms of performances even before the injuries. Lukaku did help us win some games though and we really missed him.

You would have hoped that we would attack better with more time with Ole, but we are not seeing that at the moment. Hopefully we can find form again.

mancan92

im gonna be off the caf till our next game atleast the football side. but i will be honest I am anxious how was Ole not able to get the players up for this game ? especially after the arsenal result

Hammerfell

In one week we have gone from favourites for Top 4 to bottom of the group. We have gone from 2nd favourites in FA Cup to out. We have gone from a chance in CL to very probably out to Barca.

It's been an awful week. We could put it down to disruption of players returning from injury. Or could it be the end of the new manager head wind.

From Euphoria against PSG to doom and gloom in the space of a couple of weeks.

What now?

Where is the problem?
Ole not quite the saviour?
Just bad luck with injuries?
Squad lacking quality?
Or is this just a bad week and a knee jerk thread?
You just couldn't wait to post this, could you?

Canagel

no. it's concern to lose again but this thread is too dramatic. stop the overreacting. city lost twice to Newcastle and Leicester. we faced two very good teams away and lost. it happens but we need to find better ideas next time.

OverratedOpinion

We were very unlucky to lose the Arsenal game but today was poor. Wolves do very well against the big teams and half our team is just back from injury so it doesn't surprise me honestly, the international break is coming at a brilliant time for us.

Eddy_JukeZ

OP is exaggerating, but we have been uninspiring for a while.

Compare our performances with Ole at the start vs now and there's a stark difference.

It'll be interesting to see how Ole responds now after 2 straight defeats.

Miscemayl

Well plenty of people say Ole's real test is to see how he copes with a few losses, so we'll see.

Paris was great but seems like we lost a bit of focus after that.

Ole will need to find that again but have no doubt he will.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Everyone relax. It's just the FA cup. We've got a few players coming back from injury, we've got more important matches with top 4 and Barcelona. The team will rise to the occasion when needed.
It isn't just the F.A. Cup. It is a trophy, one that City might just stroll to on the way to three or four trophies.

Paul_Scholes18

im gonna be off the caf till our next game atleast the football side. but i will be honest I am anxious how was Ole not able to get the players up for this game ? especially after the arsenal result
I think we tactically wanted to counter on them which didn't work because they had the same tactic. We didn't find any ways to hurt them all game really.

fallengt

Never believed it anyway. This set of players s mediocre, top 4 yeah winning serious trophy, no chance.

Zoo

There are too many wums on here nowadays.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Worried? Are you for real?

Our previous manager completely ruined our season. Everything since Ole came is a bonus. Some of you need a good slap. There's no divine right to winning football matches - we have lots of work to do.
True, but the next managerial appointment has got to be the right one. Ole is a rookie and will be the biggest managerial gamble this club has seen in decades.

Solskjaer’s In game management has been terrible for a long time now. I’m really not sure that he’s tactically good enough for a club of United’s size.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dread the cafe after defeats.

The simple truth is that we were playing a tough fixture and half of the front 6 have only just got over injuries.

It showed.

The two week break for once comes at a good point

Paul_Scholes18

Well plenty of people say Ole's real test is to see how he copes with a few losses, so we'll see.

Paris was great but seems like we lost a bit of focus after that.

Ole will need to find that again but have no doubt he will.
Barca up next and we will be smashed if we don't find form again. Wolves passed around our press today and Barca will do the same if we don't press better.

Apart from Lukaku, Shaw and Smalling we seem to have few players in good form.

littlepeasoup

This place can be so bipolar sometimes. Enjoy the victories, and take the defeats when they come. We've no divine right to win any game; two loses and some of you sound like you're in the middle of an existential crisis.

JMack1234

The honeymoon, yes.

But don't overreact. We didn't show up today and we got beat away by a side currently 7th in the Prem. We have the international break to take stock and go again.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
The run we were on was title-winning one, we are not that good yet. People just got too carried away.

He's done a phenomenal job but there are still problems with the squad, just remember that a manager will learn more from a defeat than a victory. This is just part of the process with someone like Ole at the helm. I hope he can learn from tonight and beats them in 10 days time. That game is far more important in context of our season.

mancan92

I think we tactically wanted to counter on them which didn't work because they had the same tactic. We didn't find any ways to hurt them all game really.
Thats all well and good my problem is the lack of commitment and determination of the players. Basic passes missing to feet, losing every 50-50, no attacking intent etc

Cpt Negative

Wheels well and truly coming off. All the great wins at Arsenal, Chelsea and PSG are going to count for feck all. Miserable summer whilst we have either the scousers or the bitters rubbing it in our noses all summer. feck my life

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Attention grabby title, and the original post's content/premise is a bit reactive.

*LOCK*

Status
Not open for further replies.