The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

If he serves two terms he'll likely get to put forward 3 new Justices of the Supreme Court. Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Anthony Kennedy aren't getting any younger.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So the electoral college screws the world again... :rolleyes:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As worried as people are, I don't think he will be as bad as people expect. He clearly isn't as stupid as his character potrayed, think he will reign it in a bit now and *HOPEFULLY* do the smart thing.

None of this deportation / wall building etc will happen.

Drifter

American
Some are so gullible. Easy to read that speech of a idiot board

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
As I said in the other thread, it won't take long before rural America realises he offers tem nothing.
Open he coal mines, build a wall, tear up free trade agreements?
You're having a laugh.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Anyone who thinks Trump will now turn into a big cuddly bear and says he was always smart - need to go back and watch What they said when Trump was performing on his feet during the debates.

Not taking line Trump will suddenly become all statesmanlike. The guy is a loose cannon

x42bn6

If he serves two terms he'll likely get to put forward 3 new Justices of the Supreme Court. Ruth Bader Ginsberg and Anthony Kennedy aren't getting any younger.
RBG will probably live on through sheer stubbornness.

Why she didn't step down under Obama is beyond me. I think even the Senate would have been OK with a liberal replacement for her because it's not swaying the court's ideology, and it would have made it easier to twist arms to confirm future judges ("you confirmed RBG's replacement, why not Scalia's?").

Adisa

How pro-Clinton press is spinning it now -

Media's fault - http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/9/13570724/media-obsession-emails
Comey's fault - http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-loses-2016-election-214439
She still won the popular vote-
Everyone is to be blamed but her.
To be completely honest, the media is partly to blame.
It took ages before the media started to judge Trump by the standard you judge a presidential candidate. By the time it started(the audio tapes), it was probably too late.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How pro-Clinton press is spinning it now -

Media's fault - http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/9/13570724/media-obsession-emails
Comey's fault - http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-loses-2016-election-214439
She still won the popular vote-
Everyone is to be blamed but her.
Fact is that she was one of (if not the) least popular mainstream presidential candidates in American history. The fact that she won the popular vote only proves that a better candidate would have beaten Trump.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
As worried as people are, I don't think he will be as bad as people expect. He clearly isn't as stupid as his character potrayed, think he will reign it in a bit now and *HOPEFULLY* do the smart thing.

None of this deportation / wall building etc will happen.
Exactly, "the wall" will be explained as a figure of speech for stricter control over borders, like the rest of his most controversial stuff.

He will mellow down and become a total watered down version of himself. We'll hardly be able to tell any difference from the previous guys in the end.

The largely pro-Clinton press will spin this like the end of the world though, and in the end it will just be a bit uneventful.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There were things that happened that Hillary had nothing to do with - the populism of Trump being the biggest one. On the other hand, she didn't help her cause by the issues surroudning her email server, nor was her cause helped by the perception that she was being propped up by the Democratic establishment.

I friend of mine who worked for Hillary a few years back told me in 2012 that she was looking forward to retirement (after I asked her if Hillary was planning on running for Pres again). I'm convinced that she really didn't want to run this time and was coaxed into it by the Dem establishment under the idea that she would be carried to the nomination (which Wasserman-Schulz definitely tried to do).

Adisa

we still don't know what are in his tax returns ffs.

Neelu

Likes to eat cement and rubber but not boogers
Still cant believe it. I am like that guy in the liverpool gif right now.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I now realize why some people can't stand Americans. In this day and age they're racially motivated. I can't wait to laugh at their faces when they realize they've created a monster.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Anyone who thinks Trump will now turn into a big cuddly bear and says he was always smart - need to go back and watch What they said when Trump was performing on his feet during the debates.

Not taking line Trump will suddenly become all statesmanlike. The guy is a loose cannon
Spot on, baz. It's understandable because the alternative is so depressing but America now have a sociopathic idiot in charge of their country. Since when does giving more power to a person like this make them less dangerous?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Raoul, how does it feel to have been so completely wrong on Trump for an entire year?

Drifter

American
I think the attack on Trump from the media never helped.It just galvanised support for Trump and the anti establishment narrative

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Just realised this means Michael Moore has been proven right too. This truly is a dark day.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
What happens to his twitter account now? Can he still tweet as the POTUS?

Cal?

CR7 fan
We'll see the end of America's pivot to Asia which will destabilize the region with China's expansionist policy and Japan & Korea being backed into a corner.

He already said that he wouldn't mind them getting nukes...

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm amazed by the people who didn't vote (taking a moral high ground), but are still moaning about the results

Unbelievable.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Would the Republic party try to block any controversial thing he does because they control the other houses?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yeah, this will be a big problem. Not so much in America itself, since the country's system is more than able to handle the potential downsides of Trump, and it's not like he's actually planning do bad things and become a super villain.

Looking at the bigger picture though, the world is fecked. I'm 99.6% sure about that. In Europe we have Erdogan, Brexit, Putin and his Ukrainian mess. Too many lunatics in power will inevitably lead to massive problems. It's been going too well with the Western world, relatively speaking and looking at the last 25 years. Whether people want it or not, that will change. And looking at history, there's basically nothing you can do about it.

Except betting on the outcome, you should be putting money on everything going wrong, that's the only option you have. Had 70 bucks on two websites on Trump with 5:1 and 5,5:1. It was obviously going to be very close at the very least, so I figured those were great odds. Just woke up after a couple of hours of sleep, before I dozed in it was clear he could really win it. Just look at the stae of the whole world right now and tell me we're not fecked/

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think it won't be as bad as anti-Trump people think it will be, but not as good as Trump voters imagine it will be either. I'm hoping this result will eventually lead to a reshaping of politics in general; with less contempt for decent working class voters, a genuine offer for them that isn't just lip-service to their issues and a marginalisation of career politics and spin.

That could all be wishful thinking, so let's at least have a minimum amount of pain for the people of the US and the wider world in the next four years and a hope that the democrats and moderates in general pull their fecking socks up and get some better candidates than Hillary Clinton.

Adisa

I've not been interested in American politics for long. I started observing after Obama's second election.
The sad part for Clinton is that form all I have heard and seen, the reasons why she'd dislikes so much are flimsy.
The corruption tag doesn't wash wig me at all. A lot of it has simply been bad timing and stuff that can look dodgy if you spin it.
For me, the false equivalency in this cycle has been astonishing.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
struggling to go to sleep because I don't want to wake up in a Trump presidency. Truly a dark day in American history.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I've not been interested in American politics for long. I started observing after Obama's second election.
The sad part for Clinton is that form all I have heard and seen, the reasons why she'd dislikes so much are flimsy.
The corruption tag doesn't wash wig me at all. A lot of it has simply been bad timing and stuff that can look dodgy if you spin it.
For me, the false equivalency in this cycle has been astonishing.
The Clinton foundation is corrupt, its certainly not flimsy

Adisa

I think it won't be as bad as anti-Trump people think it will be, but not as good as Trump voters imagine it will be either. I'm hoping this result will eventually lead to a reshaping of politics in general; with less contempt for decent working class voters, a genuine offer for them that isn't just lip-service to their issues and a marginalisation of career politics and spin.

That could all be wishful thinking, so let's at least have a minimum amount of pain for the people of the US and the wider world in the next four years and a hope that the democrats and moderates in general pull their fecking socks up and get some better candidates than Hillary Clinton.
Tearing up the climate deal is as bad as anything you can think of.
I am also very confident, ghetto GOP will try and repeal gay rights.
Gay marriage I meant to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.