The Inter Milan thread...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know I’ve banged on about this a little, but I really don’t get what their game is. By far the biggest transfer muppets in football. They signed about 10 players last summer, and another 6 or 7 in January.

I know the summer is silly season, but they have again been linked by good sources to another ton of players:

This lot is just for the summer window. Again, I know paper talk is just paper talk, but these are the best sources out there, and they have actually gone and bought loads of players in all recent windows. Not sure what their game is, but if their fans are anything like those on the Caf, Transfer Window time must be like Christmas for them. But they have a transfer obsession like I’ve never seen before. I’ve probably missed a frw players too, but they seem to try and buy any footballer moving.

AshRK

Don't remember conte's transfer at Juve but even at chelsea it seemed chelsea were linked with all sort of players. Same is happening now. Maybe it's a conte thing.

izec

I assume it is Conte getting backed. They have been hit and miss in the market under him, but they are improving. I like most of their targets to be honest, even if it is too much. They are scooping up some great talents lately.

Jezpeza

I know I’ve banged on about this a little, but I really don’t get what their game is. By far the biggest transfer muppets in football. They signed about 10 players last summer, and another 6 or 7 in January.

I know the summer is silly season, but they have again been linked by good sources to another ton of players:

This lot is just for the summer window. Again, I know paper talk is just paper talk, but these are the best sources out there, and they have actually gone and bought loads of players in all recent windows. Not sure what their game is, but if their fans are anything like those on the Caf, Transfer Window time must be like Christmas for them. But they have a transfer obsession like I’ve never seen before. I’ve probably missed a frw players too, but they seem to try and buy any footballer moving.
Is a weird one. Lot of aged players there, lot of loan signings too . Seem to have 7 goalkeepers on the books. I read somewhere that some teams sign players to have careers on loan? Something like sign them for free/peanuts then collect a load of loan fees over the course of contract.

Chelsea were doing something similar at one stage with 40 players out on loan or something?

Odd strategy for inter as with the exception of lukaku, godin and eriksen i would say a lot of their recent signings were Meh and they havent really been transforming the squad

izec

Where do they get the money? Who are their owners?
Chinese billionaire. Zhang family, who founded/own the Sunings Holding group. The son (28 years old) is their president and took over from his father at Inter last year i believe

pascell

Handanovic

Hakimi
Kambulla
Skriniar
Young/Emerson

Tonali
Barella
Brozovic/Ndombele

Eriksen

Martinez
Lukaku/Sanchez

That should push Juve a bit more next season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I just looked on line and they added 11 players in 2018/19 , and have added 15 since last summer.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Handanovic

Hakimi
Kambulla
Skriniar
Young/Emerson

Tonali
Barella
Brozovic/Ndombele

Eriksen

Martinez
Lukaku/Sanchez

That should push Juve a bit more next season.
Isnt Martinez going to Barca

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Chinese billionaire. Zhang family, who founded/own the Sunings Holding group. The son (28 years old) is their president and took over from his father at Inter last year i believe
Makes sense that a 28 year old is behind all of this. He probably can’t help himself.

Mercurial

Conte in the headlines look like he is heading for a sacking after big open critique vs the Inter hierarchy with Allegri rumored to take over. I wonder how that will affect the Alexis situation?

Pep's Suit

Conte's good when you trying to close the gap and become competitive again but have to wonder if Allegri wouldn't be a better option for them anyway. There's a moment when you should stop changing 8-10 players every season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Guys,it has little to do with Conte but alot to do with Beppe Marotta.

Suedesi

Who did they buy last year?

Lukaku - we all know Conte wanted him, they paid less than Juve were willing to
Eriksen - came dirt cheap in January
Barella - has been a loan
Sensi - has been a loan
Alexis - has been a loan
Godin - free and with a lot of mileage in his legs
Young was a stopgap solution
Moses - same

The rest are just to be farmed out to other teams (similar to what Chelsea do in the PL).

As for this season, Hakimi was a shrewd buy. They might buy Kumbulla and sell Skriniar to Tottenham (as Mourinho still got a hard on), there's rumors that Lautaro is going to Barcelona and he'd need replacing. The rest are media speculation at the moment, especially with Conte's position up in the air.

Offsideagain

BREAKING NEWS INTER SIGN SANCHEZ FOR £13.50m as mentioned above. Thank God for that, £350,000 pw to offer to players now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Who did they buy last year?

Lukaku - we all know Conte wanted him, they paid less than Juve were willing to
Eriksen - came dirt cheap in January
Barella - has been a loan
Sensi - has been a loan
Alexis - has been a loan
Godin - free and with a lot of mileage in his legs
Young was a stopgap solution
Moses - same

The rest are just to be farmed out to other teams (similar to what Chelsea do in the PL).

As for this season, Hakimi was a shrewd buy. They might buy Kumbulla and sell Skriniar to Tottenham (as Mourinho still got a hard on), there's rumors that Lautaro is going to Barcelona and he'd need replacing. The rest are media speculation at the moment, especially with Conte's position up in the air.
In the 19/20 season (last summer and this January) they added:

Lukaku
Lazaro
Politano
Barella
Radu
Salcedo
Agoume
Brazao
Sensi
Young
Sanchez
Moses
Biraghi

The likes of Sensi and Barella were listed as loans, but they were just to massage the books with FFP. They pay over 10m as a ‘loan fee’ for Barella, for example, a 21 year old midfielder from Cagliari, and that will be permanent.

Besides, I’m aware some of their incomings are loans. That doesn’t change anything. My point is that they look to have new players coming in at an alarming rate. There is no point attempting to evaluate the success of these signings as some sort of mitigation either - it isn’t my point. Whether Godin is old or Young is old - they got these players in because they felt they needed them.

They loaned out Radu and Brazao of their signings, the rest are part of the squad. Lazaro went on loan to Newcastle too, but that wasn’t until January.

I just think their turnover is unique at the top level. You look at United for example, who will look to add 2 or 3 players. An Inter window seems to be 7 or 8. And we have probably had to actively tell them to feck off with the likes of Matic and Chong too.

Suedesi

In the 19/20 season (last summer and this January) they added:

Lukaku
Lazaro
Politano
Barella
Radu
Salcedo
Agoume
Brazao
Sensi
Young
Sanchez
Moses
Biraghi

The likes of Sensi and Barella were listed as loans, but they were just to massage the books with FFP. They pay over 10m as a ‘loan fee’ for Barella, for example, a 21 year old midfielder from Cagliari, and that will be permanent.

Besides, I’m aware some of their incomings are loans. That doesn’t change anything. My point is that they look to have new players coming in at an alarming rate. There is no point attempting to evaluate the success of these signings as some sort of mitigation either - it isn’t my point. Whether Godin is old or Young is old - they got these players in because they felt they needed them.

They loaned out Radu and Brazao of their signings, the rest are part of the squad. Lazaro went on loan to Newcastle too, but that wasn’t until January.

I just think their turnover is unique at the top level. You look at United for example, who will look to add 2 or 3 players. An Inter window seems to be 7 or 8. And we have probably had to actively tell them to feck off with the likes of Matic and Chong too.
You're just reading Transfermarkt and getting it all wrong. There's a lot of players coming and going, but it doesn't really affect the starting 11.

Politano was there last year - so not sure why it's showing as incoming. In fact he's at Napoli now so should be outgoing.
Lazaro has been loaned out.
Radu is a reserve keeper
Brazao is the same
Salcedo is a 17 yr old
Agoume is a 17 yrd old
I discussed Sensi, Young, Sanchez, Moses above
Biraghi was a free transfer

Anyways, the turnover is not unique. Look at Chelsea (I guess prior to the ban) and see the arrivals for 17/18:

Álvaro Morata
Danny Drinkwater
Antonio Rüdiger
Davide Zappacosta
Emerson
Olivier Giroud
Ross Barkley
Ethan Ampadu
Willy Caballero
Michael Hector
Nathan
Fikayo Tomori
Todd Kane
Ola Aina
Tomas Kalas
Lewis Baker
Tammy Abraham
Kurt Zouma
Jamal Blackman
Charly Musonda Jr.
Lucas Piazón
Charly Musonda Jr.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Kenneth Omeruo
Christian Atsu
Lewis Baker
Bertrand Traoré
Mario Pasalic
Juan Cuadrado
Wallace Oliveira
Abdul Rahman Baba
Michael Hector
Cristian Cuevas
Andreas Christensen
Matej Delac
Danilo Pantic

Obviously that list looks insane to the untrained eye until you realize the majority will never see the first team - and are just a bunch of players who will be farmed out and ultimately sold elsewhere.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You're just reading Transfermarkt and getting it all wrong. There's a lot of players coming and going, but it doesn't really affect the starting 11.

Politano was there last year - so not sure why it's showing as incoming. In fact he's at Napoli now so should be outgoing.
Lazaro has been loaned out.
Radu is a reserve keeper
Brazao is the same
Salcedo is a 17 yr old
Agoume is a 17 yrd old
I discussed Sensi, Young, Sanchez, Moses above
Biraghi was a free transfer

Anyways, the turnover is not unique. Look at Chelsea (I guess prior to the ban) and see the arrivals for 17/18:

Álvaro Morata
Danny Drinkwater
Antonio Rüdiger
Davide Zappacosta
Emerson
Olivier Giroud
Ross Barkley
Ethan Ampadu
Willy Caballero
Michael Hector
Nathan
Fikayo Tomori
Todd Kane
Ola Aina
Tomas Kalas
Lewis Baker
Tammy Abraham
Kurt Zouma
Jamal Blackman
Charly Musonda Jr.
Lucas Piazón
Charly Musonda Jr.
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Kenneth Omeruo
Christian Atsu
Lewis Baker
Bertrand Traoré
Mario Pasalic
Juan Cuadrado
Wallace Oliveira
Abdul Rahman Baba
Michael Hector
Cristian Cuevas
Andreas Christensen
Matej Delac
Danilo Pantic

Obviously that list looks insane to the untrained eye until you realize the majority will never see the first team - and are just a bunch of players who will be farmed out and ultimately sold elsewhere.
I’m aware of those players. As I said, Radu and Brazao were loaned out anyway. The 17 year olds were highly rated. Augoame in particular wasn’t some youth team signing. Because you ‘discussed Sensi, Moses, Young and Sanchez above’ doesn’t change anything. They were players brought in to the club by their manager because he saw a use for them. They all featured in their team since joining. Lazaro was a big money signing, and loaned out in January. He was part of the squad before that, I remember watching him play for Inter.

Because a player came in for free doesn’t change my point either, a point I’m not sure you get. It isn’t really about what a player costs. It is a comment about the amount of players they add to their squad on a frequent basis. Their strategy seems to be to just keep adding players. You can list the Chelsea incomings for a year of your choosing, but Sanchez, Young, Eriksen, Biraghi, Moses, Lukaku, Sensi, Barella, Lazaro and Godin have all played for the team in competitive league matches this season. This is no ‘Transfermarket’ talk, I watched them with my own eyes, and thought it remarkable how many players they look to add to their team every window. It seems like something an internet fan would wish their team to do, based on what I read, but not something I expect from a top club. My point doesn’t really go any further than that.

Suedesi

I’m aware of those players. As I said, Radu and Brazao were loaned out anyway. The 17 year olds were highly rated. Augoame in particular wasn’t some youth team signing. Because you ‘discussed Sensi, Moses, Young and Sanchez above’ doesn’t change anything. They were players brought in to the club by their manager because he saw a use for them. They all featured in their team since joining. Lazaro was a big money signing, and loaned out in January. He was part of the squad before that, I remember watching him play for Inter.

Because a player came in for free doesn’t change my point either, a point I’m not sure you get. It isn’t really about what a player costs. It is a comment about the amount of players they add to their squad on a frequent basis. Their strategy seems to be to just keep adding players. You can list the Chelsea incomings for a year of your choosing, but Sanchez, Young, Eriksen, Biraghi, Moses, Lukaku, Sensi, Barella, Lazaro and Godin have all played for the team in competitive league matches this season. This is no ‘Transfermarket’ talk, I watched them with my own eyes, and thought it remarkable how many players they look to add to their team every window. It seems like something an internet fan would wish their team to do, based on what I read, but not something I expect from a top club. My point doesn’t really go any further than that.
I'm not sure you're getting my point either - so whatever I guess. They got the best DOF in Italy and a coach that demands a certain style and type of player. They've done some wheeling and dealing to accommodate Conte. In addition, they're hamstrung financially so they can't exactly go out and buy whoever they want - they have to be opportunistic and find deals / gems instead of paying 120million Euros for Sancho they have to make do with 15 million for Sanchez. Lukaku signing was predicated on Icardi leaving, a lot incomings are predicated on Lautaro going. It's not that difficult to understand, they don't operate at the top of the transfer table.

Alemar

At current rate, we actually need to offer them all our to-be-disposed-of players, including Dalot, Lingard, Mata, Smalling, Rojo and Jones - chances are they will also fancy at least one of those

Tony247

From united perspective this should be inter milan appreciation thread.

flappyjay

Nobody wants Rojo, he will end up going back to Argentina on a free or loaned out again.
Everton wanted him last year and we refused, apparently we didn't want to sell the competition

Chief123

Inter are genuinely trying to create an ex-Man Utd XI.

Darmian has signed for them!

GlasgowCeltic

Going after Darmian and Alonso when you’ve recently signed Young and Kolorov is sensational

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'm not sure you're getting my point either - so whatever I guess. They got the best DOF in Italy and a coach that demands a certain style and type of player. They've done some wheeling and dealing to accommodate Conte. In addition, they're hamstrung financially so they can't exactly go out and buy whoever they want - they have to be opportunistic and find deals / gems instead of paying 120million Euros for Sancho they have to make do with 15 million for Sanchez. Lukaku signing was predicated on Icardi leaving, a lot incomings are predicated on Lautaro going. It's not that difficult to understand, they don't operate at the top of the transfer table.
DOFs in Italy must suck since they're basically signing a whole lot of EPL has beens