The January Centre Midfielder Market

Nickelodeon

Expect agents of CMs seeking a transfer to actively reach out to our management. Cautiously optimistic we'll get someone in.

JustinC00

Expect agents of CMs seeking a transfer to actively reach out to our management. Cautiously optimistic we'll get someone in.
There is less than 12 hours left. With how slow our board is, it's not happening. It wasn't happening regardless it's why they waited until today to disclose how long Eriksen will be out, ",wasn't enough time" lm ETH pretty much implied we aren't doing anything

IRN-BRUno

What about Marcel Sabitzer from Bayern? Doesn't seem to play much for them and could be a good Eriksen replacement until the end of the season.
Looks like someone read this and immediately contacted Bayern :lol:

Nickelodeon

There is less than 12 hours left. With how slow our board is, it's not happening. It wasn't happening regardless it's why they waited until today to disclose how long Eriksen will be out, ",wasn't enough time" lm ETH pretty much implied we aren't doing anything
Still think that buddy? :D

NoPace

My guess is this is about proper alerting him to our interest so he can be a backup plan as a free transfer. If we're short on money for both a #9 and a top CM and De Jong doesn't want to come, maybe we look like this next year:

CM: Bruno, Eriksen, Sabitzer/Kamada, Fred
DM: Casemiro, NEW DM

and we sell McTominay and come out equal money-wise but with a quality DM to cover for Casemiro and 4 decent midfielders, one of Mainoo or Iqbal goes on loan and the other gets games as the #5 CM for the 2 more attacking spots.

All the money then spent on Goncalo Ramos would be my guess.

CM

It would be nice if we could get another in alongside Sabitzer but I expect players like Aouar were being lined up as alternatives. That being said, I've already been wrong once about who we will sign today. A second signing would go a long way to reducing the current strain put on our midfield.

bosskeano

with ronaldo's wages off the bill....could they be looking at bringing in 2 guys on loan for the remainder of the season and could easily cover their wages

Sabitzer, Aouar and Amrabat all mentioned today

Rolaholic

Amrabat would be an absolute dream signing to back up Casemiro but I'm not buying it for one second :lol:

Barca have been trying to get him in on loan but Fiorentina refuse as they only want to sell.

We're skint as it is. Would be a terrific addition though at half the fee let's say a Caicedo would go for. Also still just 26.

Sabitzer and Amrabat would have the midfield depth set for the business end of the season after the injuriesto VDB and Eriksen. Would also help big time in the event of further injuries there

NoPace

Amrabat would be an absolute dream signing to back up Casemiro but I'm not buying it for one second :lol:

Barca have been trying to get him in on loan but Fiorentina refuse as they only want to sell.

We're skint as it is. Would be a terrific addition though at half the fee let's say a Caicedo would go for. Also still just 26.

Sabitzer and Amrabat would have the midfield depth set for the business end of the season after the injuriesto VDB and Eriksen. Would also help big time in the event of further injuries there
Fiorentina are 11 points safe, 13 back from the Europa league, they have an okay backup DM in Duncan. I could see us getting him, though he should probably want to go to Barcelona since they don't have a proper #6.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

with ronaldo's wages off the bill....could they be looking at bringing in 2 guys on loan for the remainder of the season and could easily cover their wages

Aggregators often take things out of context. If multiple deals were being completed, we'd see more news on it.
They were probably back-ups in case Sabitzer couldnt work out.

croadyman

Aggregators often take things out of context. If multiple deals were being completed, we'd see more news on it.
They were probably back-ups in case Sabitzer couldnt work out.
Yeah totally agree if we wanted either Aouar/Amrabat in addition to Sabitzer then would be hearing about it from tier 1's. More likely we are planning on who to bring in for some midfield depth in the summer.

UDontMessWith24

Can anyone that watches L1 shed some light on why Aouar fell off after at one point in time being one of the hottest prospects in the world?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Can anyone that watches L1 shed some light on why Aouar fell off after at one point in time being one of the hottest prospects in the world?
He’s still a really good player. I’d argue it’s a bit of injuries and system not quite playing to his strengths personally.

JuriM

Lyon it self has been a mess, different managers using different systems and not knowing what's their best midfield setup is.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble

Would love it, but I don’t understand the logic behind loaning out Aouar from Lyon’s point of view. He is OOC in the summer. He is a core player for them. Would they give him away for a small fee?

Amrabat might be an alternative since Fiorentina are safe in the standings but way out of Europe. Could make sense for Fiorentina to loan him out to give him more exposure.

avgp_1

Didn't play much under Bosz, but under the new manager he was getting to start again but has been injured

Andy_Cole

So we are looking for a AMC/forward. Some random names I can think of.

Charles de Ketelaere:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/charles-de-ketelaere/profil/spieler/435772

Big talent who look fantastic in highlights, but who really have stunk (been overwhelmed) when I’ve seen him.

Renato Sanches isn’t playing much for PSG, not that big of a fan of the player, but he is a body.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/renato-sanches/profil/spieler/258027#subnavi

Nicola Zaniolo
https://www.transfermarkt.com/nicolo-zaniolo/profil/spieler/392085

Haven’t seen him that much, but not the biggest fan of him either. There is a reason he is not playing.

Eden Hazard

Mariano Diaz, 28, from Real, isn’t playing, hardly knows who he is…
https://www.transfermarkt.com/mariano-diaz/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/225020

Mohammed Kudos — Honestly, Ajax “should” loan him to us. He isn’t starting for them. They are out of the CL. He would play a lot for us. Would increase his value significantly.

I can appreciate Ajax wanting to keep the team together, build up chemistry etc, with so big turnover, but…

Zakaria Labyad
https://www.transfermarkt.com/zakaria-labyad/verletzungen/spieler/123349

Quincy Promes
https://www.transfermarkt.com/quincy-promes/profil/spieler/182381

Gabriel Barbosa
Probably one of my favorites. He has done well in Brazil, leading his team to winning the SA CL etc. Was rumored to be available on loan with option to buy last January.
Quincy Promes has imported 1300kg of cocaine into Holland.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/quincy-promes-cocaine-breaking-155118-20230530

NoPace

I'm intrigued by Dani Ceballos. People will turn up their nose at it because he wasn't great at Arsenal, but Ancelotti seems to rate him and used him quite a bit and he might be available because they're signing Bellingham, still only 26. Could be a case of a highly skilled CM who just needed to get to his mid-20s to toughen up and learn to play off the ball.

https://fbref.com/en/players/c0617e2b/Dani-Ceballos
His passing and dribbling stats are incredible.

We famously missed out on Sneijder and Robben the year Madrid bought Cristiano and got rid of them at around the same age (they were both 25) and they went on to star for Inter and Bayern. Could be a similar case of a guy who has has some injuries but also was seen as a massive talent and is currently in the Spain squad (though maybe because Pedri is hurt) which is always impressive considering their midfield quality (guys like Koke, Llorente, Soler, Olmo are not at the moment). I think it's fair to say Mount wouldn't really be a regular there.

If the price is low and we also buy a proper backup for Casemiro, that could do nicely.