The January Centre Midfielder Market

ShinjiNinja26

Unless he plans to give Zidane a chance then we don’t have any midfielder that offers at least some of what Eriksen can do. The best solution in my opinion is to drop Bruno a bit deeper into the Eriksen role and put Sancho in the 10 when he returns which is hopefully soon. Not ideal but we’ll have to work with what we’ve got unfortunately.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fred isn't a problem as long as Casemiro plays. Him and McT together is a problem. It might mean Bruno having to drop back and just hope Sancho is back.
As I’ve highlighted, Scott is the big concern. A partnership of Casemiro and Fred doesn’t concern me at all, and there are many times I’d have preferred to see it instead of Casemiro and Eriksen in any case.

Lewnited

Well this is a comically stupid situation.

A tie against one of the strongest teams in Europe and a cup final on the horizon... two fit central midfielders.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So, we either get someone in today or we have 1 midfield sub for the remainder of the season.
Also, no academy player to step up and play CM.
I can't say I don't feel a little frustrated. Weghorst loan was acceptable another CM loan now makes us look a little amateur.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Fred will play in midfield instead of Eriksen.

We will be less technical and we will have less solutions against the pressing, but the counter press Fred will provide will be interesting.

We need another player there because we only have Mc Tominay behind.

Unless Mainoo or Iqbal become the new Pedri, it will be tough without Eriksen. Hope it s not 3 month sideline

hobbers

If we really wanted to sign a midfielder before the deadline we wouldnt be asking Barca and PSG :lol:

Giggsy13

Unless he plans to give Zidane a chance then we don’t have any midfielder that offers at least some of what Eriksen can do. The best solution in my opinion is to drop Bruno a bit deeper into the Eriksen role and put Sancho in the 10 when he returns which is hopefully soon. Not ideal but we’ll have to work with what we’ve got unfortunately.
100%. I actually think Sancho has the qualities to play in the 10 role and it may actually turn out to be his best position. At this stage ten Hag will have to be creative where the club is incapable of backing him for a last minute midfielder deal.

RonaldoVII

Wasn't Bruno's first game for us in central midfield?

Hoof the ball

Fred will play in midfield instead of Eriksen.

We will be less technical and we will have less solutions against the pressing, but the counter press Fred will provide will be interesting.

We need another player there because we only have Mc Tominay behind.

Unless Mainoo or Iqbal become the new Pedri, it will be tough without Eriksen. Hope it s not 3 month sideline
I mean, it should be pointed out that Pedri became Pedri because he got many minutes at 17. Same with Gavi. We can't ever hope that Mainoo or Iqbal could be our equivalent of these talents with less than a fraction oft he playing time. Pretty much now, more than ever, they need more minutes to turn talent into useful squad additions.

Red_Heisenberg

If we really wanted to sign a midfielder before the deadline we wouldnt be asking Barca and PSG :lol:
Why wouldn't we? We're after a loan, these clubs are stacked in midfield and their 4th choice midfielder who may be surplus to requirements next season could do a job for us.

It's not like we'd be asking them to loan veratti and pedri.

SER19

Surely Rabiot an option now. Juve in dire state, out of contract and saw that we didn't bite for ridiculous demands last time. Plus we've improved massively since summer

hobbers

Why wouldn't we? We're after a loan, these clubs are stacked in midfield and their 4th choice midfielder who may be surplus to requirements next season could do a job for us.

It's not like we'd be asking them to loan veratti and pedri.
Barca aren't stacked at all, they play with 4 or 5 midfielders starting every game.

If we really wanted to loan a midfielder we'd be asking Fiorentina for Amrabat, since Barca are trying to loan him from them right now.

MrSingh2002

Vitinha from PSG would be my choice for a loan and Eriksen replacement.

But is he starting at PSG?

TheGame

Bruno in a 2 man midfield would be an absolute disaster.

ZainCRse7en

Heard that Arsenal keen to offload Sambi Lokonga after getting jorginho. Fancy we try a loan or some sort?

croadyman

We might actually need two loan midfielders with Eriksen out so long now. Like someone said in the transfer thread surely we knew it didn't look when he left ground on crutches.