The job so far..

TheReligion

Abusive
So this isn't another critical threat. It's an objective look at what's been done with regards to the rebuild so far. Would be interested to see the opinions of how people think it's coming along and what should be done during the next phase without simply bashing the manager or board.

In:
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
James

Out:
Fellani
Herrera
Darmian
Valencia
Smalling
Sanchez
Lukaku

Promoted:
Greenwood
Chong
Gomes
Tuanzebe
Williams

Renewed:
Rashford
Martial
De Gea
Lindelof
Shaw

I think it's clear from the above the in column is too small given the experience and quality that's been let go. That said I do think when you look at the above subjectively you can see a plan and this is why I feel people need to stick with this rebuild and ride it out. Yes it doesn't excuse sloppy play on the pitch, and a seeming lack of style, but take that out of the equation and for once we do seem to be developing a strategy in the market and in trimming the squad.

Next phase?

My thoughts.

Renewals:
Pogba
Gomes

Out:
Rojo
Young
Jones
Matic

Clearly that would mean a number far greater than 3 would need to come in (so as to make up for the sheer volume of exits). I'm not going to speculate who but I'd anticipate a signing in January and then a busy summer.

All in all bar the lack of a player or two this season I don't think we can be that critical. Yes we need a DoF and I'm amazed at haven't sorted one yet but I can see progress with how we are getting things done.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If you’re going to use my trademarked format you need 3 ellipses in your title, not 2 :)

Denis79

You forgot Mata’s renewal.
The next renewal would be Lingard, and probably Gomes, Pogba won’t be here next season.
I'm also fairly certain Pogba is leaving, all that commotion in the summer wasn't a temporary thing. Unless we make him extremely well payed I do believe he'll push for an exit again next window.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I'm also fairly certain Pogba is leaving, all that commotion in the summer wasn't a temporary thing. Unless we make him extremely well payed I do believe he'll push for an exit again next window.
I don’t see a reason for him to stay, it is ridiculous, he could be well paid someplace else too.
I imagine he was promised to be sold if he stayed for another season ala Ronaldo back in the day.

Skills

Snitch
I'm not interested in transfers anymore. Everytime we have a new manager, everyone praises them to the gods for the great work they're doing at bringing in good players and removing the deadwood.

Then, when the next one comes in its the same shit but with the last managers signings also joining the deadwood crew. Nobody questions them or holds them accountable for making good use of the players already at the club. Which is the most important part of the job.

Denis79

I don’t see a reason for him to stay, it is ridiculous, he could be well paid someplace else too.
I imagine he was promised to be sold if he stayed for another season ala Ronaldo back in the day.
When I said well payed I meant very well payed. I'll get a lot of stick for this but I believe Pogba would sell his ambitions for the right amount of money, but then he'll just be here for the cash and nothing else and we all know how fantastic he is when he doesn't give a shit.

Beagle

The job is not just getting players in. In terms of the recruitment only, Ole has been decent. He signed much needed players at the back, but neglected the midfield. He has shown that he believes in some bang average players. He has probably put too much responsibility on Rashford and Martial, neither of whom are prolific goal getters.

Apart from transfers, he has been diabolical. The style of play is shocking and doesn't look like changing any time soon. This is the key indicator of progress, not transfer activity. It would be fine if he could get the team playing effectively but being let down by individual mistakes. That's clearly not the case. A fair assessment of Ole's time here is that the team and squad have regressed overall since he took over.

freeurmind

weak willed
Out: Young, Jones, Matic, Mata, Fred, Lingard, Alexis, Rojo
Promoted: Garner, Williams
Sent on loan: Chong, Greenwood
In: Van de Beek, Sancho, Eriksen, Savic, Meunier, Haaland, Tonali, Olmo, Smalling (return from loan)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not a chance Pogba will stay. Teams in far better positions to win trophies than us will offer him just as much money as we can if he wants to go. It's not like DDG where we're basically his only option.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Not a chance Pogba will stay. Teams in far better positions to win trophies than us will offer him just as much money as we can if he wants to go. It's not like DDG where we're basically his only option.
Yes, there’s also really no reason for us to build a team around a player who doesn’t really want to be here, nor he is particularly consistent.
He is supposed to be our playmaker, the best player in the team, you cannot have a playmaker who isn’t fully committed with the fans on his back.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The job of OGS is to COACH THE feckING TEAM...

This thread is reflective of the work of Woodward and Judge, and the title should be changed if the OP hopes to make any sense with what he / she is saying.

Eric's Seagull

Although I think there should have been more signings. I'm happy with the signings that we made in the summer and hope that they are going to stay here for a long time.

Happy that we have finally gotten rid of a lot of deadwood at last, although I think we should have kept Herrera or at the least got in a replacement and also brought in a replacement for Lukaku.

Very happy that so many of our young players were promoted which has been the highlight of the season.
Generally happy with the renewals you mentioned although I don't think Mata or Jones should have had their contracts renewed.

Think we should try very hard to get Gomes to renew his contract. I don't think Pogba will sign a new contract, I think he will be gone, I would like Fosuh Mensah to sign a new contract, think Lingard is going to get a contract extension soon but I wouldn't give it to him.

Agree with your outs, although also hoping Alexis leaves permanently and would leave Mata go. Although like you said that would mean we would need to bring in quite a few players, which I don't think will happen, but I really hope it does.

Crashoutcassius

I'm not sure Anyone will offer him 400k + without him actually playing a single game well this year. If he finds a bit of form and zidane somehow stays at Madrid maybe he will swing it

Stacks

So this isn't another critical threat. It's an objective look at what's been done with regards to the rebuild so far. Would be interested to see the opinions of how people think it's coming along and what should be done during the next phase without simply bashing the manager or board.

In:
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
James

Out:
Fellani
Herrera
Darmian
Valencia
Smalling
Sanchez
Lukaku

Promoted:
Greenwood
Chong
Gomes
Tuanzebe
Williams

Renewed:
Rashford
Martial
De Gea
Lindelof
Shaw

I think it's clear from the above the in column is too small given the experience and quality that's been let go. That said I do think when you look at the above subjectively you can see a plan and this is why I feel people need to stick with this rebuild and ride it out. Yes it doesn't excuse sloppy play on the pitch, and a seeming lack of style, but take that out of the equation and for once we do seem to be developing a strategy in the market and in trimming the squad.

Next phase?

My thoughts.

Renewals:
Pogba
Gomes

Out:
Rojo
Young
Jones
Matic

Clearly that would mean a number far greater than 3 would need to come in (so as to make up for the sheer volume of exits). I'm not going to speculate who but I'd anticipate a signing in January and then a busy summer.

All in all bar the lack of a player or two this season I don't think we can be that critical. Yes we need a DoF and I'm amazed at haven't sorted one yet but I can see progress with how we are getting things done.
Renewed :
Mata
Pereira
Young
Rojo
Jones

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’m pleased with the direction we’re going in, in terms of players out and those promoted, and remain a supporter of OGS on that basis.

That said, the on-field performances must improve quickly. Having just watched Chelsea wipe the floor with Southampton with a team that last season you wouldn’t have even said would make top half, it’s clear the management need to do better with the squad.

ash_86

We are going in the right direction. We invested big in defense and already we're reaping the rewards:

Just he lack of quality upfront and Martial's injury for two months has made our attack weak. Add a striker, RW and 2 midfielder and renew Pogba and Gomes and we're looking good for top4. It's a multi season progress that we need to see it out.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Said before but Ole as an unofficial director of football has been ok in terms of this being the first summer where we haven’t signed dross for silly money while getting rid of some of the deadwood. Except he’s not a DOF and is supposed to be a manager who can do tactics and things.

Stacks

We are going in the right direction. We invested big in defense and already we're reaping the rewards:

Just he lack of quality upfront and Martial's injury for two months has made our attack weak. Add a striker, RW and 2 midfielder and renew Pogba and Gomes and we're looking good for top4. It's a multi season progress that we need to see it out.
Many of those play Champions League opposition not Astana. I would probably rely on league goals TBH

ash_86

Many of those play Champions League opposition not Astana. I would probably rely on league goals TBH
Many of the champions league teams are also not quality. There are plenty of teams outside top 5 leagues that gets backside handed out in CL.

acnumber9

We’ll need to sell Pogba to fund our three signings next summer.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Many of the champions league teams are also not quality. There are plenty of teams outside top 5 leagues that gets backside handed out in CL.
I'm betting since Sir Alex retired, only City have conceded fewer goals than us. When you don't attack, you tend to be not so bad at defending.

ash_86

Like who? Which teams that Spurs and Co have played are on a level with our opponents?
Olympicaos , crvena , club brugge aren't quite quality. Tea playing agaisnt them arent going to let in lot of goals.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

In:
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
James

Out:
Fellani
Herrera
Darmian
Valencia
Smalling
Sanchez
Lukaku

Promoted:
Greenwood
Chong
Gomes
Tuanzebe
Williams

Renewed:
Rashford
Martial
De Gea
Lindelof
Shaw

Next phase?

My thoughts.

Renewals:
Pogba
Gomes

Out:
Rojo
Young
Jones
Matic

They're already leaking that they're only buying 4 players next year, the board don't care as long as we don't get relegated.