The Jewels of Sporting Clube De Portugal

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
You know what I discovered today? Tiago Fernandes (Manuel son) was saying today when Bruno Fernandes still played there was watching one game from the under 17's or 19´s and after watching Gonçalo Inácio playing with his left foot turned to him and said "This is the next Mathieu coming from the Academy".

Of course a bit of overreaction, but still shows Fernandes has a good eye for spotting talent. We don't play great football, but at least we have someone who isn't afraid of playing young players on the first 11.
I think it’s a great comparison. Inácio is the type of CB Barcelona would orgasm over.

He is like a midfielder who plays at CB. That pass he did to Porro who then crossed to Pote who hit the bar was nothing short of sublime. Also his pass to Pote who had a beautiful control but could not finish was also great . Added to that how calm he is on the ball it’s very natural to him. With Nuno Mendes and Inácio we might have the future starting LB and LCB of the national team.

For anyone interested in what I am talking about:

:At 32 seconds is his first pass
;At 50 seconds is the second one

mav_9me

@SportingCP96

Thanks for those clips. Yes. That was brilliant. Both were exceptional passes. Scholes would have been proud of those.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
How many of the impressive U21 Portugal side are from Sporting? @SportingCP96
Gonçalves and Nuno Mendes are with the first team already (Portugal) the best player of the under 21’s so far has been Vitinha the midfielder from Wolves IMO.

While Inácio who @SportingCP96 was mentioning is a interesting player (I like him) he isn’t ready yet to play in the Premier League, let alone for top clubs, he has to play more games on the Domestic League and to taste European football.

Maybe in 2 years he will be ok for top leagues.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I have no doubt that we’ll sign a player from this club within the next 2 years, via our link with Bruno.

Just a gut feeling.

SCP_PT

Supports
Sporting
How many of the impressive U21 Portugal side are from Sporting? @SportingCP96
Playing in Sporting we have:
Luís Maximiliano
Daniel Bragança
Tiago Tomás

But in this Sub-21 team we have some players that made all his young formation in Sporting.
Thierry Correia
Tiago Djalo
Rafael Leão

So... 6 players in total from Sporting Young Academy.