The Jewels of Sporting Clube De Portugal

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You know what I discovered today? Tiago Fernandes (Manuel son) was saying today when Bruno Fernandes still played there was watching one game from the under 17's or 19´s and after watching Gonçalo Inácio playing with his left foot turned to him and said "This is the next Mathieu coming from the Academy".

Of course a bit of overreaction, but still shows Fernandes has a good eye for spotting talent. We don't play great football, but at least we have someone who isn't afraid of playing young players on the first 11.
I think it’s a great comparison. Inácio is the type of CB Barcelona would orgasm over.

He is like a midfielder who plays at CB. That pass he did to Porro who then crossed to Pote who hit the bar was nothing short of sublime. Also his pass to Pote who had a beautiful control but could not finish was also great . Added to that how calm he is on the ball it’s very natural to him. With Nuno Mendes and Inácio we might have the future starting LB and LCB of the national team.

For anyone interested in what I am talking about:

:At 32 seconds is his first pass
;At 50 seconds is the second one

mav_9me

@SportingCP96

Thanks for those clips. Yes. That was brilliant. Both were exceptional passes. Scholes would have been proud of those.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How many of the impressive U21 Portugal side are from Sporting? @SportingCP96
Gonçalves and Nuno Mendes are with the first team already (Portugal) the best player of the under 21’s so far has been Vitinha the midfielder from Wolves IMO.

While Inácio who @SportingCP96 was mentioning is a interesting player (I like him) he isn’t ready yet to play in the Premier League, let alone for top clubs, he has to play more games on the Domestic League and to taste European football.

Maybe in 2 years he will be ok for top leagues.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I have no doubt that we’ll sign a player from this club within the next 2 years, via our link with Bruno.

Just a gut feeling.

SCP_PT

Supports
Sporting
How many of the impressive U21 Portugal side are from Sporting? @SportingCP96
Playing in Sporting we have:
Luís Maximiliano
Daniel Bragança
Tiago Tomás

But in this Sub-21 team we have some players that made all his young formation in Sporting.
Thierry Correia
Tiago Djalo
Rafael Leão

So... 6 players in total from Sporting Young Academy.

SportingCP96

Supports
Dario Essugo: Only 16 years old but already has first team minutes under his name and is regularly training with the first team. I will make a more detailed post of him in the near future I am sure. In the meantime a link below

SportingCP96

Supports
We recently stole two big prospects from Porto as well both 17 years old Goncalo Esteves and Marco Cruz

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 i love the enthusiasm and positivity with which you talk about your team and players. It’s quite refreshing amongst all the doom and gloom surrounding United on here at times.
Truth be told we have a young promising team with a young promising coach and we just won the title for the first time in 19 years so it’s hard to be upset at the moment.

However their have been more dark times then good ones and I have done my share of shit talking towards the team and president.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

sounds like a decent deal for both clubs, presuming the purchase price will be around 8m yoyo

Pep's Suit

Good deal. Walker's 32 this season and City still have Yan Couto who is slowly becoming a regular for Braga.

tomaldinho1

sounds like a decent deal for both clubs, presuming the purchase price will be around 8m yoyo
I've always wondered in these types of deal, let's say Porro becomes world class and they want him back so submit the required bid. Porro can just say 'no' right? Feel like it's almost pointless unless you're the richer/more prestigious club (like Reguillon from Real to Spurs).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I've always wondered in these types of deal, let's say Porro becomes world class and they want him back so submit the required bid. Porro can just say 'no' right? Feel like it's almost pointless unless you're the richer/more prestigious club (like Reguillon from Real to Spurs).
As far as I know in these cases the potential buyer will already negotiate a contract with the player at the time they get their purchase option.

SportingCP96

Supports
Very happy to keep Porro he lives, breathes, and bleeds Sporting through and through. He is very much in love with the club and one of our best young players!

Big talent Spain have on their hands. I can see him starting for Spain soon.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Very happy to keep Porro he lives, breathes, and bleeds Sporting through and through. He is very much in love with the club and one of our best young players!

Girona sad noises.

We curiously had two food young rb in recent times, Porro being one of them.

JohnnyKills

His surname means spliff in Spanish.

Pete spliff

SportingCP96

Supports

Video showcasing Pedro Gonçalves finishing ability. The common then with his goals is they are all placement. He is just passing the ball into the net. Absolute class.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Video showcasing Pedro Gonçalves finishing ability. The common then with his goals is they are all placement. He is just passing the ball into the net. Absolute class.
You should create a thread on Ruben Amorim. I would've done so, but will leave it to the caf's most popular Sportinguista.

gajender

@SportingCP96 would you be kind enough to provide your assessment on Matheus Nunes what kind of player is he and how high his ceiling is.

SportingCP96

Supports
You should create a thread on Ruben Amorim. I would've done so, but will leave it to the caf's most popular Sportinguista.
Was their not one made already? I remember making a detailed post on him in a thread but can’t remember which.

I’ll probably make one this week.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Was their not one made already? I remember making a detailed post on him in a thread but can’t remember which.

I’ll probably make one this week.
We need one in the football forum titled 'The rise of Ruben Amorim'

I look forward to your write up and will also add my thoughts.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96 would you be kind enough to provide your assessment on Matheus Nunes what kind of player is he and how high his ceiling is.
Matheus Nunes is a very interesting story. Just 3-4 years ago he was making bread at a bakery and now he’s a starter for Sporting.

Matheus Nunes is a raw but natural talent. I would define his play style as a box to box type of player who goes up and down the pitch and does a bit of everything. He’s very technically gifted and one of his go to moves is the body feint which he does beautifully to get out of pressure and tight spaces. What also helps in that is he is a strong player and is good at using his body to shield and protect the ball. His passing is one of his very good qualities as he can drop a ball like a dime. He scored some crucial goals in our title winning season last years namely in the big games but I would say scoring is an area I would like to see him improve on. He has a good shot on him but does not use it enough. Another area which he needs to improve on is sometimes he holds on to the ball a little too long and tries to over do things. I see Nunes going to the EPL sooner rather then later.

PROS - Passing, Strength, Vision, Technical Ability, Stamina

CONS - Finishing, Concentration , Defensive Awareness (inconsistent)

SportingCP96

Supports
We need one in the football forum titled 'The rise of Ruben Amorim'

I look forward to your write up and will also add my thoughts.
That’s a great title I might just do it now !

gajender

Matheus Nunes is a very interesting story. Just 3-4 years ago he was making bread at a bakery and now he’s a starter for Sporting.

Matheus Nunes is a raw but natural talent. I would define his play style as a box to box type of player who goes up and down the pitch and does a bit of everything. He’s very technically gifted and one of his go to moves is the body feint which he does beautifully to get out of pressure and tight spaces. What also helps in that is he is a strong player and is good at using his body to shield and protect the ball. His passing is one of his very good qualities as he can drop a ball like a dime. He scored some crucial goals in our title winning season last years namely in the big games but I would say scoring is an area I would like to see him improve on. He has a good shot on him but does not use it enough. Another area which he needs to improve on is sometimes he holds on to the ball a little too long and tries to over do things. I see Nunes going to the EPL sooner rather then later.

PROS - Passing, Strength, Vision, Technical Ability, Stamina

CONS - Finishing, Concentration , Defensive Awareness (inconsistent)

Thanks for the detailed reply mate .

SportingCP96

Supports
Since the making of this thread we have seen lots of departures.

Tiago Tomas- Stuggart
Nuno Mendes- PSG
Palhinha- Fulham
Nunes- Wolves

I am a sad Sporting fan today.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
What were the fees for them? Any chance you can buy a league?

SportingCP96

Supports
What were the fees for them? Any chance you can buy a league?
Nuno Mendes- 45M + objectives
Nunes- 45M + objectives
Palhinha- 20M + objectives
Tiago Tomás- loan but seems he will be leaving for 15M